PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walter to IR,Pats sign Sean Landetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't really make sense. He was doing fine.

Is "doing fine" some lingo you kids are using today for playing really sucky? Like when "bad" is actually "good"?

Is "doing fine" some lingo you kids are using today for playing really sucky? Like when "bad" is actually "good"?
LMAO, Walter had a couple of good placement punts but was simply awful. Even punts from the 50 were sometimes returnable line drives.

PUKE.

Baugher reportedly had a strong leg, but given the advantage of Miller's directional and touch kicking there may be a reason Baugher remains on the Practice Squad.

When was the last time Vinnie held for a kicker? That is if some of the more brilliant theorists hereabouts can spare him from the sideline tactical sessions.

He is averaging about 37 yards a punt which is by no means great but I don't think it warrants some of the strong negative reactions people have on this forum. He's a replacement punter. He's not going to be anything spectacular. This is to be expected.

The reason I said this doesn't make sense is because the last game was Walter's best where he averaged about 40 yards a punt. So if Belichick was going to get rid of him as some people are suggesting then the timing just doesn't seem to make sense.

Just pointing out the obvious, but there's no way Vinnie holds. As the third QB, if he were to enter the game at any time before the fourth quarter, no other quarterback can re-enter the game.

I also find it hard to believe that in five seasons of backing-up at USC, Matt Cassel did not develop legitimate holding skills.

EDIT: Or "totally bad skillz" as the kids these days are saying. :rolleyes:

According to Reiss Landetta was in for a tryout NOT signed...

Actually it sucks. The 32nd punter in the league (that's LAST) is averaging 40.5 :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=punt&pos=off&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

I'm not seeing three yards as a hige difference. I'm not saying it's been good because it hasn't been. But when you need someone in the middle of the season, who else are you going to get? If there was someone better he would have been brought in. Walter's punting has been sufficed, considering the circumstances.

I'm not seeing three yards as a hige difference.
That's three yards from the WORST punter in the league. The average punter was 7 yards better than Kenny. Per punt. 5 punts a game, that's 35 yards from from the average punter.

That's three yards from the WORST punter in the league. The average punter was 7 yards better than Kenny. Per punt. 5 punts a game, that's 35 yards from from the average punter.

Well if you know where to get a league leading punter then sign me up.

Holy IR batman! You have got to be kidding me!

Yes I agree. Couldn't Cassel be the holder now? Who's to say that the new punter will hold too. Doesn't that give us the option of the fake punt if we have a real QB back there??

Hopefully Willfork, LoMo, and Watson will all be back this week and the lack of a punter will not become a factor.

And for the record I liked Walter.

If Belichick is dusting cobwebs then let's give Ray Guy or Reggie Roby a call...I don't think they've cracked 60 yet.

Seriously ... Gostkowski is a good athlete...soccer and baseball .... I'm surprised he doesn't punt well enough to be the emergency punter.

Just pointing out the obvious, but there's no way Vinnie holds. As the third QB, if he were to enter the game at any time before the fourth quarter, no other quarterback can re-enter the game.

I also find it hard to believe that in five seasons of backing-up at USC, Matt Cassel did not develop legitimate holding skills.

EDIT: Or "totally bad skillz" as the kids these days are saying. :rolleyes:

Well he could but he'd just lose his active roster exemption, assuming Cassell is still the 2nd string QB.

The simple way around that would be to make Cassell the third string QB, which really shouldn't be a big deal - though I have no real opinion on whether Vinnie should be holding.

In 2003 they tried Tom Brady out at punter. He said his first kick the ball went about ten yards.

Well he could but he'd just lose his active roster exemption, assuming Cassell is still the 2nd string QB.

The simple way around that would be to make Cassell the third string QB, which really shouldn't be a big deal - though I have no real opinion on whether Vinnie should be holding.
Vinnie knows as much about running that offense as we do.

Well if you know where to get a league leading punter then sign me up.
I bet whoever we have punting the next 2-6 weeks has a better average than Kenny.

Admittedly Walter's punting for distance wasn't great, but his hang time was excellent, making for very good coverage. Also he was very good at not having touchbacks. Thought he did very well, all things considered.

Also he was very good at not having touchbacks.
LOL, that's because any punt that he could punt into the end zone would be a FG attempt.

Just got home. Dont have time to read an entire thread. So....

Walter really hurt?

Landetta 80 years old?

Guss Scott cut along with Phinese?

WTF happened today.

O yea Brady snubbed!:mad:

Freaking Landeta?

Wow...two punters on I.R. That has to be some sort of NFL record there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes