Welcome to PatsFans.com

WalMart and the $9.00 Birth Control Pill

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Nice of WalMart to make birth control affordable. Really, it is. I mean it.

However, I do have to point out two things which aren't being mentioned.

1) They only offer 2 generic versions of one birth control pill....and that pill, or it's generic, make up only 20% of all BC pills prescribed. It is a very old version of the pill and does not work well for many women and many doctors do not like prescribing it.

http://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...e-9-a-pack-at-target-but-thats-not-the-point/

2) Walmart has a large generic program for uninsured or underinsured customers. All but 9 of the 323 drugs offered are $4.00.

The 8 of the 9 drugs which cost more are tied to the reproductive system and all but 2 of them are female-specific.

http://i.walmart.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/genericdruglist.pdf

In other words - women, and their reproductive systems, are still getting screwed.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

It is not only their reproductive systems that are getting screwed..
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I doubt it's motivated by sex. Like everything in business, it's profit motivated. Like it or not, that's the way WalMart and all businesses operate.
  4. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good on WalMart.

Love the attempt to twist this from the Right trying to defend religious freedom to us attacking women. Nice try there.
  5. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Can't tell a woman what she can or can do with her body. Shouldn't care what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms. Must provide free abortions and birth control. Does that sound about right?
  6. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If women can abort whenever they want, why can't men -- in the form of simply walking away? Why don't men get that choice?
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

After TWO abortions a women should be spayed because it is pretty clear that she doesn't want children.

Liberals don't like Wal Mart because Wal Mart hires many people who otherwise would be on Welfare.

(liberal loons love to coddle & slop) it makes them feel superior, they like to brag and crow to each other at their little loon gatherings about how Good they are (don't work, we will take care of you)

:bricks:
    god willing
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 4 / -2

That about sums it up. People's bodies and lifestyles are their own, except for when it comes to what they've done to, with, or put inside them. Then it's everybody else's problem.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Actually, a large percentage of WalMart employees ARE on welfare.

Wal-Mart Welfare How taxpayers subsidize the world's largest retailer. by Jenna Wright

Ohio

PolitiFact Ohio | Rep. Robert Hagan slams Wal-Mart over workers needing public assistance

You can find virtually the same thing for every other state.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +302 / 4 / -2

I've always wondered the same. Two things I've never really gotten a good answer for when it comes to forced compliance, or responsibility. One is the abortion deal. When a woman becomes pregnant, it's entirely up to her to terminate, or have the baby. The man who impregnated her, has absolutely no say. So if he wants her to have it, and she doesn't, too bad. However, if the male doesn't want her to have it, and she does, he's forced to pay for it. I'd guess that one point would ask how one would force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, simply because the father wants her to. Still, there seems to be a measure of inequality here.

The other issue relates to unions and their employers, but no need to discuss it here.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +302 / 4 / -2

Why would companies pay their help more, when they know the government is going to subsidize their lifestyle and wages anyway? Meanwhile guess who gets stuck with the tab. Cheap labor is subsidized labor for the most part. Labor subsidized by taxpayers like me.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Amazing what a person can do when they actually bother to find out the facts before spouting off, isn't it?

I find the truth to be so much more informative than fiction. I'm constantly amazed that others, such as yourself, don't agree.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I don't have time for that crap, If i say it then that is something that should be thought about, very often the truth is full of sh!t.
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I hope to to god you are joking
  17. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

to get better employees?

I'm skeptical that many of these people would be making considerably higher wages if there weren't welfare, state health plans, etc. in place. You'd just have more people going without.

If you really thought their wages were being subsidized, you could set the minimum wage at the threshold where they wouldn't get welfare and see what the result is -- what you'd wind up with is far fewer people working and more spending on them instead of less.
  18. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, I'm not. If you believe that it's a woman's choice what happens, soley and completely, why should the man be held similarly responsible?
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

So it seems you're saying that it's up to a woman whether or not a man has to support a child....actually a very good point.
  20. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I mentioned the same idea PR in the "dittohead" thread; about how having a baby is in the interest of the man (short of the medical aspect of it) as it is woman.

The post was seemingly avoided like the plague.

To think a man "isn't" vested in a baby (which was basically told to me, because only women have babies) is laughable at best.

HD - Before you jump to the conclusion (or in case you do) I am not condoning a man walking away from a child. I am however arguing that a child is a couples issue, not only a women's issue.