Welcome to PatsFans.com

Washington Post liar tries to discredit Rubio; pwned by Miami Herald

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by khayos, Oct 21, 2011.

1. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Then there was Obama's whopper about Kennedy Selma and his father.....

If a person of color is a conservative libs feel they must be destroyed and demeaned. This happened with C Thomas, and currently with H Cain and M Rubio. People of color can't be allowed off the liberal plantation.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Ditto for the conservatives who feel if a black person is elected President of the United States they, too, must be destroyed and demeaned.

When will you get it through your heads that it's not a conservative's color that makes liberals dislike or disagree with them - it's their conservatism.

Or maybe you judge people by your own selves and know something about why you hate politicians like Obama, Shirley Lee, John Lewis, or Maxine Waters that we don't know.
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Obama is disliked because of 2 things his policies and his penchant for lying about and hiding his background, see Rev Wright, Bill Ayers, his grades any personal records and so on.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

And Clarence Thomas is disliked because of his policies, his refusal to recuse himself on cases involving his spouse's employer, his history with Anita Hill, his association with big business and so on and so on.

Herman Cain is disliked because of his foreign policy (Ubeki-becki-stan-stan-stan,) his insistance on referring to blacks who don't agree with him as "brainwashed," his insane 9-9-9 plan, his general air of arrogance and his flip-flop on "the fence," and, currently, abortion.

Marco Rubio isn't necessarily disliked - yet - but if it's proven that he's fudged facts he knew weren't true, he'll join the crowd of lying politicians that liberals and conservative alike hold in low regard.

He's still got time to come out and say, "Gosh, that's what my parents always told me. I never actually saw their passports," and he changes his "official biography" to reflect the truth of the timing, it'll blow right over....but if he doesn't, he's probably going to lose some votes.
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Thomas was attacked prior to any opinions he was denigrated as being stupid before anyone read his opinions ( lefty J Toobin has since characterized Thomas as the intellectual leader of the court). He was savaged over Anita Hill, as Juan Williams not admits he was contacted for any dirt on Thomas to try to stop his nomination:

Clarence Thomas: Black Nationalist?

And of course Hill followed Thomas around from job to job, something no woman I know would do if her boss was sexually harassing her.

BTW the link in the OP demolishes and shows how sleazy the WaPo was in their smear story.
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

No, actually it does not.

And it does nothing to refute this:

Second sentence, official biography.

Highly regarded for his principled, energetic and idea-driven leadership, Marco Rubio was elected to the United States Senate in 2010 to represent the State of Florida.
    In 1971, Marco was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents who came to America following Fidel Castro's takeover

Biography - About Marco - U.S. Senator for Florida, Marco Rubio

You've also danced around it, deflected from it and otherwise tried to deny it's existance. Why not either excuse it or admit it?
  9. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't you read?

In 1961, my mother and older siblings did in fact return to Cuba while my father stayed behind wrapping up the family’s matters in the U.S. After just a few weeks living there, she fully realized the true nature of the direction Castro was taking Cuba and returned to the United States one month later, never to return

Read more: Did the Washington Post embellish Marco Rubio's 'embellishments'? | Naked Politics
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Don't you?

His parents signed notorized statements applying for citizenship stating:
    “I . . . am and have been a bona fide resident of the state of Florida since the 27th day of May, 1956.”

Marco Rubio’s compelling family story embellishes facts, documents show - The Washington Post

That doesn't sound a whole lot like someone who didn't consider the United States their home since that date.

You're still not addressing my question, anyhow. Why did he say they moved here following Castro's take over?

The above statement totally denies that possibility.

As for him saying that he's just "repeating what he's been told," family lore, so to speak, I find that a bit suspicious. Most parents, myself included, identify times in story lines by the ages of their children. His parents had an older child at the time of their immigration. I would imagine, when telling the story, that they would have said things like, "When Mario was six," or "It was so hard for Mario, he was only here a few weeks and he had to start school in a strange country." They don't say, "1959," or "1956." They tend to identify it with the age of a child.

I have to think hard to give you the year I bought my house in Indiana, but I'd have no trouble at all remembering that my middle son was just starting kindergarden. It's a short line from there to remembering the actual year.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Some posters like beating dead horses, they can't deal with facts that contradict their narrative. Nothing to respond to since they are incapable of dealing with facts.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

Of course the problem with this thread is tthere's video evidence to back up the story, unless of course you believe that one can be "the son of exiles" if your parents freely leave a nation two years before the communist takeover.

Rubio Embellishes His Family's History - YouTube!
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Of course as documented Rubio's mother and sibling returned and the father was planning to return until Mrs Rubio saw the horrror show Castro was turning Cuba into, 50 years on we see what a wise decision that was to escape from the occupy cuba crowd.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Some posters like beating dead horses, they can't deal with facts that contradict their narrative. Nothing to respond to since they are incapable of dealing with facts.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

I was just in forming Patters of the facts since it was his first post on this thread and may have missed the link. You OTOH just like to bite ankles...
  16. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

:rofl: So titus informing harry that nobody cares about his posts is a "personal attack," but you telling people the same, or that they bite ankles, isn't.... interesting world you live in
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

And I'm just in forming you that it doesn't matter if his mother and brother spent a few weeks back home in Cuba after living in the United States for 5 years. It doesn't mean they fled post-Castro take over - it means they went back to Cuba for a few weeks in 1961 to check it out and came back home to The United States where they then signed sworn statements that they'd lived in Florida since 1956.

It's not "ankle biting" to ask you to justify why his web site's official biography states that his parents left Cuba after Castro took over when, in truth, Castro over took several years after they actually left.

It is, however, understandable as to why you prefer not to answer the question.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -12

Well if you had read the linked article you would see his Mrs Rubio and his sibling moved there with the intention of a permanent move. Mr Rubio was clearing up the family business, but clearly you didn't read the article so I am done discussing the subject with you since you didn't bother to read the link.

BYE.
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +346 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

I read it. So what? I said I was moving back home to Indiana a few years ago, too....that lasted about 2 months. I don't consider that I gave up my Va residence while I did so. I kept my Va license, my address, my phone number, etc.. Her husband never left to join her - I presume they kept their home and other things here. They signed papers saying they been here, without leaving, since 1956 which means they didn't consider her 3 weeks in Cuba to have been a "move."

They didn't "flee" after Casto took over. They left long before that. They obvously weren't "exiles" or Mrs. Rubio would have been unable or, at the very least, extremely afraid, to return for even a 3 or 4 week visit much less be making "plans to move back home."

That's the thing about being an "exile," you can't go back.