Welcome to PatsFans.com

Walsh won't talk (to the PRESS) and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spygate

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +171 / 2 / -3

Two interesting items on PFT - sorry if this has been posted already but I didn't see it.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,301 / 18 / -8

#3 Jersey

Re: Walsh won't talk - and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spygate

Umm . . . they'll also need to look at all the other folks who had their hands in the cookie jar, too.

But I agree on one point--I think BB took a hit for the good of the team on the first one. If it goes much further, though, all bets are off.

3. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,234 / 9 / -6

i getting tired of florio's act.

4. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I hoping he sings "Message in a Bottle".

that song makes me fun.

5. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +342 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I wish I feeling funner.

6. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

More crap from the Moralizer's website. Pay it no mind, he's a liar....and a moron.

#12 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmm let's see, walsh wont talk? Maybe cuz he's got NOTHING TO SAY...but no florio plays the domino effect and concludes that bill parcells is in on this and crennel will get in trouble. ok so who did parcells work for?...and who did they work for..and who did they work for...and so on and so on til you've connected every single person in the nfl. GFY FLORIO

8. TN Patriot

TN Patriot On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He won't talk to anyone who won't be able to grant him immunity, that's why he has nothing to say, atleast not to the mediots. Walsh and his attorney are smart. Unlike what's her name's first mouth piece in Florida.

#12 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ok, but if the NFL does indemnify him and he still wont talk what would be the story then? He did hint that if someone covers his legal finances he'd have something to say. I just hate the way Florio assumes he has a story to tell and then continues to speculate all who it would incriminate when point blank there may not even be a story, and on top of that Walsh's credibility may be seriously void.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

My guess is Goodell wants this to go away, in his rush to judgement, he realized that there is and has been one upsmanship strategies pretty much across the NFL.. in his quest to preserve the integrity of the game, he would have to involve many others and that would cast a major shadow on the NFL.

11. Bertil

Bertil Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sports now has it's "Tawana Brawley" case.

12. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 23 / -10

Your "source" is Mike Florio? :rofl: He's got less credibility than Doughboy Tomase and that's hard to do.
    Walsh won't talk to the media because he'll look like a fool. Classic case of someone running their mouth to call attention to themselves only to have it blow up on them when they can't back up what they've been bloviating about. All the lawyering up in the world can't save Walsh. Just remember the words of Michael Holley on this issue. Belichick won't even face a fine when all is said and done with this clown.
    Bill Belichick will never turn snitch on other coaches. NEVER!!

13. newton_tom_cat

newton_tom_cat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

that's actually an interesting nuance. no wonder BB was burning mad at Manboobs.

14. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,469 / 20 / -20

#75 Jersey

EXACTLY. Which is why I have edited the title of this thread (added - "to the PRESS").

People should not jump to conclusions that he will not spew to Specter just because Walsh isn't spilling the beans this week to some AP reporter.

15. tdw777

tdw777 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Walsh won't talk (to the PRESS) and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spy

He wants to be the "Linda Tripp" of spygate

16. bronk37

bronk37 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Walsh won't talk (to the PRESS) and a rumor that BB would "sing" if pushed on Spy

If I am BB and they suspend or fine me again for spygate again, then I say to myself if i'm going down i am going down in a blaze of glory and im taking as many of you hypocrites(coaches) with me.

17. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +87 / 3 / -0

hmm...LOL...

so are the giants two SB victories with BB as D coordinator tainted? OMG

ppl just cant accept it can they? cheating goes on in the nfl...mangini was a crybaby that was pissed off at his former mentor, and so he let the media know what the NFL and Roger and anyone else in the NFL knows....that cheating goes on....(if you call videotaping from an illegal position cheating of course)

morons just wont let this die....i must admit however, it would be very funny to see if BB has proof of other teams and head coaches cheating in all manner of ways....would defenetely shut up the rest of the many stupid fans calling us out

18. flasox27

flasox27 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +59 / 2 / -4

#54 Jersey

You can bank on it and Goodell already knows the teams because the Pats gave him the tapes.

19. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I just have a general question about Florio because I never really read his website or even looked at it until the Moss on the bubble stuff came up. Has he ever been right about any of his "rumors"? I'm honestly curious.

20. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 5 / -1

I don't know about the Walsh story (personally I think he's a loser looking for his 15 minutes of fame and has nothing to say that he can prove).

But as for the Belichick story: Well, duh!

Maybe it's that I've lived and worked in the most cynical city in the world for nearly 20 years, but I have assumed all along that Goodell burned the tapes, rejected passionate pleas for BB's suspension and buried the story because Belichick let him know that he had the goods. I actually went so far as to think that he might just have included tapes from his Giants and Jets days in the package he sent the commish.

And, as for hardball, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

I was surprised that Bob Kraft's very negative comments about the CBA last week did not receive a lot more media attention. I guess they got lost in the Super Bowl hype and story. I actually thought they were a shot across Goodell's bow in the wake of the Specter and Walsh nonsense and was amazed that none of our quick thinking local reporters picked up on it. The last CBA allows either players or owners to opt out either in or after the 2008 season (not sure which exactly). Those of you who followed the most recent CBA negotiations know that there would have been no CBA, but a strike, if Jonathan Kraft, operating on behalf of his dad and Jerry Jones, had not brokered a deal with other big market owners who were tired of subsidizing the Colts and Jaguars and getting their teeth kicked in by them on Sunday.

If Kraft pulls the plug, there is no CBA and Roger Goodell will have a true mess on his hands, not to mention a strike.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.