PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was Brady-to-Moss the best Pats play EVER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
I guess history will judge it better than today, but IMO that play was one of the greatest I've seen in NFL history, just the impact it had on the record books and the game itself....not to mention that it was right after a botched long pass play.

BTW for those thinking of Adam's kicks, those were great but either he made it or he didn't - the TD throw was simply astonishing!

I guess history will judge it better than today, but IMO that play was one of the greatest I've seen in NFL history, just the impact it had on the record books and the game itself....not to mention that it was right after a botched long pass play.

BTW for those thinking of Adam's kicks, those were great but either he made it or he didn't - the TD throw was simply astonishing!

During this era it comes in at #2 on my list of plays that made me jump up and down the most.

#1 Ty Law INT TD in 2001 superbowl.
#2 Last night
#3 Brady to Brown in OT vs Miami in 2003.

AVs kicks were obviously huge, but none of them were as unexpected as the above 3. Perhaps the Oakland kick should be in there, but I was too exhausted to jump up and down at that point.

i agree that the pass was a moment that i will never forget, but i disagree with you and still put Number Four's kicks in the snow bowl and SB XXXVI ahead of it.

I tend to judge by replays, as in how many times I can watch it over and over again. I've watched that pass 20 times in a row, still gives me the chills!

i agree that the pass was a moment that i will never forget, but i disagree with you and still put Number Four's kicks in the snow bowl and SB XXXVI ahead of it.

I guess I don't consider a FG attempt a "play" in the true sense of the word. Definitely the best "moments" in Pats history though.

What last nights play meant to me was that it was a statement that "this is how great we are, and this is what we are going to do"

it was a Bradshaw to Stallworth or Montana to Rice moment, no less than that.

It signified that should the Patriots win it all, their dynasty at the very least equals the Steelers and 49ers dynasties, and at 19-0 they would be worthy of being called the greatest team ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes