Welcome to PatsFans.com

Was it Pepper Johnson...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mojocaster.com, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

... who hit a player from the opposing team on the sidelines?

I seem to remember a game - against the Steelers, maybe? - when the WR caught a pass and went on running for 20 yards or so, and got nailed by one of the coaches on the sidelines who raised an elbow. I think it was Pepper Johnson... anyone has a recollection of that incident?
  2. Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback Rookie

Ratings:
    +143 / 4 / -3

#37 Jersey

Ohio St coach Woody Hayes punched a Clemson player out of bounds and was fired because of it. Probably not what you're thinking of but similar situation.
  3. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

I remember something like this were two players were grpling out of bounds and a ne coach got into the mix, it was difficult to see wut wxacly happened there though
  4. JMarr

JMarr Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0

I'm old enough to remember this--a 60 or 70 something Woody Hayes punching out an opposing LB on the sidelines after the guy had intercepted Woody's QB and stepped out of bounds. Truly one of those defining moments when you see a sports legend who's always been a bit scary just go into full on dementia-ridden meltdown before your eyes. Don't think he ever coached another game after that.

As far as Pepper, I never heard about that, but I hope it's true. :p :rocker:
  5. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -3

Pepper Johnson did play at Ohio State ... though it must have been long after Woody Hayes and his three yards and a cloud of dust were gone.
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,817 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

If he did, I hope it WAS the Steelers and I hope it was Hines Ward. That would be awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.