PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walsh's attorney: NFL's indemnification offer falls short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know enough to recognize that we have a long waysssssssss to go before FRE 12 (b)(6) would be of concern, to me at least.

xoxohth

Do you actually know what it says? And why it's of immediate concern?

Last edited:
Walsh could make up anything. He could say that UFOs offered Brady some kind of Martian artifact that would weaken everyone he played against and turned him into a superhuman. He could say that Belichick has a standing agreement with the ghost of Elvis, Satan, and the Loch Ness Monster to film everything an opposing team does. It doesn't matter. He could be pulling things out of his ass. But the media will take these things as the God's honest truth and forever ruin it for all of us.

His motive would be?

Facetime? Money? I can imagine a million different things. We've all wanted to see our names in lights. This is Walsh's time. Maybe he has a vendetta against the Patriots. I don't claim to know him personally, but his career path seems strange and it would seem he was let go for a reason. I can imagine myself telling falsehoods in such a setting as an act of revenge, but I also don't claim to be perfect. Maybe Walsh is?

The more Walsh drags this out ,the less I beleive he has anything tangable. He keeps stalling for time.

I agree with you ... bunch of B.S.

Yeah, Kraft, Belichich et al have nuttin to worry about. You heard it in their media conference, right?

Opps, TBD.

:)

Can anyone tell me what the creep's purpose is here? Any reason it should be allowed to stay?

Stop quizzing Amber on the law. It is apparent she got her legal knowledge from television and her Reading Is Fundamental subscription has lapsed.

You are relying on Specter, baseless claims by Walsh, and your belief that all complaints filed in federal court are meritorious and grounds for fear? You must make your class at Mensa proud! I hope you are not typical of the Pennsylvania school system.

Walsh's motive to lie might have something to do with the fact he got fired from the Patriots organization, clearly because he was a major player in the conspiracy and they wanted him rolling free as a liability.

And FRCP 12(b)(6), as Bella*Chick so aptly points out, applies to cases like the kid suing McDonald's for making her fat after she sucked down three meals a day there. And you can also look at FRCP 9 for pleading fraud claims. It sounds like a little extra reading might do you some good.

Last edited:
Re: Walsh Lawyer:protect My client

I don't know about any of that other stuff, but the "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" doctrine is a search and seizure principal used in criminal cases and involving agents of the government. Unless the FBI illegally seized the tapes and used them to prosecute Walsh, it wouldn't apply. :)

See! Come! Join in! *Anyone* can play the Internet lawyer Game!

Last edited:
Because I know what is coming for the league? It's not pretty.

But if you want me to leave, just say so. Of course, you have to do it nicely.

...Jack Nicholson eat your heart out

I don't have to ask you. You can just be banned. Poof, buh-bye loser.

See! Come! Join in! *Anyone* can play the Internet lawyer Game!

Fruit of the Poisonous Tree is a Search and Seizure thing, not necessarily a Lawyer thing. Cops are well aware of as well, of course.

I think you have to question a person's motives and intentions if after they are granted indemity, the individual wants further protection just in case they lie. Secondly, if a person's going to vouch for another's credibility, then the individual shouldn't be surprised if their background is checked out.

He expects immunity from everything even if he's proven to be lying :confused::confused:

Wow

Jerk thinks he is playing poker.

This may sound crazy, but...
I'vr read this whole thread, and i can't figure out why all of you have such an attitude towards Amber. You guys call her whore troll etc. and I have'nt seen her say anything that I consider rude.
Maybe she's not telling you all what you would like to hear? I don't know.
But i don't think you guys are acting very intelligent, not to mention polite.
my .2 cents.

This may sound crazy, but...
I'vr read this whole thread, and i can't figure out why all of you have such an attitude towards Amber. You guys call her whore troll etc. and I have'nt seen her say anything that I consider rude.
Maybe she's not telling you all what you would like to hear? I don't know.
But i don't think you guys are acting very intelligent, not to mention polite.
my .2 cents.

Firstly, I don't think Amber is actually a girl. I just keep remembering AlisonLovesBrady and what a fraud "she" was. Secondly, I think just because "she" signs her posts KISSES AND HUGS doesn't mean she's not thoroughly enjoying her "Uh-ohhhhhh......you guys are in TROUUUUUUBLE" posts which have said nothing new about anything.

THis is a troll who knows enough to really stir the pot yet avoid being banned.

FRCP 12(b)(6) is just one of several procedural hurdles, but I really doubt there is an insufficient factual basis for the lawsuit. I would not look for nor bet on the likelihood of a summary judgment claiming such to be the case.

I assume you doubt that the complaint will be dismissed for failure to state a claim based on your extensive knowledge of legal precedent applicable to this sort of claim involving professional sports.

As the erudite soul you appear to be, you probably already read that the practice supposedly taped involved the red zone offense for the Rams. The Rams were 1/1 in the red zone in the Superbowl. The taping therefore caused the Rams what damage? Defense rests. Settlement offer: court costs and attorney's fees awarded to the Patriots for making them waste their time on this case.

Last edited:
Firstly, I don't think Amber is actually a girl. I just keep remembering AlisonLovesBrady and what a fraud "she" was. Secondly, I think just because "she" signs her posts KISSES AND HUGS doesn't mean she's not thoroughly enjoying her "Uh-ohhhhhh......you guys are in TROUUUUUUBLE" posts which have said nothing new about anything.

THis is a troll who knows enough to really stir the pot yet avoid being banned.

Well with all due respect, she/he appears to have stirred up a few of you.
i just think you guys are going a bit overboard. I've seen more inflamatory post from other "visitors" that did'nt get the response that I see here.
It just seems odd, that's all.

Well with all due respect, she/he appears to have stirred up a few of you.
i just think you guys are going a bit overboard. I've seen more inflamatory post from other "visitors" that did'nt get the response that I see here.
It just seems odd, that's all.

Well, yes. that's why "she" is so annoying.

Most inflammatory posters are dealt with this way, in my experience. But they don't usually prance around tossing out kisses and hugs while posting their doomsday scenarios.

I am tired of all this crap. I think BB did something that I believe all the other teams do. That said, I have no doubt that BB has proof locked up somewhere of all the other teams. Have we heard from any present day NFL coaches at all? Do you think Parcells is nervous? Personally, I look forward to the s**t hitting the fan....clear the air, so to speak.

The tone on this thread is unpleasant. It has been a tough couple of weeks for us fans....I love this team and feel hurt. I don't need someone to come and give me a reality check...I live in f***king reality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back