PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walsh's Times interview [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another interview with Walsh from the Hartford Courant:

http://www.courant.com/sports/football/patriots/hc-walsh0516.artmay16,0,1504193.story

There's not a whole lot new there, but it does put Walsh's inflated sense of importance on display. His long-winded story about avoiding Kraft and his feeling the need to keep a low profile at the Super Bowl are good examples of this.

One Q & A jumped out at me:

DH (interviewer): Do you think some people have lost sight of the fact that Bill Belichick was caught and reprimanded for doing something illegal, not Matt Walsh?

MW: Yeah, completely. I never did anything along these lines that I wasn't told to do. The biggest thing was maybe people got confused at first or believed what they read when coach Belichick said we just misinterpreted the rules.

1. "Illegal?" What laws were broken here?

2. Has anyone tried to shift blame from the Patriots to Walsh? Not that I've seen.

3. Using "we" when referring to the Patriots. Walsh hasn't worked there for 6 years. Let it go.

His complaining about the negative aspects of all the attention doesn't ring true. He's in his current situation because he wants to be. He could have kept silent, or come forward in September, or dispelled the walk through myth in February, but he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back