Welcome to PatsFans.com

Was anyone even aware of this?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Run DMC, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Run DMC

Run DMC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/06/democrat-files.html
    I highly doubt it, thanks to our fascist media. Check the results of the poll to see how people in our country feel. Not suprising. And as I have been trying to tell this board since my 1st post, there is no difference between dems and repubs. It's all a sideshow. Dems voted against impeachment, of course.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. Phoxboro_Phil

Phoxboro_Phil Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, that is very old news, from a few days ago.

It was, for the most part, purely symbolic and done so that Kucinich could get it into the official congressional record, for historical purposes.

And, Dems know that if impeachment were brought forth, many of them could be implicated because they voted to authorize the attack on Iraq.

What I believe will happen, and it cant happen until after Bush is out of office, that he will be charged with murder, in one, or more, of the fifty states and arrest warrants will be issued.

Read more about this by googling, Vincent Buglosi and" Bush will be prosecuted for murder." This is a very legitimate possibility as every prosecutor in every one of the 50 states, will have legal authority to file the charges and have a warrant issued.

In addition, what also is a good possibility is the the International Court will charge him with Crimes against Humanity, and try him in absentia.

In either case, he must officially be out of office and that will happen on January 20, 2009.

I would love to see the police waiting at the bottom of the platform the moment that the new president says I Do, ready to pounce and slap the handcuffs on Bush.

3. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Look up Hegelian Dialectic... you'll find the answer if you look.

4. FootballYouBet

FootballYouBet On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I figured out long ago that the Democrat party was nothing more than a bunch of do nothing whiners and complainers. They constantly whine and spew a sometimes attractive populist message, and then once they score their political points they don't actual do anything. They took Congress by convincing people that they were going to end the war. Since they took Congress they've whined plenty more, but still voted for every bill regarding war funds etc... Now they're trying to convince you that when you elect them to the WH that they are going to end the war. I call BS on that one too, as Obama is already backtracking on the positions he held during the primarys.

In this particular case it would be the right thing for the Demos to pursue articles of impeachment. There is a basis for it, and I believe that it has wide public support. But the Demos won't, because they're a party of spineless handwringers who are concerned about nothing except scoring political points and winning the next election. In essence I agree with you that there is not much difference between Repub and Demos at this point. The Dems "act" like there is a difference but when it comes time to put up or shut up, they don't do anything.

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

In baseball parlance, this is: Dennis being Dennis.

This is as much about him, as it is about Bush. This is HIS OPUS, and in 30 days, when this expires because the rest of congress ignored it, he's gonna file it again, and again and again. Hell, he'll even try to find a way to keep filing after Bush leaves office. It makes him relevant, at least he thinks it does. It does get his name in shiny lights, and that good enuff for him.

I hate to deflate you semi-woody on this one Mossed, but Bush is riding into the sunset at this point, and he is not going to jail, or getting impeached, or any of that silly nonsense. He's just fading away, like they all do at this point in their presidency. Look to the future my friend.

...... and Phil, keep dreaming about the Buglosi angle, it's not happening. He hasn't been relevant as a judicial prosecutor in 35 years. It looks good in print when a layman reads it, but a real one wouldn't touch this case in a million years. Bookmark this post and we'll revisit it in a year or two. We'll wager on who's gonna be right. ;)

6. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Explain the basis, you know, for us stupid people. (don't parrot lefty smear sites either).

7. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is not an unbiased poll reflective of the population in general. It is a voluntary poll for those that feel strongly enough to vote about it. We did this dance a couple days ago with an msnbc poll, which msnbc was careful to state on their site was completely non-scientific, and had no basis in reality when matched up with properly conducted, non-biased polling. They even had a couple of recent examples to illustrate their point, one showing a 70% difference between the online survey and reality.

If you don't understand the difference between a properly run poll and an online survey I would suggest having a look at what they said:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3704453/

It will basically tell you the results of this poll are useless. Sorry to rain on your parade!

edit: Although to say something positive I will agree that there isn't a real huge difference between Republicans and Democrats.

8. FootballYouBet

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Stupid people? Did I call you stupid?

Lefty smear sites? That's a good one considering the fact that I'm a non-partisan and independent thinking old school conservative. Don't get me confused with the asslicking neoconservative partisan buttboys that carry the water for the Bush admininstraion or the new Republican party though. Being lumped in with that crowd is extemely offensive.

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +456 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

You forgot to say..."I figured out what MY opinion of democrats is...."

You are so full of "they, they, they's..." it really isn't pretty

This is a "we" country and dem vs rep is the same as tory vs wig. but in the end, we're all just as American as the "other" side

That goes for republicans too:D

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +456 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

It was not until the 1990's that Americans became so damn polarized along party lines. It used to be that both sides wanted their people to win, but we were never so dam angry and bitter over party platforms and philosophy.

We're all on the same side here. I said it once and I'll say it again, no party is more American than the other. That is a fact that can not be debated. Earlier someone posted that this is all in fun, but when I read some of the posts, I can't help feel there's as much anger & bitterness as there is "fun".

I think one of the issues here on an internet board is that there is no human element. We are discussing without acknowledging the fact that the "other" people are real, they aren't just words typed on a board. I think that's one of the downfalls of the age of the internet...it can separate us more than bring us together.

I'm sure FootballYouBet is a stand-up guy and I'm not picking on him, but all of us here INCLUDING myself. There are no communists or KKK members here. We're all probably average, decent American men & women.

am I wrong?

11. FootballYouBet

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No you're not wrong. So what? What is going on right now is a battle for America. As for some people not being more American than others I disagree. In my mind, those who do not support the ideas or the laws that America was founded on are LESS American, and are a threat to America, whether they be Republicans or Democrats. And I'm perfectly fine with judging who those people are. :D

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +456 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

AW-ITE!:cool:

Just keep in mind that most of us fall into the moderate group on both sides. I have yet to hear anyone call for communism or making Christianity our official religion, so I think everyone HERE is safe.

13. FootballYouBet

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The basis for it can be seen in the Senate report about the runup to the war. You know, the document that you're so fond of that shows that Bush lied? The way I see it, The Bush administration lieing about the reasons for war might not rise to the level of lieing about getting a blowjob, but it's pretty close. :p

14. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

You're coming unglued FootballyouBet

How very Un-independent conservative of you. :singing:

15. Run DMC

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

In reply to the the poster who stated that the dems are a bunch of do-nothing whiners, have you ever considered that there may be a method to this madness? Perhaps, their "do-nothingness" is by design? Go with that where you might. At a minimum, it shows that we do not live in anything resembling this so-called "democracy" we falsely believe we have. Wasn't the USA founded on the rebellion against "taxation without representation"? Can anyone honestly say we the people have representation in our present government? The answer for any sane and coherent citizen is a resounding, NO!

16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So in your world, we're moderates if we don't call for communism or for making Christianity the official religion?

So there are no other ways to be "liberals" or "conservatives"?

And why is it that you only say this stuff to people who mention "liberals", but I haven't yet seen you take someone to task for calling another poster a "neocon" say?

17. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We vote for the people in office, so that pretty much defines representation right there (hey, come to think of it, they even call one part the "House of Representatives" how about that!). The problem is we keep electing these people into office. Its not that we're not represented, its that we don't elect people that represent us well.

18. FootballYouBet

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Where is the evidence of me becoming unglued? If anyone has yet to bring forth a coherent point, it is you. Your posts are all rhetoric and no substance. Further, I fail to see how taking a logical look at the runup to the war based on the facts that have come out since is either un-independent or unconservative of me. In fact it is just the opposite. Apparently to you being a real conservative and being a real independent is about dismissing out of hand anything that makes Republicans look bad. Yeah that makes sense. Btw, I voted for Reagan, Bush I, Dole, & Bush II twice(regretfully). Based on the intellectual prowess of your posts, my guess is that you're still not old enough to vote.

19. Run DMC

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

What choices do we have for candidates, tweedledee or tweedledum, both bought and paid for by corporate/elite america? What choice? What representation? What a fukkn joke!

20. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Trust me, I not a Bush Fan either......... I just don't like him for different reasons then everyone else.

Here some RUN UP TO THE WAR EVIDENCE for you. It's raw data, and not fed through the "partisan" committee.