Washington Is available...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Ever heard of this skinny fella?

Or, how about a Sam Adams?

Why am I starting to get thirsty for a good beer?

He's perfect for the role

At the time Big Ted left he said he wanted to play two more years then coach nose tackles. This is the second year and we have a young NT who would greatly benfit from sitting out a series or three and being tutored by one of the all time greats at the position. He's the perfect backup for Wilfork. I say let's get him!

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
Ever heard of this skinny fella?

Or, how about a Sam Adams?

Why am I starting to get thirsty for a good beer?

I think i recall that tiny dude. I don't think we need any more midgets on our team, though. hahahahaha. k, i'm bored... lol

Guys:

Ted Washington is 38 years old, 400 pounds, and finished. We might as well bring back Otis Smith to play corner. Or Gino Cappiletti as our field goal kicker.

hwc said:
Guys:

Ted Washington is 38 years old, 400 pounds, and finished. We might as well bring back Otis Smith to play corner. Or Gino Cappiletti as our field goal kicker.

C'mon...! there's now way he's lost that much weight during the off-season...

hwc said:
Guys:

Exactly. :cool:

I still like the idea of ol Ted coming back to tutor VW and also help
out with an occasional down or 2.
Anyways. I think BB will make the right decision.

Afterall, he knows a bit more than me on these matters.

363839 said:
I still like the idea of ol Ted coming back to tutor VW and also help
out with an occasional down or 2.
Anyways. I think BB will make the right decision.

Afterall, he knows a bit more than me on these matters.

No way we could afford Ted. He left for the big payday and hasn't had it long enough! After all he still has to feed his family - - - assuming of course they're able to get anything after he feeds himself!! :rolleyes:

hwc said:
Guys:

Alot of people were convinced that Washington was finished a few years back when we signed him too. They were wrong. I think he has a year left in him especially considering he would only need to play one down per series.

patpatriot said:
At the time Big Ted left he said he wanted to play two more years then coach nose tackles. This is the second year and we have a young NT who would greatly benfit from sitting out a series or three and being tutored by one of the all time greats at the position. He's the perfect backup for Wilfork. I say let's get him!

I just don't buy the tutor thing. I think that's one of those things that sounds good and is interesting to talk about, but really doesn't end up happening in most instances. Ive heard former coaches say basically the same thing.

huskeralk said:
.... I think he has a year left in him especially considering he would only need to play one down per series.

I distinctly recall times ... when he was here ...
that i wondered whether he'd be able to waddle on/off the field before the next play.

A round-trip each series
might be too much to ask.

Such short memories

Y'all wern't making all these fat jokes when TW was here plugging up the "A" gap were you? His value is limited to a few a few 3-4 teams. I suggest we be one of them. I'll bet RAC will be all over him.

edzo44 said:
After all he still has to feed his family - - - assuming of course they're able to get anything after he feeds himself!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't imagine what his food bill is for a month. It HAS to be huge!

The kids fight for the scraps.

Sounds nice in theory, but with the spread of the 3-4, there are other suitors for his services when you talk NT. And lest we forget, he is still a double team magnet for a 4-3 team looking to keep a smaller MLB clean. I'd rather see if BB can score a DT in the draft who can learn behind Wilfork.

Guys,I really can't believe we are even having this discussion.VW Came on STRONG last year.Finally looking like the DT we had been hoping for when we drafted the big fella.He needed some time.With Teddy back there in the middle there this year.We should see even more of a fire under his arse,Given the fact,Bruschi,Colvin,Vrabel, will really be are only given starters he knows that we have big play potential if he can hold down that line.

Ther are quite a few NT types in the draft this year. We can grab a guy in the 3-5 round and use him to give VW a few plays of.

We don't need to spend FA money on TW or Sam Adams. Although it would be kinda fun to see Sam Adams in a Patriot uniform like his dad.

Tantrix said:
Guys,I really can't believe we are even having this discussion.VW Came on STRONG last year.Finally looking like the DT we had been hoping for when we drafted the big fella.He needed some time.With Teddy back there in the middle there this year.We should see even more of a fire under his arse,Given the fact,Bruschi,Colvin,Vrabel, will really be are only given starters he knows that we have big play potential if he can hold down that line.

I don't think anyone is talking about replacing Wilfork but he does need someone to spell him at times. We really don't have a legit NT behind him on the depth chart right now. If you say Dan Klecko I'll reach through my monitor and slap you. :D

Like huskertalk said

I'd like to see TW as a backup. He might go for it as it might be his last chance for another ring before he retires. Of course TW has been around long enough to realize that it the end it's all about the moolah. Still being on a wicked loser like Oakland may change his mind. My prediction is that RAC brings him in to fill the role I described previously.

hwc said:
Guys:

dare ya to say that to his face

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey