PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Colts hit dirty too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anytime a player's helmet hits someone it's dirty? Should he have taken off his helmet as he was falling to the ground and before he made the sack?

No, but your stement, "Johnson was almost lying on the groung when we hit Garrard. And the only reason he got hurt was his ankle rolled under him." completely mischaracterized what happened. I am calling you on it. Perhaps you are trying to cover up what really happened out there. :D

No, but your stement, "Johnson was almost lying on the groung when we hit Garrard. And the only reason he got hurt was his ankle rolled under him." completely mischaracterized what happened. I am calling you on it. Perhaps you are trying to cover up what really happened out there. :D

How so? Johnson was almost lying on the ground, the only thing keeping him off it was his hand. He lurched forward, tries to grab both of Garrard's legs but Garrard managed to get one free and as Johnson tackles Garrard his ankle rolls under Johnson's body.

How did I mischaracterize?

What do you see when you watch that video that isn't him on the ground wrapping up his legs and Garrard rolling his ankle under him?

How so? Johnson was almost lying on the ground, the only thing keeping him off it was his hand. He lurched forward, tries to grab both of Garrard's legs but Garrard managed to get one free and as Johnson tackles Garrard his ankle rolls under Johnson's body.

How did I mischaracterize?

Maybe you need to rewatch the part of the play where Johnson was falling and his helmet and shoulder impacter Gerrard's knee as Gerrard was placing his weight on it.

Maybe you need to rewatch the part of the play where Johnson was falling and his helmet and shoulder impacter Gerrard's knee as Gerrard was placing his weight on it.

What exactly was he supposed to hit him with at that point? Was he supposed to do some sort of Matrix time slowing, spin in a break dancing windmill type move and use his belly to take him down?

I realize that many around here feel that the Colts players are super human, but they put one their pants one leg at a time. :eek: ;)

Seriously how was he supposed to tackle him or sis you expect him to pull up and not go for the sack?

What exactly was he supposed to hit him with at that point? Was he supposed to do some sort of Matrix time slowing, spin in a break dancing windmill type move and use his belly to take him down?

I realize that many around here feel that the Colts players are super human, but they put one their pants one leg at a time. :eek: ;)

Seriously how was he supposed to tackle him or sis you expect him to pull up and not go for the sack?

And how, exactly, is a 300+ lb man supposed to fall forward gracefully with people on his back? Were his fingertips supposed to support him?

I think the Colts hit was a perfectly clean play.

I think Wilfork has a problem. The arm angle of his elbow looked a bit odd.

The difference here is that the Colts guy was unavoidably falling into the QB. I think Vince was trying to take the QB down and knew he wasn't going to do it without extending a body part. He didn't mean to hit low, injure, or nail the knee, but as best I can tell he wanted to hit the guy.

To me, Vince's hit **LOOKS** a helluva lot worse than what the Colts player did. In fact, I have no idea what anybody on this board wants the Colts player to have done. It was totally unavoidable.

And yes, I'm a Pats fan. :D

How was this avoidable by the player who was falling?

And how, exactly, is a 300+ lb man supposed to fall forward gracefully with people on his back? Were his fingertips supposed to support him?

Are you trying to agree with me or disagree?

Are you trying to agree with me or disagree?

I'm simply pointing out that they both seem to be falling, you are defending the Colts. Now, I will not assume you were quick to call Wilfork dirty because I do not know. I'm just saying the argument is the same for both hits, they were both falling down. The difference is I want to see if Johnson gets fined. Remember, I didn't start this thread calling it a dirty play. I only asked if anyone else saw the similarity.

It is my understanding that the league definitely frowns on low hits on the QB - no matter what their origin, their intent, or their ending.

The present Commissioner, obviously intent on laying down the law, has already established precedent.

All that remains to be seen from this adventure is whether or not the rules apply....everywhere. And to everyone.

We shall see....

I'm almost there.. I just hate hypocrisy and back peddling. In football, and life in general. Colts fans are the most extreme hypocrites I think I have ever witnessed. And the media? Good lord, I've never seen such back peddling in my life. First we should be banned from football, now, we are the best. I take solace in the fact that I know Belly has a list, and all the butt kissers at the end will be shown the door.

Every game is a game of reckoning...you're right! But that's what's pushing & motivating us for every game, no matter how bad the team.

Like someone here said a while back...this was all part of Belichick's plan!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back