PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walsh to speak on HBO [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Walsh to speak on HBO

I'm still unsure why anybody would believe this guy is credible. He could say anything and if there is no proof, then so what? He would not have to worry about breaking his agreement about purposely being untruthful either because if there is no physical evidence proving he is purposely being untruthful, then he does not have to worry. It's all heirsay and he said she said.

Sorry, call my sceptical about BOTH sides. Everybody would want to spin this the best possible to make themselves look as good as possible. Unfortunately all it takes is one person to cry fire and the media could care less if there is any proof to back that person up.

I'm still unsure why anybody would believe this guy is credible. He could say anything and if there is no proof, then so what? He would not have to worry about breaking his agreement about purposely being untruthful either because if there is no physical evidence proving he is purposely being untruthful, then he does not have to worry. It's all heirsay and he said she said.

Sorry, call my sceptical about BOTH sides. Everybody would want to spin this the best possible to make themselves look as good as possible. Unfortunately all it takes is one person to cry fire and the media could care less if there is any proof to back that person up.

Lets see who interviewed him Andrea Kramer, who reportered reonoues that Pats were using radio singals against the jets, and the jets were going to take action.. More which hunts... Its over again for me..

Well he got his money. The only possible problem for him is no that he's being called a lier he could be putting it in his canteen account in prison. I've read that he may lose his indemnity and that would leave him open to being charged with theft. It would heart breaking to see such a fine upstanding man spending his HBO money on Ramon soups,and Slim Jims. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Its my understanding that as part of the agreement he signed with the league and with the Pats, he cant profit off of either the tapes or his personal accountances of any of this experience. If he is being paid by HBO or any other outlet, that profit cleared will got to a charity of the NFL's choosing. The guy's gotta wait 5 years to financially benefit from this thing. I do believe. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Not quite.

The agreement does not say that he can't profit for five years, although that's what it looks like at first glance. But if you read it more carefully, it states that he can't have his cake and eat it too: he has to "reimburse" the league for whatever money it spends on his behalf before he can keep any profits he makes (I use quotes because the money will go to charity, not back to the league). In other words, if the league spent $25K on this week's hijinks, and HBO is paying him $40K, he can keep the extra $15K.

Last edited:

This is what it comes down to.
Walsh wants so badly to think what he did was important to the success of the Patriots.
He thinks he really was part of the team.

He's like that scumbag Carlo from "The Godfather".
That's the best analogy I can come up with.
He was never really part of the family.

So Mangini is Fredo, Walsh is Carlo. Now we just need Specter to wake up next to a dead hooker like the Honorable Senator Pat Geary of Nevada.

Matt Walsh interview with HBO

:rolleyes:

Here is a preview of the interview w/ Walsh. Just watching it you can tell he is a dirtbag.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=7852057

Walsh claims that he was told to turn his patriot gear inside out to hide his identity, but Belichick said you can see you him filming on the sidelines during the game if you watch gametape. It would be a small victory but it would be cool if we could prove Walsh a liar yet again here.

Last edited:
Re: Matt Walsh Interview

Translation: Me and the other video guys are the reason the Patriots won 3 Super Bowls.

The media will play this ad nauseum.
And this ridiculous statement will be believed completely.

Turn it inside out?

Huh?

When I don't want to wear company swag, I just wear another shirt/jacket. I don't turn it inside out. That's assinine.

oh for gods sake, what a tool. he is implying they only won because of the tapes...what a total ******* ******* ************. no wonder he got fired, of course he did. ******* douchebag. if BB was mean to this guy, im sure he was asking for it.

what a dirtbag

Yeah, no ****, dirtbag. Anyone would pay $750,000 for three Super Bowls - but I'm pretty sure no intelligent organization would pay $750,000 AND A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK(!) for something that had very little bearing on an actual game. Don't be a dumbass, you agenda-pushing, lying, reeking anal discharge.

Yeah, no ****, dirtbag. Anyone would pay $750,000 for three Super Bowls - but I'm pretty sure no intelligent organization would pay $750,000 AND A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK(!) for something that had very little bearing on an actual game. Don't be a dumbass, you agenda-pushing, lying, reeking anal discharge.

LOL classic!

i refuse to watch the interview. but i believe walsh might end up getting caught due his own arrogance and idiocy .

Turn it inside out?

Huh?

When I don't want to wear company swag, I just wear another shirt/jacket. I don't turn it inside out. That's assinine.

Don't be such a homer. When I want to avoid being noticed, I always turn my clothes inside out. It is scientifically proven to help avoid detection. Something about light not reflecting off the inside of clothing, but instead being drawn in like a black hole. A side benefit is that it also provides stealth ability like spy planes...so opposing teams couldn't even use radar to find Walsh.

Think about it. Have you ever noticed people walking down the street with their clothes inside out? Exactly...

If Belichick thought this filming was within the rules, why would he put in place such state-of-the-art technology for avoiding detection? He wouldn't. How much clearer does it need to be?

I'm Mark Schlereth and I approve this message.

Last edited:

Way to ignore the biggest piece of news in the HBO interview, namely HBO quoting an unnamed "offensive star" of the Patriots from those days saying that at least some players knew about the taping of the opposition's signals and that the stealing of signals actually was a great help to their offense. That's the big news that's going to come out of this interview, once the mainstream media gets off their rears. My guess is it's Antowain Smith, since wasn't he kind of forced out of NE on a rail with the addition of Corey Dillon?

This leaves no doubt that BB is correct in his assertion during the CBS interview that "Walsh has an agenda". Unfortunately much of the public that has already made up their mind about the importance of stealing signals will latch on to this Walsh interview and use this as "proof" that the only reason that the Patriots have won three super bowls was due to taping opponent's signals.

Way to ignore the biggest piece of news in the HBO interview, namely HBO quoting an unnamed "offensive star" of the Patriots from those days saying that at least some players knew about the taping of the opposition's signals and that the stealing of signals actually was a great help to their offense. That's the big news that's going to come out of this interview, once the mainstream media gets off their rears. My guess is it's Antowain Smith, since wasn't he kind of forced out of NE on a rail with the addition of Corey Dillon?

Welcome back, FF. We had missed your trolling ways. Was the hole you crawled out of getting flooded from the rain?

Antowain Smith was done by the time he left NE. He only played two more years after he left here, and that was as backup on the Titans and Saints.
Plus, he wasn't "run out of town"...he was a free agent that wasn't resigned. Geez, man, do you and Tomase have the same fact checkers?

Exactly. Walsh said an offensive player told him that his tapes from a 2000 pre-season game against TB allowed the Pats to know 75% of the TB defensive call just a few weeks later in the regular season (unfortunately the other 25% of the callers were killers and the Pats lost). You are correct that this is huge news:

1) This must be absolutely true since 2nd-hand information from unnamed sources always turns out to be 100% accurate.

2) Since the Pats were able to get 75% of the Bucs plays from a pre-season game, it obviously means they were able to get 75% of the plays from every subsequent opponent throughout their dynastic run. Simple logic.

3) I hear the league is going to investigate the TB coaches from 2000 as part of a comprehensive investigation into rampant stupidity in the NFL. Exposing 75% of your team's defensive gameplan and the associated signals in a pre-season game? When you are playing the same team for real in a couple of weeks? I expect some severe penalties being handed out...including but not limited to many hours of educational television viewing.

I'm not ignoring anything - in order to ignore something you have to be aware of it in the first place. I've only watched the snippet that was provided.

Regardless, what does a former "offensive star" have to do with what I said? Does that star's knowledge mean anything to the fact that Walsh knowingly omits the first round pick in his summation of the punishment, or that coaches, players and the commissioner of the NFL have come out and said that the taped signals provide no competitive advantage? The same information can (and is) gained from viewing the signals legally - so how does the taping of those equate to three Super Bowl titles (as Walsh is saying)?

Antowain Smith was never an "offensive star."

"your guess" and wishful thinking is all you've ever gone on since you first came here. Funny how you guess wrong every step of the way. Where's the walk-through tape?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back