PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was the ball greased?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is different footballs for kicking, then the lack of gloss very well could have been because the "regular" ball is scuffed due to being in play.

No doubt that there is a difference but the official ball I have sitting right here does not look like that thing. It has never been thrown and stays under glass. Anybody else have one?

No doubt that there is a difference but the official ball I have sitting right here does not look like that thing. It has never been thrown and stays under glass. Anybody else have one?

is it a kicking ball? I seem to remember Peyton and Brady getting together and getting something changed concerning the football. What year is your official football?

Month or more ago, didn't we establish
that Brady and Manning had led a successful movement this season
to permit each team to play with official balls
"scuffed up" to their own wishes - by themselves ?

Y'know.. I saw the thread title, and thought instantly it was due for a merge with the other Romo threads, but I'm honestly curious to see the opinions on this.

In all honesty, now that you mention it, the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that first replay live was, 'wow, that's a shiny ball'. I'm not jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon here, but the shine on it did catch my eye as something out of the ordinary.

I said the same thing to my self.

Yeah, the whites in your shots seem overexposed, P-80... the white levels in the shots Predator posted that I merged, seem to match better. Different photo source I'm sure between yours and his.

is it a kicking ball? I seem to remember Peyton and Brady getting together and getting something changed concerning the football. What year is your official football?

My ball is the official 2006/2007 ball. It was a gift for Christmas so it is brand new.

My understanding of the kicking/gameball is that it is the same exact ball, except that the QBs may break in the gameballs as they see fit. They are not different types of balls.

The NFL conspiracy theory believers are going to love this.

Patriots win as we are all patriots post 9-11

Bucs win just to show all that even the worst team in history has a chance

Patriots win again as the war on terrorism continues

Cowboys lose, we can't let TO win

Now I don't believe any of the above, but I guarantee that someone will come up with the theory that the NFL is fixing these games.

Are the kicking balls held by the officials?

Maybe the ball is shiny due to High Def?

Come to think of it, Peyton's forehead also had an unusual glare.

Last edited:
The NFL conspiracy theory believers are going to love this.

Patriots win as we are all patriots post 9-11

Bucs win just to show all that even the worst team in history has a chance

Patriots win again as the war on terrorism continues

Cowboys lose, we can't let TO win

Now I don't believe any of the above, but I guarantee that someone will come up with the theory that the NFL is fixing these games.

TY for your input, but could you please at least explain the vast difference between the footballs instead of silly theories that are not being discussed in this thread.

If it really was that slick, or greased, the center should have said something to the ref

If it really was that slick, or greased, the center should have said something to the ref

please actaully read the thread before you post, that was answered a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back