PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warner signs for 23M...19 guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Warner signs for 23 mil.....19 guaranteed

No, Warner had a hand injury and fumbled the ball like hansel dropped breadcrumbs. Same thing in NY. Looks like he got his hand healed up and is back to being a pretty good QB. Bulger, by the way, seems to have taken a giant dump on the field.

Admit it people, he's a good QB who makes good reads and gets rid of the ball quickly.

Not worth $12 million a year. No way.

I don't think Bulger is better. I think Bulger is awful. That's the point.

1.) Warner suffered a thumb injury and his hand's never been the same. However, he has started wearing a glove to help with the grip and it's made a big difference.

2.) Martz and Warner had a conflict in St. Louis, and Martz ran him out of town.

Did Warner kick your dog or something?

1.) Warner suffered a thumb injury and his hand's never been the same. However, he has started wearing a glove to help with the grip and it's made a big difference.

2.) Martz and Warner had a conflict in St. Louis, and Martz ran him out of town.

Did Warner kick your dog or something?

No, I'm just expressing my opinion that he's not worth $12 million, not in a million years he's not. But, if you're all for guys who miraculously resurrect their 5 year in the doldrums career once they start throwing to Larry Fitzgerald, be my guest.

Last edited:

In the Playoffs you are 0-0. They showed everyone that they were creditable opponent for the NFC. They beat the hot Falcons, they went on the road and beat the Panthers and defeated the Eagles. Bottom line, no other NFC team would have done as well against the Steelers. Let me remind you...Warner threw for over 377 yards against the NFL's top rated defense. Not too bad for someone who sucks. 4,588 yards and 30 TD on the season.

In the Playoffs you are 0-0. They showed everyone that they were creditable opponent for the NFC. They beat the hot Falcons, they went on the road and beat the Panthers and defeated the Eagles. Bottom line, no other NFC team would have done as well against the Steelers. Let me remind you...Warner threw for over 377 yards against the NFL's top rated defense. Not too bad for someone who sucks. 4,588 yards and 30 TD on the season.

You're the one who said they couldn't make the playoffs without him, now it's time for a topic change I guess.

The point I am making is that you said he sucks and is not worth the 12mil. The Cards made it to the SB with him as the QB. They are smarter than you in determining his value. Pay him 12mil and another chance at the SB or let Leinart start....your call. I like my chances with Warner.

No, I'm just expressing my opinion that he's not worth $12 million, not in a million years he's not. But, if you're all for guys who miraculously resurrect their 5 year in the doldrums career once they start throwing to Larry Fitzgerald, be my guest.

He's underpaid in this market, your opinion of his talents notwithstanding.

Not worth $12 million a year. No way.

Say they don't re-sign him. That would pretty much guarantee that the Cards don't make the playoffs next year. At least now they can remain competitive. And that's the going rate for decent/good QBs. They really didn't have much choice without overpaying for another QB who could *maybe* step in and keep it rolling. If they trade for Cassel, say, they lose a low first round draft pick (comparable to #34) and still have to pay the guy. This way the buy some time to get somebody else without giving up too much. It's only money.

It's a bad situation for the team born from the fact that there's no quality developmental QB on their roster to step in. They really didn't have any other choice than to pay the guy.

The point I am making is that you said he sucks and is not worth the 12mil. The Cards made it to the SB with him as the QB. They are smarter than you in determining his value. Pay him 12mil and another chance at the SB or let Leinart start....your call. I like my chances with Warner.

Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Rex Grossman, Jake Delhomme, also QBs who led their team to the Super Bowl.

On this very website, you can go back a couple years and read my draft posts that read: Leinhart is a bust ready to happen.

That doesn't mean Warner is worth $12 million. No way.

He's a little better than middling.

Say they don't re-sign him. That would pretty much guarantee that the Cards don't make the playoffs next year. At least now they can remain competitive. And that's the going rate for decent/good QBs. They really didn't have much choice without overpaying for another QB who could *maybe* step in and keep it rolling. If they trade for Cassel, say, they lose a low first round draft pick (comparable to #34) and still have to pay the guy. This way the buy some time to get somebody else without giving up too much. It's only money.

It's a bad situation for the team born from the fact that there's no quality developmental QB on their roster to step in. They really didn't have any other choice than to pay the guy.

I don't know what their cap situation is, but if I want to make a Super Bowl run, I'd rather take his $12 million, sign Kerry Collins or Jeff Garcia for $3 million, take the other $9 million and spend it on a top defender.

Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Rex Grossman, Jake Delhomme, also QBs who led their team to the Super Bowl.

On this very website, you can go back a couple years and read my draft posts that read: Leinhart is a bust ready to happen.

That doesn't mean Warner is worth $12 million. No way.

He's a little better than middling.

You're fixating on the dollar amount - it doesn't mean that's what he's worth on the market, only what he's worth to the Cards since they don't really have any other options. And it helps Bidwell get rid of the cheapskate image. And they get a decent veteran QB for it. What else were they going to do, start Leinart?

Edit: his leverage is that he could retire. The Cards would be screwed.

Last edited:

I don't know what their cap situation is, but if I want to make a Super Bowl run, I'd rather take his $12 million, sign Kerry Collins or Jeff Garcia for $3 million, take the other $9 million and spend it on a top defender.

Collins and Garcia took their teams to the Super Bowl last year, then? I could have sworn it was Warner doing it rather than them.

He's underpaid in this market, your opinion of his talents notwithstanding.

If he was underpaid he'd be getting paid more.

What are you basing this on?

Collins and Garcia took their teams to the Super Bowl last year, then? I could have sworn it was Warner doing it rather than them.

Just get a warm body there to throw it up to Fitzgerald, that's all.

Just get a warm body there to throw it up to Fitzgerald, that's all.

Again, which is why Leinhart was so successful.

If he was underpaid he'd be getting paid more.

What are you basing this on?

He made it public that he wanted to stay in Arizona, which lessened his value. However, given the contracts going to players like Canty and Haynesworth, Warner's contract is below market value.

Damn that's some serious dissing of Warner. He was an integral part of the Rams' SB runs of course. I don't like the guy much either but he's proven a boatload more than guys like Garcia or Collins over the course of his career.

He made it public that he wanted to stay in Arizona, which lessened his value. However, given the contracts going to players like Canty and Haynesworth, Warner's contract is below market value.

No, he didnt' want to move his family. If the Cards lowball him he retires a rich man with a super bowl ring. It didn't really lessen his value to the Cards at all, he had plenty of leverage.

No, he didnt' want to move his family. If the Cards lowball him he retires a rich man with a super bowl ring. It didn't really lessen his value to the Cards at all, he had plenty of leverage.

His leverage was so poor that he and his agent kept making opposing statements because the agent was trying to undo the damage Warner was causing to the bargaining position, and the agent had to get Warner to take a trip to San Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes