WaPo's Sally Jenkins profile of Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
DeflateGate got Tom Brady mad, and the rest of the NFL is paying the price

Sally Jenkins shows once again that she's a fan.

"At the start of training camp last summer, wide receiver Julian Edelman told a local radio station, “You don’t want a mad Tom Brady, and he’s a little ticked off.” Less than two weeks ago Brady threw for four touchdowns in a 36-7 victory over the Miami Dolphins, yet still pounded the ground in frustration over a single missed third-down pass. His wife told Kraft that she woke up recently at 3:30 in the morning to find her husband studying film."​

This is what happens when a real journalist writes an article. Note how many people she sought out for input. We are inundated with lazy ignorant hacks, some of whom can turn a phrase (Shank) or do the work when they feel it supports their agenda going in (Borges). Most are prostitutes (Mort) or pure idiots (Volin). Thanks for posting this.

TB is just adding to his legend.

I had a chance to grab one years ago. Passed. Instant regret. Got a couple more autos though so sort of made up for it.

I had a chance to grab one years ago. Passed. Instant regret. Got a couple more autos though so sort of made up for it.

Yeah they're tough to come by. They hardly ever show up on ebay. I always wonder if Tom is one of the other 12 owners of this rookie card.

Anyways when you read the back of the card it's amazing to think that he hadn't played a snap as a starter and here are these glowing traits that would make you think he was a 1rst round pick destined to be a great qb.

The value of Brady shredding top NFL defenses to the tune of 20 TD's and 1 Juleception as well as leading his team to 7-0 behind a injured/rookie O line is unmeasurable.

And any judge who hears the current NFL appeal has to be thinking "what was this all about?"

Brady beat Roger off of the field and now he is killing him on the field.

The article is great, but this image says as much as the whole piece:

494868466.jpg

Yeah they're tough to come by. They hardly ever show up on ebay. I always wonder if Tom is one of the other 12 owners of this rookie card.

Anyways when you read the back of the card it's amazing to think that he hadn't played a snap as a starter and here are these glowing traits that would make you think he was a 1rst round pick destined to be a great qb.

To be fair out of the 1250, a good number were probably trashed and some others are owned by people who don't have graded cards. That means the claim of 12 is not exactly correct. But it is correct as of currently submitted cards.

To be fair out of the 1250, a good number were probably trashed and some others are owned by people who don't have graded cards. That means the claim of 12 is not exactly correct. But it is correct as of currently submitted cards.

Yeah I looked at the POP reports for both PSA and BGS and it looks like there are 404 grades for PSA and 845 grades for BGS. Of course there are some that were once graded PSA but then submitted to BGS for grading and are counted on both POP reports but overall, the majority of SP Authentic Rookies are accounted for. Of course, there could be a few more that slip into the BGS 10 POP, that's always a possibility but where it stands now, with the number being at 12, that to me is just the perfect number. :)

"He obsesses over his well-grooved throwing motion, to the point of vanity."

I actually smiled when I read this. I always imagined Brady during his rookie season in his little apartment and in front of his mirror stand, practicing his 5 step drops and throwing motion thousands of times, over and over and over again.

I've heard Jon Gruden say before that it's akin to a Tiger Woods golf swing and it is definitely a thing of beauty.

That is a great article, lots of anecdotes there I've never heard before. Should be required reading for this board. I dare say it was even inspirational.

Yeah I looked at the POP reports for both PSA and BGS and it looks like there are 404 grades for PSA and 845 grades for BGS. Of course there are some that were once graded PSA but then submitted to BGS for grading and are counted on both POP reports but overall, the majority of SP Authentic Rookies are accounted for. Of course, there could be a few more that slip into the BGS 10 POP, that's always a possibility but where it stands now, with the number being at 12, that to me is just the perfect number. :)

I pulled a Sp Authentic Dual auto A Rodger and A Smith RC back in '05. Didn't get it graded until a year ago lol. So I'm one of those people.

Yeah 12 is a good number for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing