PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Was A.T.'s sack the best in Patriots history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I think the best sack was by Tippet back about 20 years ago. We were playing Pittsburgh. Tippet can around the RT side were there was a running back waiting to block him,Tippet literally picked the RB up of the ground and threw him into the steeler qb to disrupt the pass,then took down the both the rb and the qb. And i mean took them down hard. Yesterday Favre was running away when he was sacked not so in the Pitt game,it was head on.

Man this made me laugh! I'm going to have to find it on youtube or something to see if it could possibly be as wonderful as you describe it. :D

Thomas has become a legend with that sack. One of my favorite plays ever.
Other noteworthy plays:
11. Brady 26 for 28 against jags and the 2 incompletions were drops

IIRC, one of them wasn't a drop so much as uncalled DPI.

9. Welker anytime he has the ball

In particular: Welker going in reverse on Tim Dobbins.

Second best run move of the Brady era, after Brady faking out Brian Urlacher. :)

The only other one i can think of to compare it to was when Andre Tippett nailed Ken O'Brien so hard that O'Brien went to the sideline phone and was heard trying to order a pizza.

One of my favorites was back in the 1970's when Steve King nailed John Hadl of The Rams in the pit of his back and knocked Him out cold ! Half of the old stadium could see it coming and anticipated the hit..It was a thing of beauty !

I thought the 2004 Home Opener sack was by Harrison on the blitz? Do you recall the specifics?
I believe the sack you're referring to was actually by Willie McGinest, making for a long potential-game-tying field goal, which the Indy kicker (forget-his-name-lost-in-obscurity) proceed to miss, having kicked a google in a row.

In terms of pure aesthetic quality, I'd have to put it right at the top.

Exactly! This one was more about putting a smile on my face than being critically important. Seeing Lord Favre and a teammate both being essentially tied together, taken for a ride, and pitched off the dock by a Patriot using at most 5 fingers made it super memorable.

Not the best of all time, but a fun one was last year, to seal ther Colts game- Manning hit, fumbled, the ball was recovered by Colvin, who then spiked on their logo, you know, the helmet with the blue toilet seat.

Oh wait, that's not a toilet seat, it's a horseshoe.

:)

rotfl........:rofl:

My favorite is still the McGinest sack of Goober in the 2004 openner......

I have seen the Thomas sack at least 50 times so far...and I'm still laughing histerically every time I see it.

PS...Thanks to all the posters here who have brought back some great memories.....

I love this picture:
42355196.jpg

Poor Favre looks terrified.

I actually prefer this rendition. :D

Oops.jpg

The only other one i can think of to compare it to was when Andre Tippett nailed Ken O'Brien so hard that O'Brien went to the sideline phone and was heard trying to order a pizza.

Holy crap. He tried to order a pizza?

I believe the sack you're referring to was actually by Willie McGinest, making for a long potential-game-tying field goal, which the Indy kicker (forget-his-name-lost-in-obscurity) proceed to miss, having kicked a google in a row.

Not that it matters now, Vanderjagt was the guy I believe.

best in Patriots history

Surprised nobody mentioned Mo Lewis taking out Bledsoe

Personally, I have never seen a sack like this one. I said it as soon as I saw it: BEST. SACK. EVER.

best in Patriots history

Surprised nobody mentioned Mo Lewis taking out Bledsoe

That was not a sack, Bledsoe was running out of bounds and had gained yards.....

as far as i remember probably yes

a beauty to see it

grande Adalius Thomas !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back