Welcome to PatsFans.com

War and The Constitution Revisted

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Feb 21, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Some years ago ... in this forum I posed the question of should our Constitution be amended in regards to wars and the power to wage them.
    So ... I am thinking how I want to pose this thread and I come across Ron Paul from October 2002. I think his article is extremely relevant 7 years later.

So answer as you please ... to the Constitution being amended, to Ron Paul's article or both ...

Violating the Constitution With an Illegal War by Rep. Ron Paul

There's more ... I could have copied and pasted the entire article really as I had trouble deciding which section was more important than another ... every sentence was important in the article IMO.
  2. JMarr

JMarr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not a big Ron Paul fan, but thanks for posting this. Great find. The way our politicians are able to skirt accountablility, especially in something as important as the decision of whether to wage war, is disgusting.
  3. Triple-T

Triple-T Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Ron Paul nailed it (as he did on almost all subjects). Get congress to do their jobs and you don't need to amend the constitution.

Or thinking about it a bit more...amend the constitution in some way to make third parties more viable and fix congress. Our government regularly proves itself to be incompetent at best and a complete menace at worst.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

America's Left Wing Ruling Media, Colleges, Pelosi Gang, Hollywood, MTV, Kennedy Drunks, and Jon Stewart, below is what they live by:

Democrat Led War------Legal and Good, "God Bless America"

Republican Led War-----Illegal and Bad, "Bad America" Impeach President