Welcome to PatsFans.com

War -----Patty Kennedy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Little by little a few of the old Bush hating war protesters are finally having the balls to speak up and remind their cowardly Obama groupie pals that the Bush wars are still going on, America's Poster Boy Messiah has done nothing and neither has The Obama left Wing Media in demanding that the wars end and that Gitmo should be closed this afternoon, look who had the balls to finally stand up to this Rotten President and his Ass Kissing Media, I'm shocked, none other than goofy Patrick Kennedy his old man must be spinning in his grave, Got Get Em Patches, Prince Obumbo is no different then Bush, The Hope'y Change'y Never Came, things are gettin worse, Troops Still Dying, Gitmo Still In Business, Country Being Bankrupted and a Stinking President who could care less what the people want.
    Patrick Kennedy: Media Doing "Despicable" Job Covering Afghanistan - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

It would have been way more effective if he hadn't been shouting and spitting all over himself and virtually incoherant.

I saw it on TV last night and my first thought was, "Oh jeez, he's drinking again," and it ticked me off because the quickest way to get taken un-seriously is to present yourself as out of control - and he appeared out of control. In fact, he had to be gaveled down in order to end his rant which really wasn't about Afghanistan but about media coverage of bad democrats. (I am assuming he had a personal agenda here even though he did not mention himself or his family.) I think he latched unto Afghanistan because it was convenient - not because he has any real feelings about it one way or the other. He wanted to slam the media for their coverage of congressional/senatorial mistakes - no more, no less. Like any politican, he saw an opening to present his own agenda and he took it.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

4. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you notice his pupils?...seemed way too dilated to be normal response to the lights.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Either way, he's right and he's not alone in his opinion. I don't buy opportunism as his motive, first of all he's stepping down anyway and it was the Dems who shuttled him out of rehab in the first place just to get his vote lol. That rant probably ended any political aspirations same as it did for Dean.

No hidden agenda or political opportunism there but that aside he's still right. There's NO coverage of these wars, NO coverage of our global military march. Nobody's talking about any of it but how many clips have we seen on Mr. Tickles. It's a travesty and the media should be called out for it, especially considering the amounts of airtime they give to crap and bullsh!t.

He was painful to watch tho and unfortunately people focus on that rather than what he said. It's about time someone publicly stood up and said what he did.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

And what talk station host gave Mr. Tickles a whole hour of air time as soon as he could???

And are not the right wing media people making a much bigger deal out of Mr. TIckles than, say, Huffington Post or MSNBC? (Not to say they aren't giving him coverage, too, but not as much.)

There were few reporters at the Kennedy screed, I agree....but that means there were no reporters from anywhere - mainstream, left AND right.

You can't just rail about "the media" and not wonder where your own people were.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Why would you even say that??? (Other than it suits your own little agenda.)

It was his idea to get out long enough to cast a vote for something he felt was important to him and to his constitutants and he returned to his facility as soon as he was done voting.

People get "passes" from rehab all the time....it's part of their program, in fact. It's meant to help them ease back into the world while they've still got a cushion and a strong support system to return to.

Rhode Island Democratic U.S. Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy left rehab for substance abuse Friday to cast a vote for historic cilmate change legislation that passed the House on a 219 to 212 vote.

Kennedy, who has been in rehab at an undisclosed medical facility, "was adamant" that he be allowed to vote on the legislation, said his spokeswoman, Kerrie Bennett. "The leadership needed him," Bennett said, a reference to the closeness of the vote.

The legislation is supported by President Obama, but some Democrats from coal-producing states did not support it. Both sides knew it would be a close vote, so Kennedy's presence was deemed important. He returned to rehab after the vote.

Congressman Kennedy Leaves Rehab To Vote On Climate Legislation | Rhode Island's NPR - WRNI
  8. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This is a partisan issue how exactly and where did I say it was? Don't put words in my mouth. Who exactly are "my own people" btw? This endless right/left bs gets so old.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Hey, you brought up the Democrats and and blamed them for Partick's break in rehab and Harry blamed everything squarely on "the liberal media."

I'm sorry if you're a Democrat and I attributed the wrong "people" to you. I get confused sometimes. My apologies if you're a solid liberal democrat that I mistook for something else.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

How much airtime did the Foley story get a couple of years ago? How about that wide stance dude too. Craig was it? He was in the news for weeks.

What a bumbling idiot Patches is. How do these people get elected?!? He sounded like he fell off the wagon. We get what we deserve in electing these people.
  11. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

This guy is paying attention:

Winslow T. Wheeler: This Pentagon Needs Watching
  12. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's a fact that the dems encouraged him out of rehab just to pass a vote and I brought that up to illustrate that his rave likely wasn't agenda-driven. Harry's remarks have nothing to do with mine. As to the rest, my "people" are of no consequence to this discussion related to the media being, at the very least, negligent. Partisan drivel is a waste as far as I'm concerned. I guess that answers it.
  13. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seriously this state needs to lose it's notion that anyone in the Kennedy family is an automatic asset.
  14. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He isn't from this state, he is from Rhode Island.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

ROFLMAO Well that answers the question "how do these people get elected," doesn't it?

I mean, if you don't even know what state a representative is from it's not a big leap to not knowing who you're voting for - or why.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +550 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

He is our official ... 'State Joke'.

What an honor it is to be known as the state who voted this dolt to USA Congress.
  17. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

he sounded like he fell off again, agree with his sentiment...F for delivery.

Always thought he was a pretty good senator, and one who knows his limits, by not running again..
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Forget the media, where's all the weeping and "bring the boys home" sh!t from the phony Bush Hating democrats and the world of liberals, a couple of years ago all we heard from the bastards was "stop the wars" "close Gitmo" nothing changed but now they are dead silent and the reason is they don't want to offend this lousy poster boy president of theirs, well it's not doing them any good Jug Ears is destroying himself anyway.

The anti war rats didn't care about the wars or the muslims in Gitmo all they cared about was "Get Bush"

The world of "the loving kind and caring liberal is full of sh!t" the world of the liberal is nothing but a world of "back stabbing phony do-gooder haters"

That Bush billboard was a joke when it came out but it gets less funny each day, remember it, "DO YOU MISS ME YET"
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

But Harry, that's what Pat's rant was about - he was using the war to make a point about the media....which is the worse kind of soapbox wailing and gnashing of teeth imaginable. Talk about despicable!!!

And, believe it or not, you come across as the same kind of rat....because you'll pick any old topic at all and use it to "Get Obama." You have become that which you profess to hate.
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Where have the war protesters gone Pelosi said she vomitted when she saw the Abba Dabba Prison Dog Leash Pictures (bush was president) where is this old phony hag today the dead bodies of young Americans are still coming home in flag draped caskets but all is silent on the Liberal Front.
    Kennedy is a whacked out dip sh!t but he's Right On The Money With This One.

Protect Beautiful Prince Obama At Any Cost
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010