PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Washington Is available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Sounds nice in theory, but with the spread of the 3-4, there are other suitors for his services when you talk NT. And lest we forget, he is still a double team magnet for a 4-3 team looking to keep a smaller MLB clean. I'd rather see if BB can score a DT in the draft who can learn behind Wilfork.

what you just wrote would give the pats the option to drop into a 4-3 at will with seymour, vince, washington, and warren. dude, that is sick. no, i didnt suggest a full change to a 4-3, but a qb would wet himself seeing that line with colvin, vrabel, and bruschi behind it. who would you double team?

Washington was great when he was here, I would rather have Sam Adams as a back-up to Vince now. Adams is big enough 6'4" 335(at least that what they say he weighs) to shut down the middle, and he is a much quicker than Washington. We do not have a bcak-up NT, and Adams (if he can be had for the right price) would be perfect for that. Plus if they switched to a 4-3, the Pats would have afront four of Seymour, Wilfork, Adams, Warren!

I think it would be fine to have Ted as backup NT for a year.

I dont think its realistic.
If he is going to be a backup, he will probably just retire. Why take a 400+ lb 38 yr old body through camp and preseason to get 10 snaps on a Sunday?

Beyond that, the money he want to forego retirement would probably be a lot higher than the value he would give us.

This spot should be filled by a young player.

AndyJohnson said:
I think it would be fine to have Ted as backup NT for a year.

I dont think its realistic.
If he is going to be a backup, he will probably just retire. Why take a 400+ lb 38 yr old body through camp and preseason to get 10 snaps on a Sunday?

Beyond that, the money he want to forego retirement would probably be a lot higher than the value he would give us.

This spot should be filled by a young player.

It is posts like this that has persuaded me to change my mind about TW.
These are good points, AJ. I had forgotten how old he was.
I had also forgotten that from what I have seen and heard, ol Ted wasn't exactly a charmer in the locker room. Most of us have seen his surly attitude toward Roman Phifer when Roman had the audacity to sit on HIS spot on the bench.
Yeah. I'm in the nay to Ted camp now.

Maybe Sam Adams would be a better fit for us?

Ted Washington is still one of my all-time favorite Pats! How many can say that after playing --- what --- 14 regular season games for us? If he'd play for cheap, let him take 12 snaps a game while Wilfork rests!

363839 said:
It is posts like this that has persuaded me to change my mind about TW.
These are good points, AJ. I had forgotten how old he was.
I had also forgotten that from what I have seen and heard, ol Ted wasn't exactly a charmer in the locker room. Most of us have seen his surly attitude toward Roman Phifer when Roman had the audacity to sit on HIS spot on the bench.
Yeah. I'm in the nay to Ted camp now.

Maybe Sam Adams would be a better fit for us?

I wouldn't sit in his spot on the bench.

I mean, what if he didn't see you? :bricks:

Last edited:
LOL!
Good one, Ray

PATSNUTme said:
Ther are quite a few NT types in the draft this year. We can grab a guy in the 3-5 round and use him to give VW a few plays of.

We don't need to spend FA money on TW or Sam Adams. Although it would be kinda fun to see Sam Adams in a Patriot uniform like his dad.
You've got them in the draft guide? Please post a list on the NT thread in the draft watering hole, my list needs updating.

Digger44 said:
what you just wrote would give the pats the option to drop into a 4-3 at will with seymour, vince, washington, and warren. dude, that is sick. no, i didnt suggest a full change to a 4-3, but a qb would wet himself seeing that line with colvin, vrabel, and bruschi behind it. who would you double team?
Vince, whether passing or running he has the short field burst to make plays. Sey off the edge wouldn't be as quick to the QB, he is more effective playing inside or over the tackle in the 3-4. Your 4-3 would be more effective if we had a sideline to sideline rocket like Vilma or Tatupu to screen behind the D-line mountains - whoops, we do, Monty... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back