PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was the crowd booing Bledsoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there when he got inducted into the the Pats hall of fame and the crowd had the same reaction. I was wondering what was going on until he spoke with a genuine sense of thankfulness, and then the "Drew" thing hit me, lol.

I never went to a game when he started, I guess I missed it back in the day.

So did the OP, evidently.

Geez, folks, there actually was a New England Patriots before TFB.

Last edited:
So did the OP, evidently.

Geez, folks, there actually was a New England Patriots before TFB.

Yeah, but I was 9 the last season Drew started. 21 now. That's my excuse anyway.

I was saying booo-urns.

I still love Drew might be my favorite pats QB although I still love Grogan. And yeah they were Dreeeeewing.

lol sure as hell did sound like booooo instead of drewwwwwww

No, they were yelling, "Dreeeewwwww" It also happens with Bruschi, when the crowd yells, "Bruuuuuuu." No worries!

So does poo! And for that matter shoe, goo, and blue.

I feel like I am on Sesame Street. Today's post was sponsored by the letter A.

Nice:). I had to explain this to a few people watching with me. I too used the Youk example.
Did the ninny announcers explain it to the t.v. audience or did they too think the crowd was booing Drew?

at first I thought the crowd was booing because Drew was there and brought his two best buddies ,Rucci and Lane, with him...then I realized that Rucci has been an MIA since 1993 and Max Lane is too friggin' clumsy to make it through the ticket gate entrance without getting pancaked by the 109 pound female attendant....it was then I realized everyone around me was Drewing....

Let me fix this for you

at first I thought the crowd was booing because Drew was there and brought his two best buddies ,Rucci and Lane, with him...then I realized that Rucci has been an MIA since 1993 and Max Lane thought he needed to work at the ticket gate entrance by assisting each person (especially opposing fans) to go through without any slowdown ....it was then I realized everyone around me was Drewing....

I know a father who refused to name his son anything with an "oo" sound to avoid the confusion when, inevitably, future sports fans would chant his name.

I still love Drew might be my favorite pats QB although I still love Grogan. And yeah they were Dreeeeewing.

Did you seriously just say you like Bledsoe and Grogan more than Brady?

I read every post in this thread and it was probably the first thread I've ever seen where I could easily classify EVERY poster's "time in service" as a Patriot fan.

Post's either feel clearly into two catagories: new fans (badwagoners or more likely younger <30 folks) and long-term "grey-beards" like myself.

The moment I heard the "dreeeeeeew-ing", I reflexively started Dreeeewing myself in my living room. It was like being sent back in time to the 1990's.

Did you seriously just say you like Bledsoe and Grogan more than Brady?

LOL Subconsciously he's not alone, although most of those fans are disgraced or retired (or both) mediots who valued sourcing over winning.

LOL Subconsciously he's not alone, although most of those fans are disgraced or retired (or both) mediots who valued sourcing over winning.

its not a subconcsious thing.......I remember being so fricking happy whenever the pats won a regular season game......the bottom is deep and the water is cold......

grogan endeared himself to many fans of the time.....he doesn't touch brady in terms of achievement, but to be critical this way is solely to be enamored with the end result after the fact.....in other words, you classified yourself as a band-wagoner, and if you're not, you're doing a good job to sound like one

its not a subconcsious thing.......I remember being so fricking happy whenever the pats won a regular season game......the bottom is deep and the water is cold......

grogan endeared himself to many fans of the time.....he doesn't touch brady in terms of achievement, but to be critical this way is solely to be enamored with the end result after the fact.....in other words, you classified yourself as a band-wagoner, and if you're not, you're doing a good job to sound like one

I remember that too, I was one of them, although my memories aren't revisionist about who or what he was, either. No, I didn't classify myself as anything other than rational. I loved Grogan for his toughness and tenacity. I had great hope for Drew but it never materialized in large part because of who he was as a QB. That said, if either of those guys remain a fans favorite Patriots QB after the last 11 seasons of Brady's career, those fans care less about the laundry and the organization succeeding than the indivdual player.

I dont remember fans ever yelling Drewwwwww back in his playing days. I also tried to forget those years though :)

It's the old Dreeeeewwww chant from back in the day. If he was being booed, he wouldn't have been smiling while the fans were doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back