PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wanted to Say Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystrymaster

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
So I have been here about two weeks now and I have to say I have enjoyed myself and for the most part have been greeted fairly well (Considering I am a Colt fan on a Pats board) and I just wanted to say, Good Luck.

I may not be around much this weekend but I wanted to say I hope everyone enjoys this game and realizes that we are watching a matchup that will go down in history as one of the great rivalries.

Good post. Best of luck to all the players' health post game. This is a great rivalry with truly great players about to compete.

Just wanted to say good luck and were all counting on our secondary making big plays against Manning.

Hey Ya..ahhhhh man I so want the Pats to beat the cra.....uhhhhh the Colts are wussi......uhhhh....lameas.......losers....uhhh...hope everyone stays healthy.....uhh yeah that....and the Pats beat the tar outta the Colts while they just happen to be at Lucas.......:D

So I have been here about two weeks now and I have to say I have enjoyed myself and for the most part have been greeted fairly well (Considering I am a Colt fan on a Pats board) and I just wanted to say, Good Luck.

I may not be around much this weekend but I wanted to say I hope everyone enjoys this game and realizes that we are watching a matchup that will go down in history as one of the great rivalries.

Pats/ Colts games are always exciting, can't wait for this one! Enjoy the game! Great avatar btw :) NPH is the best.

Hope you keep posting here afterward. You're one of the better "rival" fans on this forum. Take it easy, bud.

I've personally enjoyed your posts and agree with many of them. Except when they play us and insofar as they are a rival for NFL supremacy, I have great respect for the Colts and nothing against them. Hope we destroy them, but I know the feeling is mutual. :D

Good luck.

You are a classy, out-of-town guest poster, mystrymaster. I sincerely hope the Colts come out of the game healthy as I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Colts players that will take the field Sunday night. The rivalry is a fun one and is good for both of the fan bases.

Yes, we share your magnanimous tidings of true sportsmanship and overall goodwill. Here's hoping Peyton gets crushed in an avalanche of sacks and interceptions and Polian takes a swan dive out of the press box landing nose-first on the concourse below.

Good on ya, Mystrymaster. We've enjoyed having you here the past two weeks. Please come again anytime!

Hope you keep posting here afterward. You're one of the better "rival" fans on this forum. Take it easy, bud.

For sure............. Thanks for the kind words and good health to both teams and good luck for the Pats ;) .

Last edited:
Good game to Indy fans as well...

Saw the 08 result : a 3 pt Indy win. Wow, I had forgotten how close it was. Cassel and all... Is an indication of the "doesn't matter who's in, who's out" back and forth we've had with Indy for a decade. Maybe it's an indication that 6-2 or 8-0 matters little or that the Colt's secondary injuries woes will matter little.

Who knows ? But previous posters are right : classic 8-9 year run of great games.

Last edited:
Don't understand the term 'Good Luck' ...

What exactly does 'good luck' mean when luck has little to do with it?

I know it shows good sportsmanship ... but really ...

does anyone truly mean good luck I hope you win

or is it good luck trying to beat us ... :nono:.

If you win it will be good luck ... if we win we'll have played better. :confused:;):D

Last edited:
Saw the 08 result : a 3 pt Indy win. Wow, I had forgotten how close it was. Cassel and all... Is an indication of the "doesn't matter who's in, who's out" back and forth we've had with Indy for a decade. Maybe it's an indication that 6-2 or 8-0 matters little or that the Colt's secondary injuries woes will matter little.

Not sure how true it is, but I once heard that divisional games, even between teams that are mismatched on paper, are often close simply due to familiarity. Maybe the same rule applies here?

Last edited:

Thanks... Here's to an injury free game!

Most Patriot fans respect the Colts whether they admit it or not is another story.

Last edited:
Yes, we share your magnanimous tidings of true sportsmanship and overall goodwill. Here's hoping Peyton gets crushed in an avalanche of sacks and interceptions and Polian takes a swan dive out of the press box landing nose-first on the concourse below.

Lets not get TOO Syrupy now!! :D

Bahahahaahahaa

Thanks. No serious injuries to either side and a Pats victory is my hope!

You've been "greeted fairly well" because you are knowledgeable and polite. This Board has a tradition of welcoming oppo posters who meet those criteria, even when we disagree with them.

Hope to see you on Monday to take your lumps after we beat you Sunday nite!

Last edited:
And good health to the colts, and good luck after this week!

As far us all enjoying the game, I would greatly prefer that we enjoy the game a lot more than colt fans.

BTW, as others have said, there is much respect here for the colts, for Peyton Manning, and for the colt management (except for the hate for Polian). Of course, there are also many fans hate their rivals.

I expect that all three of us will be competing for the AFC title (the patriots, the colts and the steelers).

Good game to Indy fans as well...

Who knows ? But previous posters are right : classic 8-9 year run of great games.

Yeah I forgot how many Studs were in that 2003 game for both sides until I watched it again the other night. I also forgot how much I blocked Vandershank out of my head.

If you win it will be good luck ... if we win we'll have played better.
:confused:;):D

Ha ha ha, So true though isn't it, that is the rose colored glasses effect.

Not sure how true it is, but I once heard that divisional games, even between teams that are mismatched on paper, are often close simply due to familiarity. Maybe the same rule applies here?

I think it does. These teams know each other as if they were still in the old AFC East.

Thanks. No serious injuries to either side and a Pats victory is my hope!

You've been "greeted fairly well" because you are knowledgeable and polite. This Board has a tradition of welcoming oppo posters who meet those criteria, even when we disagree with them.

Hope to see you on Monday to take your lumps after we beat you Sunday nite!

I will be back on Monday, Hopefully no lumps are needed, for me anyway :)

And good health to the colts, and good luck after this week!

As far us all enjoying the game, I would greatly prefer that we enjoy the game a lot more than colt fans.

BTW, as others have said, there is much respect here for the colts, for Peyton Manning, and for the colt management (except for the hate for Polian). Of course, there are also many fans hate their rivals.

I expect that all three of us will be competing for the AFC title (the patriots, the colts and the steelers).

Yeah I can't remember where I heard the term but sports hate is there for the Pats, but right along with sports hate is Great respect.

If you win it will be good luck ... if we win we'll have played better. :confused:;):D

I can't remember the exact game but I believe it was NEP vs Buff in 01. I believe it was David Patten who made the catch but then got smacked and passed out. He happened to pass out in a way that allowed us to retain the ball. I'll take good luck! Whether it's a fumble that bounces the right way, a defender slips on a bad patch of turf, a tipped ball that happens to end up in the unsuspecting right hands......some good luck when two evenly matched teams are playing can mean the difference. Now whether they want you to have good luck when they say "good luck"? You're absolutely right about that......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes