Welcome to PatsFans.com

WalMart stops being Politically Correct!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 13, 2010.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I was in WalMart for the first time this shopping season this past Saturday. I was surprised and happy to hear Christmas songs playing over their sound system...I mean songs with the actual words and I'm referring to Christmas songs about Christ.

They played "Hark the Herald", "Oh Little town of Bethlehem" and others. Never been a fan of WalMart and I'm still not, but I'll tip my hat to them for having the courage to actually acknowledge those that are spending the money in their stores...Christmas Shoppers!

2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

And look!! Someone caught it on camera!!

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?p=7749

A CHRISTMAS CAROL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

It's kinda sad that we've even reached a point where we take notice when Christmas songs are being played on CHRISTmas. :(

4. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

It's kind of sad that anyone would care about this, either way, whether they choose to play Christmas songs or not.

5. Real World

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

It's kinda sad that you even felt the need to post in here. Merry CHRISTmas Jack! :D

6. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

It's, err, kind of sad that you even signed up on this site in the first place :confused:

Likewise.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

When the ENTIRE reason for all the Christmas dollars being spent is for CHRISTMAS, anyone with any intelligence would realize.....

"Of course people notice whether or not CHRISTMAS songs are played during the CHRISTMAS season at retailers who generate over 50% of their annual revenue during CHRISTMAS season by CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS!"

But that's what happens after years of retailers stopped playing them. Almost all retailers now only play the non-religious songs like "Jingle Bells", "Winter Wonderland", etc.. Not only that, most stopped playing songs with lyrics and just played the "Instrumental versions" of them.

So, when I heard the words "What child is this?", I was pleasantly surprised. Makes one wonder why any of them ever stopped playing them at all, doesn't it?

8. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -9

Well yeah, I think people who get bent out of shape over songs that mention Christmas or Christ have a bit too much time on their hands. I'm not religious but I wouldn't think twice about it. It's just a song, if it bothers you that much, take your business elsewhere.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

America loves CHRISTmas for those that don't I suggest "Ignore it" do your own thing.

:bricks:

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

In this recession, any retailer would be smart to realize their goal should be to make a Christmas shoppers' experience as "Christmassie" as possible. In other words, cater to them as much as you can and maybe you can steal shoppers from your competition.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Every time I am out and about, hear Christmas music.. perhaps folks have not been listening to the music, instead they have been listening to the thought police of talk radio..

Personally find much of the redone christmas music, pretty neauseating..

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I actually went over to Macy's after my WalMart visit and all they had playing was the "instrumental versions"...no words to the songs....it kinda made me feel sad (like the color yellow)

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

Boy we agree on that one, Christmas Carols should be sung and played as they were written there is nothing more annoying and disgusting as somebody screaming, yelling and doing their best to try and change the way the song was intended to be sung and played, sh!t on those bastards they sound like alley cats on the fence at 2:00 AM.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +679 / 7 / -2

YouTube - Feliz Navidad

[​IMG]

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Does it really make all that much of a difference, what they play.. do they play patriotic music on the 4th?? Tribute to Veteran's on Nov. 11th??

This whole thing is a bunch of bs that detracts from the real issues, O'Reilly et al want to deny people who own the stores what choice of music they play.. whatever happened to freedom of speech(music).. guess they want to take away another freedom, again.

Every year the banter about politically correct christmas music is boring.. who gives a f... people are going to shop for the best deals and the best prices.. music is a non factor, except for talk radio.

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

The point here is that retailers SHOULD be going all out trying to please the people that are spending the money...and that's Christmas shoppers Darryl. Many retailers generate over 50% of their annual sales during the Christmas shopping season. So of course they should acknowledge these shoppers more than any others.

What's sad to me is a society that worries about other peoples' feelings being hurt by Making Christmas shopping about...well, CHRISTMAS. Sometimes we can be a society in denial. So that's why I'm giving WalMart credit here. Maybe other retailers will follow suit!

Just because it's not a big deal to YOU, doesn't mean it's not a big deal. I think the reality here is that feelings of people like you are what shouldn't be a big deal.

Retailers do play patriotic music on the 4th...but there's only so much of it. Also, no other holiday generates anything close to Christmas revenues.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +833 / 2 / -9

When I Christmas shop I like to hear Christmas music played and sung as it was intended when it was written the last thing I want to hear is Whitney Houston screaming, yelling and changing the whole sound and melody, Nat King Cole is the guy to listen to when you want traditional Christmas songs sung as they should be sung.

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Christmas music is not pleasing to everyone.. personally abhor most of the garbage that is played in most stores, cannot wait to get out..

Christmas is a christian holiday, US is not a christian nation despite what everyone thinks.. to impose christian values on everyone is very unamerican...

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

So, Harry, you're never going to reach that stage in life where you realize that life isn't all about what you want and what you like, are you?

Your "tradition" is not going to be your grandchildren's "tradition."
    Times change...the people living in those times usually change with it.

Well, most of them, anyhow. The ones who aren't stone-cold narcissicts.

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know, every time you make up a complete load of bullcrap like this, you only make yourself look bad. It's like announcing to the world you're a gullable fool. For some reason, that is something you choose to do on a very regular basis.