PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warriors fans ask Patriots fans on how to cope with loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're an obviously disturbed, completely insane individual, Grid. Maybe THAT'S why I like you...

There were still times in 2011 where I would wake up in the morning and still not believe they lost to the ****in Giants in 07. It took a long time to get over it. I'm still not totally over it but I accept it as reality now lol

Malcolm Butler saved everyone. Brady's got that 4th ring. I don't think any future qb from here on out will get 4. I am satisfied with what this team has accomplished. 19-0 would have been the icing on the cake. All of Brady's super bowls were close games...he could have easily been 0-6. 4-2 is an awesome number.

Losing a Game 7 or SB sucks, but fans and team GMs need time to absorb the loss and not overreact to the situation. So many professional teams who fall one yard or one point short of a championship overreact during the offseason and think they need to sign sexy free agents. GSW is targeting Durant which on paper sounds great, but might screw up their flawless team chemistry. Durant is a great scorer, but I'm not sure he meshes well with GSW's passing system.

The Seahawks overreacted to their goal line gaffe of SB49 by going out and signing Jimmy Graham which made their team worse. Max Unger was a HUGE loss.

CSNNE just had a two-hour special about the '86 Celtics. I forgot what a great passing team that was. Just brilliant.

That game never bothered me as much as it bothered most Pats fans. After all, it is just a game. Sure, it was a real gut-wrenching loss, but there are much bigger problems in life.

I remember sitting at a bar a couple of weeks later and starting to talk about it with a friend, when a man I know gave me the shhhhhhhh and said, "we don't talk about that here." I thought that was a very childish attitude and told the man so as we continued on with our discussion.

I was also very disappointed with the group that I watched the game with. After the Pats took the lead late in the game they started hooting and hollering for Giants players to break their legs. I've never looked at those guys the same way.

That game never bothered me as much as it bothered most Pats fans. After all, it is just a game. Sure, it was a real gut-wrenching loss, but there are much bigger problems in life.

I remember sitting at a bar a couple of weeks later and starting to talk about it with a friend, when a man I know gave me the shhhhhhhh and said, "we don't talk about that here." I thought that was a very childish attitude and told the man so as we continued on with our discussion.

I was also very disappointed with the group that I watched the game with. After the Pats took the lead late in the game they started hooting and hollering for Giants players to break their legs. I've never looked at those guys the same way.
Introduce me to this group you're talking about they sound like a blast lol

Don't wish to rehash that terrible day in 2008, but that throw should never even had counted as Eli was technically "sacked" with 2 Pats defenders wrapped around him (whistle should have blown much earlier).

And don't even get me started on Asante Samuel dropping that interception thrown right into his hands. I kind of wonder how he feels about that now, cuz at the time he just seemed to shrug it off and laugh.

There was massive holding on that play. Two of the Giants OL had the Pats by the facemask!

There was massive holding on that play. Two of the Giants OL had the Pats by the facemask!

No way they're getting a call like that in that situation.

I thought that Rodney blew that play by reaching for the ball instead of pulling down the WR's arm as he was holding the ball against his helmet. It was a simple play to make.

There were still times in 2011 where I would wake up in the morning and still not believe they lost to the ****in Giants in 07. It took a long time to get over it. I'm still not totally over it but I accept it as reality now lol
I had a really bad feeling at halftime of SB 42. I never had a doubt that we would win the previous week against SD even though it was sloppy w/Brady throwing 3 INTs. But against the Giants it didn't feel right. I think what hurts the most is that we took the lead very late in the game, hope was restored and then shattered. Made it all the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing