PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was I the only one rooting for Indy yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
... I was SO looking forward to watching the Patriots (or any other team for that matter) dash the Colts in the playoffs, ensuring the Colts their spot in the record books next to the Yankees for all time greatest chokes.

It would have been great to see how they did with all that pressure on them - now, I think, a great many Colts players will breathe a secret sigh of relief to have the pressure of a perfect season ended and will be better able to focus on what should have been the real goal all along - winning the SB.

I was PLANNING on it. Was telling my father on the phone that the football gods themselves couldn't write me a better script than the undefeated Dolts getting their asses handed to them by the Patriots in the playoffs.

But once the game was on... I just couldn't do it. I really tried to, but apparently my hate for that team and their cro-magnon lookin' golden boy just runs too deep.

For me, I came into the game fully confident they would lose. I was estatic with the Chargers' early lead. But once the Colts started to come back, I thought of liking the idea, but I quickly dismissed it. Once the Colts won, the victory was short-lived and I kind of wanted was is said above. But again, my mind swapped, and I'm basking in the glory of Dolt gloom 'tis morning.

as much as i do not like manning's whinning ***** i was rooting for Colts. I simply do not want to see Chargers in playoffs. I would be more scared of them than Colts in one and out game. though they got that head coach.....

I cannot root for the Colts, the hate....it burns. I simply could no longer stomach the media tonguebath, the commentators, everything that a perfect regular season would have meant to the Colts. I was so happy to see them lose, so ridiculously happy.

As for a loss being good for them, yeah, well, that's how they will spin it. IMO, it is a bit of a momentum-killer to go out and try to win (and come on, no one will EVER convince me they didn't want to go 16-0. The players looked like the world had ended) and come up short in shocking fashion. You wanna tell me they are relieved the pressure is off? Oh please, the pressure is back and worse than ever. See, they aren't untouchable this year and someone just proved it. Think doubts about whether they are really any different this year haven't crept into their heads now? Fantastic, record breaking, glorious regular season...and then what?

I can actually watch NFL coverage again....a nice early Christmas present.

Last edited:
I understand the taught of beating them in the playoffs while them being undefeated is wishful thinking. But the reality is that all patriots fans (except you maybe) wanted them to loose one game in the regular season. Remember Pittsburg at the beginning of the season? Even thou they loose against us in the Playoffs they put the official 18 regular season winning streak in jeopardy.

Put it this way... they went 16-0 but loose to the Pats. Tagliabue and his mob arranges the sched for Indy to play us late in next season... with 3 wins they could break the official. Now the Dolts wont be able to do it.

Rooting for the Dolts is a Sin and you should repent for it!!!

San Diego flushed the blue toilet yesterday... hahahahaha...

Last edited:
Even though the streak was a great distraction for the Colts (whether they admit it or not), but I still didn't want them to even tie the Phins 14-0 record. We'd be hearing that from the pony fans for the next 10 years and then some. I was thrilled they lost and didn't beat the record regular season wins. The Patriots don't need charity. They can beat any team in the NFL. I'm not saying they will, but they definitely right now can.

I would have loved to beat a 16-0 Colt team. And I wish to never hear from the '72 Dolphins ever again.

But I can never root for the Colts.

Well, even though I didn't get my wish, I still very much enjoyed the sight of Peyton crying/whining as he left the field

I'm looking forward to seeing that again in a couple of weeks

No, you were not the only one. We were rooting for them, too.

Sincerely,

ABC
ESPN
FOX
CBS
Paul Tagliabue
NFL Officials

Michigan Dave said:

Sincerely,

ABC
ESPN
FOX
CBS
Paul Tagliabue
NFL Officials

hahahaha
There is no way that I wanted them to go undefeated... because there would then be the possibility that Peyton and Co. would be the ones we would see sipping champaign 20 years from now, and as much as I am sick of the dolphins doing it, nothing would be worse than seeing the colts in that position (that is all a big if they could have won out, which I dont think they will)

Michigan Dave said:

Sincerely,

ABC
ESPN
FOX
CBS
Paul Tagliabue
NFL Officials

Hahahaha, aint that the truth!!!

Q: Was I the only one rooting for Indy yesterday?
A: Yes, Yes you were.

I do believe in the saying " the enemy of my enemy is my friend". But, the Chargers are a long shot to make the playoffs even now. They would have to win out, KC & Den, and hope that Pitt loses one,Cleve & Det.

So, I was hoping that they beat the Colts, even predicted it.

Bella*chick said:
I cannot root for the Colts, the hate....it burns. I simply could no longer stomach the media tonguebath, the commentators, everything that a perfect regular season would have meant to the Colts. I was so happy to see them lose, so ridiculously happy.

As for a loss being good for them, yeah, well, that's how they will spin it. IMO, it is a bit of a momentum-killer to go out and try to win (and come on, no one will EVER convince me they didn't want to go 16-0. The players looked like the world had ended) and come up short in shocking fashion. You wanna tell me they are relieved the pressure is off? Oh please, the pressure is back and worse than ever. See, they aren't untouchable this year and someone just proved it. Think doubts about whether they are really any different this year haven't crept into their heads now? Fantastic, record breaking, glorious regular season...and then what?

I can actually watch NFL coverage again....a nice early Christmas present.

:agree:

I followed the game on the Indy Star game thread and between the early wretching, the recovering bravado once they began to show life and then the revisionist spinning after they lost the second half too.... They tried to put on a very brave and rational face but their team was devastated and the fans are battling waves of fear induced nausea. They lost at home in their all important home field pony dome and it shook them to the core. No wonder given the cake walk schedule they had faced up to now. I mean, they actually had players injured yesterday (oh the inhumanity). And they were not only shut out in the first half - they had NO OFFENSE. And Peyton got a taste of what Tom Brady faces almost every week - ouch. And though the Bolts tried to hand them the game half a dozen times and they just couldn't muster the will to take advantage of what Marty and Brees were predictably offering them. It was a thing of beauty! Those tortured Peyton faces were....priceless. :D

Now that the incentive has been taken out of his hands Dungy won't be able to resist his irresistable instinct to rest his team into rust, something that has generally been one facet of his playoff downfall. If they loose to the Seahawks next weekend it will be no big deal (for a coach and team or fanbase that has never understood the concept of peaking and being at your sharpest for the playoffs). Then they have the kind of inept competition they relish (Texans) lined up to give them their final playoff tuneup (LOL). And if they lose that one too it will just prove Jim Sorgi is no Peyton Manning.

Imperfection has certainly made watching NFL broadcasts more enjoyable for the Holiday's - well except for MNF tonight (another riviting Packers tilt - :eek: ).

Michigan Dave said:

Sincerely,

ABC
ESPN
FOX
CBS
Paul Tagliabue
NFL Officials
Well put Dave! :singing:
I'm glad SD gave them a whooping, Drew is a classy qb, much like our own Tommy boy!

I've been rooting against the Colts since they put 4 or 5 wins together. If they had gone 19 - 0, I could hear the media people dismissing the Patriots great multi-year run as second rate, in the 2000s, to the Colts. Screw that, and I hope the Colts lose out (well, Arizona...).

PATSNUTme said:
I do believe in the saying " the enemy of my enemy is my friend". But, the Chargers are a long shot to make the playoffs even now. They would have to win out, KC & Den, and hope that Pitt loses one,Cleve & Det.

So, I was hoping that they beat the Colts, even predicted it.

I am glad they lost too, Nut! I could not deal with the national coverage of the Colts anymore.....

This game gives BB a nice blueprint on how the Colts can be beaten this year and he has our game to show him what not to do.....it will be just like the Rams in 2001, lose in the regular season win in the postseason!

Bill's Girl said:
I am glad they lost too, Nut! I could not deal with the national coverage of the Colts anymore.....

This game gives BB a nice blueprint on how the Colts can be beaten this year and he has our game to show him what not to do.....it will be just like the Rams in 2001, lose in the regular season win in the postseason!

I'm sure coach Belichick will study that game film very well, if it comes to another Pats -Colts faceoff, and add a few twists of his own. Interesting that the Colts and Dungy will have the extra week this year to prep, something the media has always made a big deal about when Belichik has had it. Of course, it's probably warranted with the results the Patriots have had.

The bigger they are the harder they fall

I suppose its akin to the Red Sox beating the Yankees in 2004 - it would have been nice to sweep them, or win the series period, but there's just something so timeless to knowing that they are the first and only team to be up 3-0 and STILL lose.

Now every time someone is up 3-0 in a series, announcers will talk about how the Yankees choked.

In the same way it would have been nice to see Indy be the first team in the history of the NFL to choke in the playoffs after a perfect regular season, but I suppose I shouldn't be picky

Seeing them choke again this year in the playoffs will make me feel pretty good too

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes