Welcome to PatsFans.com

Was the Boston Tea Party an act of terrorism?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Pujo, May 24, 2006.

1. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just thinking...
  2. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

no...just saying
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You don't want to explain your answer?
  4. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Preaching to the choir.

Sam Adams, Paul Revere, and company fighting for freedom from an occupying force = a great disply of courage and heroism

Iraqis fighting for freedom from an occupying force = America hating scum.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'm against the war; but I don't think its quite fair to equate the USA to the Brittish in the 18th century. We do have a rather long reputation of willingly departing places when we're no longer welcome. Look at Puerto Rico, we 'conquered' them in the Spanish American war. Now every 10 years or so the US demands that the PR's hold a referendum on independence, and they keep voting to stay on as a 'vassal' state.

I also kinda figure that since it was tea that our guys took their aggressions out on, its moot. If OBL took 50,000 copies of that stupid disk AOL sends out to suck people in to their crappy internet service and blew them up on 9-11, people would look at him as a hero.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Very good points. Certainly there are massive differences between Samuel Adams and Osama Bin Laden, and I like where you drew the line.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The Tea Party,
    Good question Pujo, I'll have to go out in the yard and think about that for awhile.
  8. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +421 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

Simple answer: It depends on whose side you were on.
  9. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Question:

What does Osama Bin Laden have to do with Iraq?

10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I wasn't making a connection, I mentioned Osama because clearly he's been responsible for some acts of terrorism.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  11. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

We have a rich history of departing places when we're no longer welcome? Really? Cuba? The Philipines? Germany? Turkey? Every base we have in the middle east?

It's really unfair to equate Puerto Rico with Iraq. It's in Puerto Rico's best interest to remain a protectorate, or whatever the applicable legal definition is. They are fully US citizens, enjoying all the rights thereof, without the responsibility, ie taxes. Why in the name of Roberto Clemente would Puerto Rico ever wish to become a state, or wish to be fully independent? In fact, if I were President, one of my first orders of business would be to sever all ties to Puerto Rico. Furthermore, while I'm not one to revoke citizenship, any son or daughter of a Puerto Rican citizen would not automatically become a U.S. Citizen. Very few things anger me like having an entire nation of people who don't pay taxes coming over here strictly to collect welfare. And yes, that's a generalization, but that doesn't mean it's not true in large numbers.

And I can't blame them. If there was a country that would allow me to live there and pay me for doing nothing, I'd take them up on it as well.
    Last edited: May 25, 2006
  12. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

What I think is interesting how the Bristish claimed that the colonists were not playing by the rules with the tactics they used. THAT was one of the big things mentioned..and now, there are all kinds of words about what others do that are NOT by the rules...so I think it really depends on who what where.
  13. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Exactly who many people died buring the Boston Tea Party??

Terrorism is defined as using violence, or the fear thereof, to persuade the populace towards your political goal.

So the answer is NO, the Boston Tea Party was a form of civil disobediance, more in line with the actions of Dr. King in the 60s, but in no way, execpt in the distorted America hating liberal mind, could it be considered an act of terrorism.
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Would you consider it an act of terrorism if somebody drove a fertelizer truck into a warehouse, assuming there was only product and no people in the warehouse? Can't it still be terrorism based on destruction of property rather than violence against people?
    Last edited: May 25, 2006
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

He's a murdering f-cking piece of sh!t just like Saddam and his demented sons, Saddam went out on his deck, shot his gun in the air and screamed "PRAISE ALLAH" when tHE Osama Dog attacked America, they're all in bed together, THEY HATE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, THEY WANT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DEAD, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE INFEDELS.

Many right here in America secretly pray for another 9/11.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's likely that leaders in about 50 countries were happy that something bad happened to America. The fact that Saddam and Bin Laden are both vile scum is established, but it doesn't make them connected. I like both steak and ice cream, but that doesn't make the ice cream anything like the steak.