PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

..Warning from the Surgeon General..

bosfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
....Do not count your chickens before they are hatched....
I'm as psyched as anyone about our moves and looking forward to scoring again in the draft but just want to caution against thinking anything is in the bag. Have already seen some over the top optimism on the forum about us having a lock on the SB and of course the media is feeding that as well. Let's be real folks we still have to play one game at a time and stay reasonably healthy. Remember what the hall of famer Ali-G says - "Keep it real"....

I'm as psyched as anyone about our moves and looking forward to scoring again in the draft but just want to caution against thinking anything is in the bag. Have already seen some over the top optimism on the forum about us having a lock on the SB and of course the media is feeding that as well. Let's be real folks we still have to play one game at a time and stay reasonably healthy. Remember what the hall of famer Ali-G says - "Keep it real"....

if we think of how we did so well without "recognized" star power, you realize that you are right. the patriots' genius under belichick has been "making it happen" through meticulous preparation and execution. unless BB, Brady and Seymour have all parts of the operation working 100% in synch and with discipline, it will be a long season. i'm betting that they will do this and I am "cautiously optimistic" about next season. the last time i felt this way was right before th 04 season. i haven't felt it the last two years.

Thank you, Bill Belichick.

And you're right. Nothing has changed at this point but the paper on which the roster is printed. Lots to do and a draft to conduct before rookie and mini camps. All these feel-good acquisitions are great for the fans and the media, but the games to come are the true test of the quality of the 2007 team.

Last edited:
I thought when I saw this post, I thought maybee you ment that this offesne will be SMOKING......:eek:

This is why I don't believe that the FA signings are a sign that BB plans to pack it in. Too many things can happen in the course of a season that will prevent you from going to the Super Bowl. All a coach can do is put the team in a position to win. The other things (schedules, injuries etc.) you have no control over and no FA signing will guarantee a SB victory.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back