PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Colts hit dirty too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommysgirl

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I just have a question on the hit that took Garrard out of the game last night. I forget which Colt it was, but he clearly went right at his knees. It didn't look much different than the hit Wilfork laid (and honestly Wilforks didn't look as intentional). I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I honestly would like to know the difference in hits where Wilfork's was dirty and the Colts was not.

I just have a question on the hit that took Garrard out of the game last night. I forget which Colt it was, but he clearly went right at his knees. It didn't look much different than the hit Wilfork laid (and honestly Wilforks didn't look as intentional). I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I honestly would like to know the difference in hits where Wilfork's was dirty and the Colts was not.

That was IMMEDIATELY my thought also while watching last night.

That was IMMEDIATELY my thought also while watching last night.

Thank you, I thought I was crazy. I'm not even an "I hate the Colts everything they do is wrong person", I respect them and think they are a great team. That hit to me though looked as dirty as they come and it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.

No I thought it should have been flagged too. He dove at the QB's knees and then it looked like he swung his hand to hit Garrard's ankle, too.

they did the same thing to byron leftwich, and kyle boller a year or two ago. They're not a big defense so they tackle low. maurice jones drew sprained his knee according to weei. thats just how they play. their d line coach teerlinck is known for teaching players to attack players knees in a attempt to injure. heres a peice from two years back after they took out byron leftwich.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2170066

Ex-NFL quarterback and current CBS analyst Boomer Esiason used an interview on Sirius NFL Radio to accuse Colts defensive line coach John Teerlinck of teaching dirty tactics, the Indianapolis Star said.

Asked about the confrontation Sunday between Teerlinck and Jacksonville quarterback Byron Leftwich, who twice made an obscene gesture at the Colts coach, Esiason asserted that Teerlinck has a reputation for instructing players to "dive at a quarterback's knees."

"[Teerlinck] teaches his guys techniques that really border on trying to get someone hurt and knock them out of the game," Esiason said. "I understand why Byron Leftwich did what he did. I don't condone that, but what I would have loved for him to do is just go up there and punch [Teerlinck] in the mouth." Leftwich declined to comment specifically about the incident after the game.

Teerlinck, a fourth-year coach with the Colts, has not made himself available to the media since similar allegations arose in the 1996 season when he was an assistant coach with the Detroit Lions, the Star said.

Last edited:
Surpise, surprise, somebody asked the folks on Indy's MB about it, of course, there was nothing wrong, perfectly legal hit.

I"m so glad someone brought this up. I was thinking the exact same thing last night when they showed the replay. If the NFL doesn't give this guy a 12,000 fine like Wilfork, I'm starting a petition!!!

terrible hit! but so what......the colts can do as they like.

No. No at all. Even as a former QB I can say no. Much different than the Kimo hit on Palmer. Every low hit is not dirty.

No. No at all. Even as a former QB I can say no. Much different than the Kimo hit on Palmer. Every low hit is not dirty.

But, did you think Wilfork's was? That's my question. It didn't look any better than Vince's and he was fined.

Is there any video? I tried youtube but no dice.

of course not. they are classy organization with a classy coach. :rolleyes:

even more proof of the nfl bias against the pats.

It must really sting when we continue to dominate even though they've done everything they possibly can to hurt this team.

Are you friggin' kidding me? Are you asking because you really thought it was dirty or because he got hurt? Johnson was almost lying on the groung when we hit Garrard. And the only reason he got hurt was his ankle rolled under him. Not even close to a cheap shot. BTW, he still had the football.

If that was one of the Pats player....no doubt they would say the Pats were classless and dirty in the headline news. And Goodnell probably will fine them...and then Peter King will bring it up on Sunday Night Football...

Are you friggin' kidding me? Are you asking because you really thought it was dirty or because he got hurt? Johnson was almost lying on the groung when we hit Garrard. And the only reason he got hurt was his ankle rolled under him. Not even close to a cheap shot. BTW, he still had the football.

As I stated several times now, I'm asking because I don't see the difference between that hit and the Wilfork hit!!!! The Colt player was being pushed down and so was Wilfork but Wilfork was fined, is he going to be to? Is that clear enough for you or shall I type it again?

Umm, the guy's helmet made contact with Gerrard's knee, for crying out loud.

Well, they had to do SOMETHING to get that game going, and ensure a win. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes