Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Worth the 5th round pick?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we drafted this kid I assumed he was a sure-fire A+ punter, you'd have to be to even warrant a draft pick being used on your position.

I've not been impressed so far. Hasn't been horrible, but (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going off what I've seen, haven't broke down the stats) hasn't been fantastic either.
Are you related to iapatsfan?

I think that it is obvious that after 4 NFL punts the man is clearly a bust. Voted no.

So far I've liked his punts... that first punt at the Meadowlands was a beauty!!!!
52 yards from our own 42... I think the fair catch was at the 5 yard line and by the time ball got down to the Jets player we already had three guys there... unfortunately Arrington made a stupid mistake, but so far I'd say he has been performing pretty well... :rocker:

When we drafted this kid I assumed he was a sure-fire A+ punter, you'd have to be to even warrant a draft pick being used on your position.

I've not been impressed so far. Hasn't been horrible, but (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going off what I've seen, haven't broke down the stats) hasn't been fantastic either.

Pete ... you are never impressed with anything ... thus the name Pessimistic Pete.

The only Mesko question right now is he, as the holder, the problem with Gostowski... if so they need to do some hard work this week..

He may have been the one that was not paying attention to the clock last week when they got the penalty on the delay of the game..

Last edited:
Too bad readers can't add their own polls to a thread.

Is this thread worth the 2 minutes of my life I used to read it?

Yes
No

The only Mesko question right now is he, as the holder, the problem with Gostowski... if so they need to do some hard work this week..

He may have been the one that was not paying attention to the clock last week when they got the penalty on the delay of the game..

Spot on, we need to adress this ASAP... btw, is still Tom Brady the one in charge of the holding duties if Mesko could not do it due to injury?

After four punts, I can honestly say that Zoltan Mesko is, by far, the worst punter I have ever seen.

fail_thread.jpg

WONderfull!! :D

I would say it was a better use of draft picks than Derrick Burgess was? Just sayin'

This. Bruschi says the delay penalty was Mesko's fault, and after our probowl kicker goes 1/4, I wouldn't be surprised if the holds are off a little. As a punter, he's fine.

This. Bruschi says the delay penalty was Mesko's fault, and after our probowl kicker goes 1/4, I wouldn't be surprised if the holds are off a little. As a punter, he's fine.

Yeah it is interesting to me how mesko holds and how ingram snaps. Everyone gives BB credit for his ingram pick but i haven't heard anyone actually noticing his play (me included) maybe that means he is doing his job well i don't know.

And on mesko... give the kid some time ppl

:rofl:

This place is AWFUL, after a loss! JEEBUS!! :rofl:

I can only IMAGINE what it would've been like in 1992!! :eek:

You can well imagine. Heck, before this whole inter-tube thingee, the one constant on Monday's was a rise in sales at all the bars as fans drowned their sorrows after a Pats loss, or continued celebrating a Pats win.

you are oblivious to the fact that they tweaked his form......

Zoltan took 1 extra step while in college....... The Pats have revised that step.... and now he is taking one less.

I called the Hernandez and Zoltan pick at their respected locations.

I was on the clock:):):)

Zoltan will be fine.

Horrible waste of a draft pick. Look at the name!

He's not from around here! He has his own customs! Look at his craaaazzzzy passport!

At least he made the team.

Pessimistic Pete has to be a creation of Patsfans admin to incite heated debated or create discussion about topical items.

I can't fathom the thought process of someone who would create a thread 2 games into a career.

that first punt at the Meadowlands was a beauty!!!! 52 yards from our own 42... I think the fair catch was at the 5 yard line and by the time ball got down to the Jets player we already had three guys there... unfortunately Arrington made a stupid mistake

You know what the first thing I thought of when Arrington hit that guy?

52 Yard Punt - 15 Yard Penalty = Net 37 yards.

If it was Hanson back there that's exactly the same yardage he would get on a punt with no penalty.

Mesko so far has been really good with the limited opportunities he's had.

On a semi related note- That Woodhead guy sucks. Not ONE single TD yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back