PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was BB taking notes during Jersey vs. Dolphins tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really worried aside from our uncharacteristic lack of screens and draws, we'll get it together on O and the defense is beginning to gel nicely especially with Mayo's return

I think we may tend to complicate things rather than do simple things.. on both sides of the ball at the moment.

Of the 3 units, only really special teams has met what I was consider as acceptable for most of their performances.

The Dolphins offense looked spectacular against one of the league's best, most aggressive and exotic defenses. How? By reducing New Jersey to a READ AND REACT defense back on its heels because THE DEFENDERS DIDN'T KNOW WHERE THE BALL WAS GOING!

The Patriots are conventional and predictable on both sides of the ball and expect it to succeed via average to good talent and flawless execution. When execution lacks precision, predictability kills them. The Patriots need a dose of unconventionality on offense and defense. The question is, do they have the horses to make it happen? Probably not this year.

I'm waiting to see BB's reputation as an innovator write its next chapter.

In addition to losing a lot of good veteran players, the Patriots have

also lost their veteran coordinators and positional coaches. For the

most part, they have replaced the latter with college coaches and

assistant coaches/offense and assistant coaches/defense. These

coaches probably don't have enough experience to be great innovators.

I felt the Dolphins used the Jets' agressiveness against them. The Dolphins forced the Jets defenders to overpursue in the backfiled on running plays and screens.

I am convinced after last night that the loss of Welker in the first Jets/Pats match up was huge.

It was pretty easy, to be honest. I saw it when we played the Jets in Week 2 and have said time and time again on here their defense can be had. The Dolphins O-Line controlled the Jets' D-Line and used short, effective dump offs in the second level and the flats to burn the Jets blitzes. When that happened, the secondary cheated up to the LOS every passing play to the point that Henne was able to burn them deep. Also, another effective thing to do is to run RIGHT AT Kris Jenkins no matter how few yards you gain. Eventually, he will break down and you will gash them up the middle as he is either too tired to stop in, or is on the sidelines sucking wind.

I saw this when we played the Jets in Week 2 and was a major source of my frustration, and other's as well I'm sure. If we can see this, surely the Pats coaching staff can. I'm sure they were taking notes last night as the Jets defense got exposed to the entire league. You can tell by the look on Rex Ryan's face after the last TD that he knew it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes