PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warfield signed for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Warfield signed for the vet minimums this year and next year. Not sure on the signing bonus. I am sure that Miguel or someone else who knows how to navigate the NFLPA.org site to the signings will be able to give that for us.

http://www.nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=26132

Sounds about like the Caldwell deal. Give us two good years, pump of your value for your next contract (of course that's better for Caldwell being being three years younger).

Whatever, they're both practically free being at vet minimum + a little bonus.

BelichickFan said:
Sounds about like the Caldwell deal. Give us two good years, pump of your value for your next contract (of course that's better for Caldwell being being three years younger).

Whatever, they're both practically free being at vet minimum + a little bonus.

WOW, good find DaB. Great risk for great $$$. Vet min is incredible. there goes another $300,000 off our cap. darn it.

I just added up all 5 CB. Hobbs, Samuel, Scott, Warfield, Gay will count for right around $3.5M this coming season. Add in Poteat, if we keep 6, and all our CB will count for something like $4M.

Wow! I never thought of that way BB fan.

I guess the question is Givens, who catches less than 60 passes a year = 5 CB. According to BB math, he doesn't, but Branch is proabably worth more (78 catches, 998 yards).

Last edited:
Branch is going to ask for about as much as Givens at least..unless hes smart enough to notice Givens was overpaid and that Patriots wont spend way too much for a player. Hes gotta think of a reaonsable, yet good salary that will keep him happy and Patriots organization happy about the deal and be friendly to our cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes