Welcome to PatsFans.com

War, Now It's Ok

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

War:
    My favorite double standard subject, where have all the Phony Anti War Democrats gone, where are all those funny looking ass holes with their signs and toy drums that used to "march on washington" where are the Crocodile Tears from the Kind And Caring Hand Wringing Blubbering Liberals, where are the Hollywood Wife Swapping Sex Happy Pretty Perverts, where is their Hero that they used against the Hated Bush then dumped her like piece of smelly dog sh!t after they elected their "Beautiful Messiah" where is Cindy Sheehan.
    THESE ARE NOW "THE OBAMA WARS"

Is This Left Wing Paper Finally Waking Up:
    WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American
    covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/world/middleeast/09intel.html?_r=1&hp

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Make no mistake, Al Qaeda is still very operational and Obama seems to have gotten the memo very early on. I remember being pleasantly surprised when he kept on a lot of Bush security and defense leaders. It's been becoming clear why recently. Back then we had the "it's not a real threat, only a Bush scare tactic" people and we had the "no, it's real but Obama doesn't get it" people.

Another mirage has been that we've committed to coalitions regardless of cost. Well Pakistan and Yemen are clear examples that he's going to do whatever he thinks is best despite the rhetoric....and Harry while I think these wars are mostly footballs to play politics with, I do agree that there would have been a lot more push back if a republican followed the exact same course.

3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I agree, I think we should go after every dirty smelly slop hole in the middle east that wants to kill us, my gripe isn't really with Obama I hope he kills as many of the savage bastards that he can, 9/11 was proof enough for me that all of those dirty bastards are our enemy, they danced in the streets all over the world while they watched 3000 innocent human beings being roasted alive in new York City, MY GRIPE is with the Phony so called "War Protesters" they are all full of sh!t the same wars go on plus a couple more and those f-cking rat bastards are nowhere to be found.

John Fonda Kerry, The Women Abusing Kennedy's, The Hollywood Perverts, The BUSH HATERS of America etc etc, they were all on their soap boxes daily when Bush was running the wars where the hell are they now the same wars are with us, our troops are still dying, where are the hand wringing, sobbing liberals, how often do we hear "Foul Mouth Weasle Jon Stewart" complain now about war.

The Back Stabbing dirty f-cking left wing liberals have now turned on Israel, it wasn't long ago that the Left Wing Democrat was the greatest friend Israel had on this Planet then along came the Muslim's who hate America, now we have a whole new ball game, any enemy of America is a friend of the Liberals, Israel and it's people are in Grave Danger, it won't be long, Jesus Christ and Holy Sh!t, Israel better get it's Nukes ready.

KILL EM ALL BARACK AND YOU'LL GET MY VOTE

4. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Is this a serious post, or are you drunk again?

The anti-war movement is still quite active, and ever-more demonstrative. You can't just lazily pretend things "seem" hypocritical without quantifying anything whatsoever.

Harry, read this slowly: You have no idea what you're ever talking about. You post based solely on your partisan hatred. It's boring, and it's the reason half your thread starters go unanswered.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +400 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm not doubting what you say.

But, when was the last network or even cable news news report on this? It use to be a nightly occurance prior to January 2009.

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Links to these protest against Obama continuing the Bush policies in Iraq, his covert war in Yemen, his war against Quadafi, who hadn't attacked us (sorta like Saddam) and his expansion of the war in Afghanistan?

7. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

No problem, pumpkin:

Protesting Obama's Wars: Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya

Thousands Protest In D.C. For Withdrawal From Iraq, Afghanistan

Daniel Ellsberg Joins Peace Activists Risking Arrest at Protest Marking Iraq War Anniversary, Nader Calls for Impeachment of Obama

Require more? I got dozens of them.

Thread is a non-starter, and a wishful ploy to legitimize your team's insatiable appetite for bombing poor people who are brown and pray funny. Just because the latest corporate president continues the crusade doesn't mean you've scored ANY points against the anti-war movement as a whole.

Grow up.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Thanks for the limks they reenforce Harry's point that the MSM, holleywood and dems in congress don't care anymore. As you know Internation ANSWER is a fringe stalinist group. They are the only ones who care anymore.

9. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +400 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

All you did was post stuff from left wing sites. None of those were from a major network or major cable news outlet.

So I'll ask again:
    But, when was the last network or even cable news news report on this? It use to be a nightly occurance prior to January 2009.

This is important as the vast majority of people do not go to those sites. But most people will watch one of the major network news or major network cable news shows at one time or another.

10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a shame you can't even realize how much your own links support the point Harry Boy was making.

Where are your links from? ABCNews? CBSNews? Time Magazine? No. Your links are coming from blogs and YouTube.

That's the point!!

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +901 / 7 / -3

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by this. Air raiding villages was taboo in 2008, but now it's wicked pissah.

12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

13. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +400 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

But, when was the last network or even national cable news reported on this? It use to be a nightly occurance prior to January 2009.

Again those all appear to be local reports or blogs but never making it to the big show as they did prior to January 2009. And Cindy Sheehan has seemed to fall out of favor with the main stream national media since January of 2009.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Most of what I highlighted above was recent, not in the past.. guess you did not click.

First of all there is less going on, however did you see Restrepo?? Last week there was a similar situation in Afghanistan on Dateline... its out there, every week on some of the left wing sites there are lists of the servicemen who died the week before..

As pointed out previously, is that as a nation we get bored with all of this and an antiwar movements are difficult to sustain..

Just about every day there are articles in the Wa Po and NYT about drones, along with op eds on the whole matter.

During the Viet Nam cluster f..ck, the height of the movement occured in 1968-69, then it died for many reaons. The news kept reporting it as there was so much carnage and collateral damage, what partially influenced the end was the news of burning children..

FYI Fox News, Townhall, Hotair, Newsmax, Worldnet are more infatuated with the shortcomings of Obama, Weiners Weiner and Obama's Birth Certificate, than they are with what is going on in these endless wars..

It is what it is part xenophobia (it is ok to incur muslim collateral damage, the only good muslim is a dead one), part boredom and overall less news than there was when we invaded Iraq based on lies. BTW we are on schedule to pull out of Iraq by 31 December, so there is not buildup which causes concern. There was little outcry when it was reported that over 150K Iraqi women and children were killed as part of collateral damage, it seems as though as a society we accepted it.

The war in Afghanistan is considered a good war (there is an oxymoron for you).. the fiasco in Iraq less so as it was based on lies.. in reality no war is a good war, and all of our soldiers should be brought home to stop this drain on our economy..

This anti war movement never had much legs, from the onset it was a hodge podge of various movement converging that pushed many of us away.. no need to be involved with a group that wants to stop the war, insure LBGT rights and free Mumia Abu-Jamal at the same time. There was never any real fervor, and it failed to attract the youngsters... who usually have the most energy. Code Pink and others have been consistent, but they are usually labeled communists, described with misogynists slurs or some other such nonsense..

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Bullsh!t

Get Bush

Kiss Obama's Ass

Thats what it was all about.