Welcome to PatsFans.com

Warren vs. AIG

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Jan 9, 2013.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well, at least she's coming out swinging at the targets she said she would when she was running.

"Beginning in 2008, the federal government poured billions of dollars into AIG to save it from bankruptcy. AIG's reckless bets nearly crashed our entire economy. Taxpayers across this country saved AIG from ruin, and it would be outrageous for this company to turn around and sue the federal government because they think the deal wasn't generous enough," said Warren in a statement. "Even today, the government provides an ongoing, stealth bailout, propping up AIG with special tax breaks -- tax breaks that Congress should stop. AIG should thank American taxpayers for their help, not bite the hand that fed them for helping them out in a crisis."

Warren's outrage stood in contrast to the reaction from the White House, which declined to comment on the potential lawsuit Tuesday.

Elizabeth Warren Slams Possible AIG Lawsuit: 'It Would Be Outrageous'
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

FARK AIG!!!

That's all for now.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

This is an excellent way to show thanks to those that kept them from bankruptcy... a bunch of scum sucking bottom feeders..

[​IMG]
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

I'd say this represents common-ground for the left and right.

Yes, AIG is ungrateful scum and I wish we could have let them fail.
  5. Nunchucks

Nunchucks Rookie

Ratings:
    +184 / 8 / -8

AIG certainly knows how to rub the American people the wrong way. My Warren vote is already paying dividends.

Scott Brown would have told us how AIG has a legal right to look out for its shareholders.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  6. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

I dunno..what does this sound like?

lawyers.....that's what.......you know, the type that our country's leadership is mostly comprised of.

AIG paid interest on the bailout.....I'd bet the lawyer does have a point as to the constitutionality of the entire transaction.

Facing backlash, AIG won't join suit against U.S.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Lawyers always have a point, an angle, a justification, some codified gymnastics to whip out whenever they need one to counter the same offering from the opposition lawyer of prosecutor. It's a dance that involves the judge, the police and the "expert witnesses" who are usually nothing more than paid stooges of the lawyer.

This is an incredibly successful occupation that relies on the intentional vagueness of our laws and Constitution. Sometimes I imagine the authors of the Constitution laughing their arses off as they wrote it, drinking ales and smoking hemp pipes at Jefferson's house, imagining the fun lawyers of the future would have messing with and twisting it to suit the needs of their clients.

Combine these people with bankers and you get the ultimate example of corruption and intentional distortion of the truth. It's stunning and beautiful, sometimes, how they pull their game off. Makes you want to shower and scrub down afterward.
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +411 / 5 / -2

From the link it looks like this has something to do with shareholders. Without knowing the specifics of who's doing the actual suing, or what the intent of the suit is, it's impossible to really comment. Generally speaking, when one hears that a bailed out company is suing the government that bailed them out, against taxpayer wishes, it's hard to have any position other than a GFY one. Still, considering how the government totally forked over stock holders of GM, and the pensioners at Delphi with its bailout of GM, it's hard to say with certainty that this suit is certifiably without warrant. With the GM bailout, those two groups had a legimate gripe, if not the law on their sides. The devil is in the details as is usually the case. I don't know what the details are, and I'm guessing neither do most in here. On the surface though, GFY AIG. GFY Warren too, that absolute and complete extremist fraud hypocrite. Another lawyer if I might add.