Welcome to PatsFans.com

Washington Times et al call for Hastert to Resign...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 3, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

From this AM's stuff the Washington Times in an editorial calls for Hastert to resign, also Conservative talk show host Michael Reagan and Citizens United President David Bossie have called on House Speaker Dennis Hastert to resign. I know Limbaugh wants to play the Gary Studds card and Barney Frank cards, but overall this is pretty disgusting stuff... the investigation is continuing and there may be more info forthcoming.. either way it is a non-partisan issue, and borders on some real low life behavior.. to cover up the behavior or Foley denotes complicity and anyone who knew of it, but virtue of their station in life is as responsible for it. Tony Snow wants us to believe that this is only "naughty e-mails", but it looks like much more than this and I betcha it is only the tip of the iceburg... predators like Foley usually have a string of victims and every time they do not get caught they usually get a little bolder. The best defense is a good offense, and rather than letting crap happen to them who ever is involved needs to come forth and fess up.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20061002-102008-9058r.htm

The facts of the disgrace of Mark Foley, who was a Republican member of the House from a Florida district until he resigned last week, constitute a disgrace for every Republican member of Congress. Red flags emerged in late 2005, perhaps even earlier, in suggestive and wholly inappropriate e-mail messages to underage congressional pages. His aberrant, predatory -- and possibly criminal -- behavior was an open secret among the pages who were his prey. The evidence was strong enough long enough ago that the speaker should have relieved Mr. Foley of his committee responsibilities contingent on a full investigation to learn what had taken place, whether any laws had been violated and what action, up to and including prosecution, were warranted by the facts. This never happened.
    Rep. John Shimkus of Illinois, the Republican chairman of the House Page Board, said he learned about the Foley e-mail messages "in late 2005." Rep. John Boehner of Ohio, the leader of the Republican majority, said he was informed of the e-mail messages earlier this year. On Friday, Mr. Hastert dissembled, to put it charitably, before conceding that he, too, learned about the e-mail messages sometime earlier this year. Late yesterday afternoon, Mr. Hastert insisted that he learned of the most flagrant instant-message exchange from 2003 only last Friday, when it was reported by ABC News. This is irrelevant. The original e-mail messages were warning enough that a predator -- and, incredibly, the co-chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children -- could be prowling the halls of Congress. The matter wasn't pursued aggressively. It was barely pursued at all. Moreover, all available evidence suggests that the Republican leadership did not share anything related to this matter with any Democrat.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

The Washington Times is probably the leading conservative daily in the U.S., so this is a pretty big deal. Good for them for trying to get their Party to clean itself up.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +654 / 2 / -9

Foley should go to prison, Hastert should resign, then they should immediately start investigating the sex lives of every single member of Congress & the Senate to protect the children of the future from these animals.

Starting this year right after the November Elections the new members should have "Sexual Background Checks" to protect the young teenagers who have to work with the bastards.
    F-ck their Civil Liberties bullsh!t, the childrens safety comes before
    "Foley's Freedoms"
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +654 / 2 / -9

Sexual "Background Checks" on ALL members of elected officials in Washington, Protect The Children from the PIGS.
    :rocker:
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

I thought Hastert should have been tossed on his fat ass when he defended that POS with 90k in his fridge. We need term limits , NOW! If I never see him or Pelosi again it would be a good day.

Barney Frank needs to go, along with probably many other D's and R's.

Where is the vomit smiley? It is needed when talking about these scumbags.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +654 / 2 / -9

Those members of the "Auntie Pelosi/Uncle Teddy Gang" don't like to talk about that Democrat Crook that was Freezing his money with his "Fried Chicken Dinners".

Sexual background check for all politicians.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 6 / -2

I couldn't agree more. Hasert is a looser scumbag. That fat bastard made my blood boil when he chastized the fed for raiding a congressmans office. If I were a fed I'd have raided his just for spite. I think it might be time to nuke congress and start over. When I think of congress, I always thinkg about those Career Builder commercials with the guy thats working for the dressed up chimps. You guys know that commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfR9Sky4zlE
  8. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Look what soft-on-crime Hastert had to say on Rush Limbaugh's radio show.

What a maniac this man is.

"IF REPUBLCIANS LOSE, AMERICA WILL CRUMBLE." :rofl: