Welcome to PatsFans.com

Was it really a week ago today?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Tunescribe, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

I feel like I'm stuck in a time warp. Depression turned briefly to anger on Thursday. Friday I felt recovery slowly easing in. But last Sunday's game has been at the forefront of my mind all ... week ... long. :bricks:
  2. Smokeeye123

Smokeeye123 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm completely over it. The 2007 Pats, 2010 Bruins, and 2010 Celtics have conditioned me to accept crushing defeat within a few days.
  3. Sivy

Sivy Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Seems like forever ago to me, I honestly have only been thinking about next season. (when it comes to the nfl)
  4. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +818 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Not as bad as four years ago, but I figure it'll sting for quite some time. Regardless, I'm proud of this team and I think the Pats overachieved this season.
  5. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I'll say it again...

I think it was a bonus getting to The Dance this year...

I expect that next season is the Pats year...and maybe a couple after that also.....

This team is young and a FA signing or 2 with good drafting should put them over the top...:rocker:
  6. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Yeah it sucks that we lost. But even worse is that there is no football today...do we really have to sit through almost an entire baseball season before another football game is played?

In April my older son's flag football season is played on Sunday afternoons...guess that will be my fix for a couple of months!
  7. THELAWFIRM226

THELAWFIRM226 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hate to say it but I'm almost completely over it....I saw that sound effects clip on Tom Brady this morning and that got me a little riled up but I do feel a lot better. Not to mention spring training starts or has already started for some teams. GO SOX
  8. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +818 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Baseball just doesn't do it for me ... I hope the Bruins can pick up some steam and make a solid playoff run.
  9. pwes

pwes Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

Thinking about it now I'm actually surprised how much I have NOT been thinking about it. It feels like its been 2 months since that game. I was pretty upset until about tuesday night. Since then I've just been concernd with other things.
  10. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 3 / -8

#12 Jersey

I got better each day this week, and I'm looking ahead to baseball. I'll be going to a couple of spring training games in March which will help. But, I was irritated a lot by the Giants' continued yapping this week. I really think they have some classless punks on that team. Reading both Tom Curran's piece on Comcast and Rick Reilly's helped a lot. It just takes time.
  11. parthasas

parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

my 2nd day back to normal after the 5 stages of grieving

shock - denial - depression - anger - acceptance.

so, it still stings but I'm trying to move on :(

not tuning to any sports program in TV or in computer helps. The only place I hang out is this board. God I don't know what will I do without this place

A shout out to Ian for creating this wonderful place :rocker:

I know I need a life :eek: :D
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  12. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

Over it. Not worried about it..ready for draft and next season!
  13. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +192 / 46 / -20

#32 Jersey

Me either.

Its a tough time of the year.
  14. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +95 / 3 / -1

This is a very different experience for me from what I went through four years ago.

Then, I felt we lost on a fluke because a guy who never played another down in the NFL made a one in a million, magical catch. 19--0 and sports' history immortality lost...stuck on David Tyree's velcro helmet.

This time, I felt that, with the D holding the Giants to only 19 points, the O just didn't play well enough to win. The Giants made plays when they had to make them (recovering three of their own fumbles, the Manningham catch, etc.). Aside from 10 or so really good minutes between the 2nd and 3rd quarters the Pats couldn't make plays and couldn't get it done.
  15. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

Baseball is boring as hell
  16. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 16 / -18

starting ANY game, regular season or post season, with a godamned safety is RIDICULOUS...starting the Super Bowl with it leading to an IMMEDIATE nine point swing in favor of the opposition is PREPOSTEROUS.

No, I'm not 'effin over it.....
  17. patsinthesnow

patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 13 / -4

#87 Jersey

Still hurts, but getting over it. The only thing getting me by in the sports world has been watching LINSANITY's last few games. (ironic the NY Knicks are getting my mind off the superbowl)

Really though, an undrafted Asian American from Harvard tearing the NBA up, it's fun to see!
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  18. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The first Sunday after the Super Bowl always sucks, its an empty feeling whether they win or lose, that doesnt go away til the weather gets nice and draft day.
  19. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's been a painfully slow week. But I think avoiding ESPN and talk radio has helped with the recovery. I've also made these forums my only sounding board, since the staff does a great job of keeping trolls at bay for the most part, and it's really only fellow Patriots fans that will have anything to do with my misery. Everyone else it's always a mean-spirited "your team won 3 SB's so we don't feel sorry for you". Which, if you think about how it used to be as a Pats fan, is a decent compliment.
  20. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +818 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Agreed. But the pattern was true to form, starting out with at least a two-score deficit and then coming back. :rolleyes: Analyzing this game would drive anyone batty, I know it has me. When you have two teams as evenly matched as these, it all comes down to how the ball bounces (Giants recovering their own fumbles) and luck or the lack thereof (Welker's non-catch, Manningham's miracle catch). It's not like the Giants were dominant. The breaks just fell their way. Once again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.