PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wasn't jax supposed to smoke the pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eom

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

It's always dangerous to look at one game and think you understand a team (e.g., Pats against Baltimore). But JAX will need to be much better to beat the Pats, and you can be sure the Pats will not replicate the strange decision-making and playcalling by Pittsburgh.

I think they actually line up with you all pretty well--in particular, Rashean Mathis on Moss. If Henderson is healthy, it's going to be a good game, especially now that Garrard has had his bad game. Look to see a lot of Fred Taylor and Pocket Hercules next week.....

JAX will need to play at best to have a chance against us (imho)

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Does this count as an actual post?

I'm still trying to figure out what it actually means. Since the Jags just won a game are we to infer that they looked too weak in winning? Hmmm, playoff game on the road, a win isn't good enough unless you win by 30?

By that rule the Pats looked pretty bad in the Meadowlands.

So what are you saying, Mr. eom? Your message is garbled, unintelligible, and stunted.

a bit of a difference ...a playoff game and and the pats playing the giants. in the playoffs both teams have pressure...the giants had no pressure..and when they did...... they crumbled.

jax is the same team they were when we smoked them.

next opp please ...although i am not quite sure chargers will beat tenn.

I think they actually line up with you all pretty well--in particular, Rashean Mathis on Moss. If Henderson is healthy, it's going to be a good game, especially now that Garrard has had his bad game. Look to see a lot of Fred Taylor and Pocket Hercules next week.....

I think the Jags defense is actually a poor match up with the Pats' offense. The Jags have a tendency to give up the big play and also relies a lot of their front pressure to hide weaknesses in the secondary. The Pats will spread out the offense and create mismatches against the Jags secondary. Brady isn't Roethlisberger. I don't see him getting sacked six times and getting rattled because he is forced to stay in the pocket.

I think the Jags defense is actually a poor match up with the Pats' offense. The Jags have a tendency to give up the big play and also relies a lot of their front pressure to hide weaknesses in the secondary. The Pats will spread out the offense and create mismatches against the Jags secondary. Brady isn't Roethlisberger. I don't see him getting sacked six times and getting rattled because he is forced to stay in the pocket.

Perhaps, but I still like Mathis on Moss. That may free up Welker, but they'll need to come up with a scheme to try to prevent that--not easy, I know. They can bring the pressure, however, and while I agree Tom isn't Ben, even Tom can occasionally get rattled with pressure.

I also think that their steady diet of Fred and J-D may do wonders to keep your O off the field, especially if it's close late in the game (which admittedly may be a stretch) when the age of your LB's may start to show.

The Pats offense is superior to that of the Colts and they couldn't beat them.
Belichick is better than DelRio and has had time to prepare. I would take Jacksonville a lot more seriously if they could beat the Colts.

The Pats offense is superior to that of the Colts and they couldn't beat them.
Belichick is better than DelRio and has had time to prepare. I would take Jacksonville a lot more seriously if they could beat the Colts.

News Flash: The Pats beat the Colts this year.

Perhaps, but I still like Mathis on Moss. That may free up Welker, but they'll need to come up with a scheme to try to prevent that--not easy, I know. They can bring the pressure, however, and while I agree Tom isn't Ben, even Tom can occasionally get rattled with pressure.

I also think that their steady diet of Fred and J-D may do wonders to keep your O off the field, especially if it's close late in the game (which admittedly may be a stretch) when the age of your LB's may start to show.

Troll, it's not "bringing pressure" when you get a sack after the QB has held the ball for 10 seconds.

You have proven you're better than Pittsburgh. Congrats. They weren't an elite team even before their injuries. You will get pasted by Indy or NE next week. Enjoy your last week of media hype.

They can bring the pressure, however, and while I agree Tom isn't Ben, even Tom can occasionally get rattled with pressure.
When was that? He's not God, but I'd like to know what your opinion is of when he got rattled with pressure. Last year's AFCCG, or the Denver playoff game in 2005? I can cite more times than that when Joe Montana got "rattled with pressure", for example. Those two are the epitomy of all time NFL Joe Cool, so I think your statement is "frivolous". :rolleyes:

a bit of a difference ...a playoff game and and the pats playing the giants. in the playoffs both teams have pressure...the giants had no pressure..and when they did...... they crumbled.

jax is the same team they were when we smoked them.

next opp please ...although i am not quite sure chargers will beat tenn.

What makes you think the Jags are the same team?

Leftwich cant lose them for us anymore and our OLine is smoking.

* Heres what Brady will look like with our D all over him ---> :bricks:

* If we play you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill