PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was our offense that bad tonight that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
we are questioning no running game and bad playcalling by mcdaniels ? We scored 17 pts in 3 possesions in the first half ! We score 31 pts today with the missed moss PI. How can we still keep questioning this offensive game plan?
Had we run the ball in the 1st half and ended up in lost yardage we would all be screaming why not throw the ball because thats what worked for us in the past.
Our defense and ST on the onside kick made this a game lot closer and so did the other team which gets paid.
I will honest , i thought early 4th quarter we would lose the game but i wouldnt have blamed our lack of running game for it.
We dont have to run the ball if we feel like we can win throwing the ball 50 times. if the conditions are windy or the defense is playing the pass we run the ball like we did against the colts initially.
And finally, we used to win so many games like this 3-4 yrs ago, its just these blowouts have made our expectations higher.
Iam worried about the D but not the O.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Absolutely. The D frightened me tonight. I thought the offense was fine. Matt Light wasn't very good and there were some cases of dropsies yet again but I thought there was good play for the most part by Brady and lots of conversions. I am not saying the offense was spectacular tonight but all things considered they did enough to win. Meanwhile I thought the D was very poor tonight. And the people who said the D was suspect are probably right. The pass defending was terrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye