PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Today Borges' Waterloo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The lack of disclosure as to his relationship with Brad Blank in today's piece now gives the Boston Globe management the legal right to can him for something more solid than his "opinions".

Should we all write to the Globe and complain??? Has the Boston media site said anything about it?? TOOOO good to be true to see him gone!! I wish it..but I agree it puts things in perspective...

I just read the article, do not see outrage, concern maybe, read more kudos for Brad Blank than anything negative about Bogus. Borges is one of those teflon guys, it will take a really major faux pas to get rid of him, if they didn't do so when he punched the old guy in MSG this will probably not do it either.

The irony is that it was a great article and well-written.

However, the financial/professional relationship of one of the protagonists with the writer not being disclosed is just plain wrong.

If Borges was a business journalist he'd be in deep legal trouble. Since he's a sportswriter, he may get away with it, but it's still wrong not to disclose something so key to situation to the reader.

Last edited:
Borges didn't reveal that Blank was also his agent because it would have chopped the legs right out from under the story. I mean, how do you impartially interview someone who works for you and wants to keep making money off of you? Sharing the facts about his relationship with Blank would have revealed the truth about this piece - it's little more than a smarmy, hand holding, tell-me-what-you-need-to-hear exercise in fradulent journalism.

The fact that it is presented as some kind of inside scoop is nauseating; that the Globe published it without demanding full disclosure from Borges is very disappointing.

Instead of handing the story to Jerome Solomon in the name of journalistic credibility, Borges greedily ran with the piece himself in a pathetic effort to maintain his "national football writer" reputation. Ugh......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back