PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walter to IR,Pats sign Sean Landetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home. Dont have time to read an entire thread. So....

Walter really hurt?

Landetta 80 years old?

Guss Scott cut along with Phinese?

WTF happened today.

O yea Brady snubbed!:mad:
Making room for Cowart or Ruff?

If Belichick is dusting cobwebs then let's give Ray Guy or Reggie Roby a call...I don't think they've cracked 60 yet.

Seriously ... Gostkowski is a good athlete...soccer and baseball .... I'm surprised he doesn't punt well enough to be the emergency punter.

Reggie Roby would be a tough one to bring in.............he's dead. He was a heck of a punter when he was with Miami tho.

Reggie Roby would be a tough one to bring in.............he's dead. He was a heck of a punter when he was with Miami tho.
Doesn't mean we couldn't sign him. What's another punter on IR to us?

R.I.P. Reggie:eek: ... just kidding ;) ... you were good when alive:cool: ... real good.

Why did we cut Feagles in 1988??? :bricks:

Who's to say that the new punter will hold too. Doesn't that give us the option of the fake punt if we have a real QB back there??
I don't think we'd fool them if both the QB and the punter came out to punt. On FG's, though. I've always wondered why QB's and WR's aren't the natural choices to hold since they're the hands guys.

In my mind, that's one thing to be said for Mr. Samardzija. . . . he does triple duty as a WR, a kick holder, and a deep safety.

According to Mike Reiss at the Boston Globe NO REPLACEMENT PUNTER HAS YET BEEN SIGNED.

WOW outstanding news the "Punter" is gone. Woooooooooohoooooooooooooo!

According to Mike Reiss at the Boston Globe NO REPLACEMENT PUNTER HAS YET BEEN SIGNED.
And, FTR, Adam Shefter did NOT say Landetta was signed, just that he was "brought in".

We have a holder on the roster ... 2 of them...Troy and Vrabel...:p

Wow this team once again needs a ton of work this offseason.

WCVB's Mike Lynch reports at 11:25 P.M. Tues. that the "65 year old" Landetta was in Foxborough today for a tryout, and that Walter's placement on IR was due to a foot injury.

It's funny to realize that Landetta was with the Giants when Belichick was Parcells' Defensive Coordinatoar there :D
I thought he was the punter when Tom Landry played DB there. :confused:

Those of you ragging on Walter - your ignorance is showing. Walter may leave much to be desired as punter, but he was brought in for his gift - yep, GIFT - as a holder, and that is of great value, especially with a rookie K headed to the playoffs. All who ragged on him from the get-go, careful what you wish for. This is that big a deal, but it is NOT a blessing.

Good Christ, what team puts TWO punters on IR in the same season?!

Those of you ragging on Walter - your ignorance is showing. Walter may leave much to be desired as punter, but he was brought in for his gift - yep, GIFT - as a holder, and that is of great value, especially with a rookie K headed to the playoffs. All who ragged on him from the get-go, careful what you wish for. This is that big a deal, but it is NOT a blessing.

Try lightening up.

LMFAO, now I've heard it all. A gift. A gift. Oh my God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back