PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walsh won't talk (to the PRESS) and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Walsh won't talk (to the PRESS) and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spy

You can bank on it and Goodell already knows the teams because the Pats gave him the tapes.

Right on target. I would bet more than one United States Dollar that the tapes that BB sent the commish included tapes from his Giants and Jets days, probably taken at Parcell's instructions and with the assistance of the Rat and Romeo.

Re: Walsh won't talk (to the PRESS) and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spy

I think the Pats were even more creative than that. They hqad their cameraman tape the opponents cameraman taping the Pats defensive signals. That's why Rooney told Goodell to destroy the tapes not to protect the Pats.

Re: Walsh won't talk - and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spygate

Hmm let's see, walsh wont talk? Maybe cuz he's got NOTHING TO SAY...but no florio plays the domino effect and concludes that bill parcells is in on this and crennel will get in trouble. ok so who did parcells work for?...and who did they work for..and who did they work for...and so on and so on til you've connected every single person in the nfl. GFY FLORIO

Why stop at people? Obviously, God did it!!!

So, does Walsh have this alleged tape of the Ram's practice or was it destroyed 6 years ago. And why is he coming forward with this accusation 6 years hence? I suspect there are other Patriot haters behind it. When you are the most hated team in any sport, you fall prey to all kinds of negative comments and accusations.

This whole thing is just ridiculous.

BB and the Pats need to appeal this and get their damn draft pick back.

If everyone does this, there is no reason that they are the only team that should be punished. it has already gone too far. BB needs to tell Goodell to give the pick back or he's telling all.

I would laugh my ass off if Goodell pushed this issue or was forced to push this issue and (a) it indicted most of the league (b) Belichick got to sit back smugly as all other coaches had to explain their spying (c) Parcells was one of the ones that did it (d) the Giants recent win and past wins were now in question

Oh man, that would be sweet, sweet justice.

Our own MDS (yeah, AOL, we're claiming him) makes an astute observation regarding the still-unfolding drama known in these parts as Spygate II.

If (and we know that's a big "if") it's ultimately proven that the Pats spied on the Rams' final walk-through practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI, who besides New England coach Bill Belichick will have both legs knee deep in doo-doo?

As MDS points out, Jets coach Eric Mangini, Browns coach Romeo Crennel, and Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan were all on Belichick's staff at the time (and they worked for the Patriots, too -- man, we can never get enough of that adolescent humor). To the extent that the Pats were using knowledge of plays that the Rams would run from specific formations, those three defensive coaches might have known something about it.

But let's take this a step farther. As the rumor in NFL circles goes (and it's only a rumor), Belichick warned NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell last year that if the Spygate issue ever comes up again Belichick will tell all that he knows about cheating in pro football. Even if that rumor isn't true, it's hard to imagine that any cheating (if it's happening) started in New England at the beginning of the current decade.

If he did it, Belichick likely learned it from someone else. And one of those potential someones is now the V.P. of football operations in Miami.

Belichick was Bill Parcells' defensive coordinator for two Super Bowl wins with the Giants, and later worked for him again with the Jets. Ironically, Belichick was the Steve Spagnuolo 17 years ago of a Giants team that somehow topped an AFC East team with a high-octane offense.

Look, we're not saying what will, would, or should happen here. But if Belichick gets called to the principal's office again, this time he might sing (if, of course, he has anything to sing about -- or, as the more fastidious in the crowd would say, about which to sing). And if/when he does, we can't only look at the guys who worked for him; we also need to look at the guys for whom he once worked.

If "ifs" were 5th's we'd all be drunk. :rolleyes:

I just have a general question about Florio because I never really read his website or even looked at it until the Moss on the bubble stuff came up. Has he ever been right about any of his "rumors"? I'm honestly curious.

Yes - he is very often correct.

And he is very often incorrect.

Florio does in fact have many actual NFL sources... the problem is, sometimes they are feeding him misinformation for their own purposes.

Both his sources and Florio need to be careful about that for their own credibility - but information and misinformation are all given for specific reasons.

The Moss might be cut story is a good example... was his source just mistaken? Was the source from another team hoping to create a disgruntled Moss on the Patriots? Or was the source actually from the Patriots to foster an overachieving Moss with a chip on his shoulders?

We'll never know but any of them could be possible.

The bottom line is that Florio's own interests are in having a site that walks the line from having juicy rumors that are right enough of the time to keep him relevant.

I'm not sure what percentage of times he's "right" but he's right enough. In this case however with his "BB might sing" rumor, he's not even giving a hint as to his source - which takes away that particular rumor's credibility.

Re: Walsh won't talk - and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spygate

Of course, why doesn't he take it one step further. If Belichick learned it from Parcells, doesn't that mean that everyone else on Parcells' tree (I'm looking at you, Coughlin) probably learned it too? Slippery slope.

You know this is becoming the 800 lb Gorilla in the living room no one wants to talk about, While I will NOT condone cheating in any form and I would be VERY UPSET if it came out the Giants did the same thing I will say to think the Pats are the ONLY team to do this would be idiotic. I am SURE there are other teams that have done this or worse and the NFL sure does NOT want to take that publicity hit.

I think it became magnified for the Pats due to their success over the past few years, the casual fan would look at this and think "Why did the Pats do it they don't need to" and than of course the piling on begins...

Sad really for the NFL as a whole:mad:

If "ifs" were 5th's we'd all be drunk. :rolleyes:
I like that one :rocker:

I usually use "If the Queen had ballls she would be King."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey