PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warren Sapp announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really blew his wad in that one game this year... towards the end.

Jag's I think...

Wait, wasn't he supposed to do it a few years ago itself when he made pathetic remarks about the blocking abilities of our OL right before the SB and had the audacity to declare that he will quit football if they do well??

Pompous moron IMO.

Last edited:
A great career of a man who made any defense better on the Bucs and Raiders and has a Championship ring to show his hard work...and a funny guy as well

Definately a Hall Of Famer

http://www.theraidercast.com/2008/01/03/inside-the-oakland-raiders-sapp-makes-it-official/

I hope you are joking about the HOF thing. He is not even close. He is insanely overrated and had maybe three or four good to very good seasons. It was everybody else on the Bucs that made a great 11 man defense.

Sapp is absolutely a Hall of Famer. Consistent Pro Bowler, multiple time All-Pro, one time Defensive Player of the Year, best DT of his generation, SuperBowl champion. If he doesn't get in than who in the **** does on defense?

Sapp is absolutely a Hall of Famer. Consistent Pro Bowler, multiple time All-Pro, one time Defensive Player of the Year, best DT of his generation, SuperBowl champion. If he doesn't get in than who in the **** does on defense?

IMO, somebody who is not overrated. ;)

I think Ray Lewis is less overrated than Sapp, for instance. And god knows, Lewis is overrated.

Last edited:
Your crazy if you think Warren Sapp is not a hall-of-famer.

Your crazy if you think Warren Sapp is not a hall-of-famer.

Color me crazy. There are a lot of good football players out there.

I think you are crazy if you believe hype just because.

I have watched him play and he is useless against the double team. What more can you say about a DT? If he vanishes against the double team, he ain't worth a pile of poop in my book. And Belichick's.

Hall of fame a-hole maybe.

I still remember the story on EEI during the week leading up to SB38 (the week he ripped on Hochstein) of how he cursed out a WEEI producer for daring to walk up to him and ask him to come on the air for an interview... cursing out low level employees for doing their job... real class act.

Last edited:
Sapp had a few good years early in his career but the only reason anyone knows him is because of his mouth.

In my opinion he is not a HOF player.

Talk about a classless punk. Could never stand him.

Who was he disparaging in 2003? Gorin?

Sapp was fun to watch when he was younger. He had a motor that was going at full the entire game. His mouth ran his personality down but as a player he had a great run.

Last edited:
Sapp had a few good years early in his career but the only reason anyone knows him is because of his mouth.

QFT. He was a loudmouth asshat who did not deserve the hype he got every Sunday on pre game shows.

He will probably make the HoF, but ever since he made those comments about Hochstein, he has been a jizz-sucker in my book...
The only bad thing about it is, and I guarantee this, he is going to end up as the resident loudmouth on some pregame show and we are going to have to hear about his jizz-sucking opinions for the next five years.

For me, I can not forget, nor really forgive, Sapp's deliberate and sadistic facemask penalty on Jerry Rice, the one that shredded his knee--the first major injury in the great WR's career--and set him back one or two years. He was pretty loudly unrepentant about the injury, just as he was regarding the later serious pelvic injury he caused to Green Bay's Chad Clifton.

This has no real bearing on the HOF-discussion, of course, but I loathed this stuff, and am not sad to see him go.

For me, I can not forget, nor really forgive, Sapp's deliberate and sadistic facemask penalty on Jerry Rice, the one that shredded his knee--the first major injury in the great WR's career--and set him back one or two years. He was pretty loudly unrepentant about the injury, just as he was regarding the later serious pelvic injury he caused to Green Bay's Chad Clifton.
Yeah I remember being astounded by how remorseless he was after the Clifton injury... showed a complete lack of human decency. Couple that with his mouth the and stories of how he treats other people and you've got one Grade A PoS.

This has no real bearing on the HOF-discussion, of course, but I loathed this stuff, and am not sad to see him go.

Thank you for mentioning the Chad Clifton injury. The two of them were half a football field away from the ball. I don't remember if the Sap even received an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty.

Too bad he's not sticking around, to eff-up Oakland's defense for another year.

The only HOF to which the Sap should be elected is the A-Hole HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes