Welcome to PatsFans.com

Was Chad Scott Plan 'C'?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by QB12, Sep 18, 2006.

1. QB12

QB12 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +36 / 2 / -6

#12 Jersey

Hawkins was downgraded to 'out' Saturday night and I wonder whether Plan B was to use James Sanders in his place, but when Sanders went out after the first play or kickoff was Scott Plan C?

I like Chad Scott - remember he was the one that hit Bledsoe real hard on Bledsoe's first scramble in relief of TB in the AFC Championship Game of Jan. 2002. The lick he put on Cotchery's TD was somewhat similar, except Geno broke Cotchery's fall.

Having said that anyone know the status of either Sanders or Hawkins?

QB12

2. skri65

skri65 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not to say that you are bashing him (you even said you like him), but in general, this fan base is being way to harsh on Chad Scott. He had one bad game. Relax. If he has another 2 or 3 bad games, then it's time to question whether he should be out on the field. Until then, chill out.

I think he's a solid CB, who had a bad game and who is coming off that injury from last year. Let's see how he does next week.

3. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Even last week, when Sanders was healthy, Chad Scott was out there instead of Rodney for the 3rd down nickel package at SS next to Geno. Samuel, Hobbs, and Gay were at corner.

4. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +958 / 7 / -14

#75 Jersey

I think he's great depth. A big corner which we need and bigger than some otherback up safety options.

Why complain? He's pretty good for depth.

5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I heard Sanders got the wind knocked out of him, but I think you have a better chance winning on a scratch ticket than finding out his injury status.