PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warner and McNabb: Hall of Fame??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
I say definately for Kurt Warner, the Curt Schilling of the NFL. Nearly 30,000 career passing yards, has had down years, but has bookended them with 3 trips to the Super Bowl with 2 franchises that had been total losers before him. He punched his ticket with that final drive.

McNabb? I think hes one solid year away, like Warner, close to 30,000 yards, has taken team to 5 Conference title games, threw for 375 yesterday. Had he won the game he'd be in i think.

Thoughts..comments....

Yes for both, at least when you think in terms of are they good enough to be considered HOF. Whether they get in or not I'm not sure.

Kurt will get in. It's hard to think that he won't. That was a hall of fame drive he engineered last night.

Warner is closer than McNabb. He has a ring and has led two different teams to the superbowl. He also has a fantastic personal story which makes a big difference when journalists are voting. The knock on him will be his lack of records (due to a lat starting career) and his tendency to get knocked out of games if his protection breaks down. He may get lucky and hit a slot where (apart from Favre) there won't be a lot of legendary QBs up for selection. If he retires this year or next, who else would he be competing with?

I like McNabb but I put him in the Phil Simms, Bledisloe, Boomer Esiason category. Very good players but not quite HoF level. Especially when he will have to compete with the likes of Manning and Brady. He has a tendency to make some great plays and some awful ones in the same game. If he wins a ring before he retires he might have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes