PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Colts hit dirty too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated several times now, I'm asking because I don't see the difference between that hit and the Wilfork hit!!!! The Colt player was being pushed down and so was Wilfork but Wilfork was fined, is he going to be to? Is that clear enough for you or shall I type it again?

Two differences. The main one is that elbow by Wilfork, whether intentional or to brace his fall, that caught Losman in the knee. Johnson's hit was a tackle trying to wrap up. Second, Johnson was basically flat to the ground already and tackled a moving quarterback in the only way he could grab him.

If Wilfork had not extended his elbow I don't think people would have even question if it could have been dirty. Johnson did nothing that was questionable. It is not like he dove at the dude's knees. He reached out and Garrard's ankle rolled under him as he was tackled.

Umm, the guy's helmet made contact with Gerrard's knee, for crying out loud.

So anytime a player's helmet hits someone it's dirty? Should he have taken off his helmet as he was falling to the ground and before he made the sack?

As I stated several times now, I'm asking because I don't see the difference between that hit and the Wilfork hit!!!! The Colt player was being pushed down and so was Wilfork but Wilfork was fined, is he going to be to? Is that clear enough for you or shall I type it again?

I think at this point, we know opposing fans are on an "anger" trip with the Pats. It's useless to counter their petty complaints with our own. Let the league handle the decisions and our players will handle the opposing fan anger!:D

I think at this point, we know opposing fans are on an "anger" trip with the Pats. It's useless to counter their petty complaints with our own. Let the league handle the decisions and our players will handle the opposing fan anger!:D

You know, I think you are right. I honestly wasn't even asking to be like the Colts fans and accuse other teams of being dirty, I truly did think they were one in the same. I just have to accept the facts that opposing teams fans will never get off the cheating crapper no matter how ignorant their arguments are, and we will be scrutinized and fined more than any other team.

I just have a question on the hit that took Garrard out of the game last night. I forget which Colt it was, but he clearly went right at his knees. It didn't look much different than the hit Wilfork laid (and honestly Wilforks didn't look as intentional). I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I honestly would like to know the difference in hits where Wilfork's was dirty and the Colts was not.

The Colts are incapable of dirty play. ;)

You know, I think you are right. I honestly wasn't even asking to be like the Colts fans and accuse other teams of being dirty, I truly did think they were one in the same. I just have to accept the facts that opposing teams fans will never get off the cheating crapper no matter how ignorant their arguments are, and we will be scrutinized and fined more than any other team.

You know TG, I'm starting to enjoy the anger aimed at our team. The fact that opposing fans are fuming with resentment toward the Pats gives me a lot of satisfaction because no matter how angry they get, there's nothing they can do to change things!

So if they want to wallow in their, "I hate the Patriots guts" and "I wish my team was as good as the Patriots" self-pity, GREAT! Meanwhile we're sitting here loving our team more than ever.:D

Is this directed towards me or to non Patriots fans in general?

You know TG, I'm starting to enjoy the anger aimed at our team. The fact that opposing fans are fuming with resentment toward the Pats gives me a lot of satisfaction because no matter how angry they get, there's nothing they can do to change things!

So if they want to wallow in their, "I hate the Patriots guts" and "I wish my team was as good as the Patriots" self-pity, GREAT! Meanwhile we're sitting here loving our team more than ever.:D

I'm almost there.. I just hate hypocrisy and back peddling. In football, and life in general. Colts fans are the most extreme hypocrites I think I have ever witnessed. And the media? Good lord, I've never seen such back peddling in my life. First we should be banned from football, now, we are the best. I take solace in the fact that I know Belly has a list, and all the butt kissers at the end will be shown the door.

quiet strength...
you know like diving at players knees quietly
that's class all the way

it's the new tackling technique in the nfl
no matter how big a guy is, if you dive into his shins with your shoulders he's going down

so you could hurdle the tackle, but that only exposes you to be hit high by their high flying speedy DBs
so you cover the ball, and hope your shins go up in the air and you land ok.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803892ae

It's about 50 seconds into the video. Honestly anyone comparing the two hits is out of their mind, and this is from someone who doesn't think Wilfork's intent was to injure.

Well I just watched it several times and I see them as being very much alike except that there were more bodies around the play. Both players were tripped/shoved as they were moving toward the QB and both made contact in the lower leg area. So the question to me is not so much was it dirty, as I don't think either was, it's more will the player be fined last night the same as Vince was on the Losman hit?

C'mon folks. There isn't anything even remotely dirty about that hit. I just watched it again, that's just a clean sack, wrapping up the ankles.

Well I just watched it several times and I see them as being very much alike except that there were more bodies around the play. Both players were tripped/shoved as they were moving toward the QB and both made contact in the lower leg area. So the question to me is not so much was it dirty, as I don't think either was, it's more will the player be fined last night the same as Vince was on the Losman hit?

Like I said earlier, I think this play is viewed differently because of the elbow factor in the first play. Another factor could be Losman was stationary and had just released the ball and Garrard was scrambling in the pocket and still had the ball.

we can argue clean or dirty all day but one thing better happen and thats a fine on Johnson.

we can argue clean or dirty all day but one thing better happen and thats a fine on Johnson.

That's really all I was wondering. I didn't even say it was cheap, the fine part was what I was wondering. I'm trying to get away from the Pats conspiracy crap, but when two hits are similar, and neither player has any history of playing dirty or cheap or being fined, it just makes me wonder is all. I'm just a girl who loves football, it's not like I've ever suited up and can say for a fact what is dirty and what is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back