PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WalterFootball.com Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having seena fair number of Alabama games the past 2 years, I don't think Ingram is a sure enough bet to be an impact back to merit a 1st round pick, even at 28.

This is true, Ingram ran behind a monster O-line all three years in college and he still managed to get dinged up quite a bit.

The lasting impression of Ingram is the Auburn game with three fumbles on a very big stage.

I'm not sure why so many people keep mocking us Mark Ingram. Frankly I just don't see the value there. We have two good RBs already and I'd agree that it would be wise to add at least one more for depth but a 1st round pick should be an every down player not someone who is going to be splitting carries with 2 other guys

honestly i used to say that.... and i can understand us not doing it... but seeing mendenhall run all over the jets. BJGE is great but limited and Woody is perfect for the role he is in. A truely talented RB will make the 2 TE sets even more dangerous and make bradys life a hell of a lot easier

I'm not sure why so many people keep mocking us Mark Ingram. Frankly I just don't see the value there. We have two good RBs already and I'd agree that it would be wise to add at least one more for depth but a 1st round pick should be an every down player not someone who is going to be splitting carries with 2 other guys

RB is more important than most other positions. A carry-splitter could still be pretty valuable.

This is true, Ingram ran behind a monster O-line all three years in college and he still managed to get dinged up quite a bit.

The lasting impression of Ingram is the Auburn game with three fumbles on a very big stage.

On the other hand, that sounds pretty persuasive.

I do hope Ingram does well, as the situation with his Dad has to be pretty upsetting.

honestly i used to say that.... and i can understand us not doing it... but seeing mendenhall run all over the jets. BJGE is great but limited and Woody is perfect for the role he is in. A truely talented RB will make the 2 TE sets even more dangerous and make bradys life a hell of a lot easier

Mendenhall dances like Maroney behind the line.

He did run all over the Jets but a lot had to do with the Steelers OL firing out and taking it to the Jets backers. The Jets linebackers are totally overrated.

Compare Mendenhall's #s to BjGE. Maroney had more ability than BJGE also, but both Mendenhall and Maroney don't have an ounce of BJGE's great vision.

Would Ingram fall to 17, let alone 28? I think Miami with their RBs leaving, they would love to take him.

I'd be doing back flies over the Randall Cobb pick. Versatile weapon who would flourish in the Pats system. Plus the dude is a gamer. Exudes the It Factor.

First Charles was the 10th pick in the 3rd rd, I was clammoring for him back then.....as we had the pick right there and traded it to SD for their #2 2 years ago(Butler?) and then used our other 2 3rds to pick ODonnell and Crable! UGG.

Ingram would be a definate improvement, running backs are supposed to have a "wiggle" to them to make guys miss. Not sure I can remember the last Patriot RB that had ANY kind of a "wiggle". I think Ingram would be good if he projects to a 3 down RB(LT, Charles, Sanders, Smith,etc) but not if he is simply a 2 down RB. I think a 3 down RB eliminates the need to carry both Faulk and Woodhead next year.

*ROFLMAO* And you wonder why people question you....

Woodhead has plenty of "wiggle".

Maroney had so much "wiggle" people called it dancing.

This idea that the Pats should eliminate Woodhead and Faulk, guys who excel as 3rd down RBs is just silliness..

Would Ingram fall to 17, let alone 28? I think Miami with their RBs leaving, they would love to take him.

True.. But Miami needs a QB before a RB..

Anybody have any idea why we didn't run against the Jets?

Seems that it comes down to:

Refusing to believe Jets gameplan. Bad plan on our part

No faith in BJGE/Woodhead

If the problem was BJGE/Woodhead (real or perceived) then a RB will be drafted earlier. If not then you can usually find RB's later at value.

Anybody have any idea why we didn't run against the Jets?

Seems that it comes down to:

Refusing to believe Jets gameplan. Bad plan on our part

No faith in BJGE/Woodhead

If the problem was BJGE/Woodhead (real or perceived) then a RB will be drafted earlier. If not then you can usually find RB's later at value.

I think it was more of a lack of faith in the O-line being able to run-block effectively. Something you fail to mention.

And that would lend itself to the idea that the Pats need to add more talent to the O-line. Particulary at RG, OT and center.

I think it was more of a lack of faith in the O-line being able to run-block effectively.
How can you tell whether it was a lack of faith of the Oline or RBs?

Last edited:
How can you tell whether it was a lack of faith of the Oline or RBs?

Good question.

Not saying it's not true but we did run more effectively this year than in previous years. Why the big realization our line can't handle it. It's much better than the Steeler's line.

Good question.

Not saying it's not true but we did run more effectively this year than in previous years. Why the big realization our line can't handle it. It's much better than the Steeler's line.
Yeah, that's why I have trouble buying the Oline is the problem. Who are all these studs Pittsburgh and Green Bay have in their Olines?

Yeah, that's why I have trouble buying the Oline is the problem. Who are all these studs Pittsburgh and Green Bay have in their Olines?

Please show me where the Packers have a good running game.. Or the Steelers for that matter????

Please show me where the Packers have a good running game.. Or the Steelers for that matter????
That's kind of the point. While NEs Oline and RB situations could definitely be upgraded, the real problem was NEs pass happy mentality. All they had to do was commit to the running game and they could have at least betean the Jets and probably the Steelers as well.

That's kind of the point. While NEs Oline and RB situations could definitely be upgraded, the real problem was NEs pass happy mentality. All they had to do was commit to the running game and they could have at least betean the Jets and probably the Steelers as well.

That's a huge assumption on your part. None of us can know what would have happened had they actually run the ball more. We can hope it would have led to beating the Jets, but there is no way of knowing for sure.

I think it was more of a lack of faith in the O-line being able to run-block effectively.

So they started out the game running the ball effectively, and then at some point, for some reason, decided they didn't have faith in the offensive line to run block effectively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes