Welcome to PatsFans.com

Wall Street 2

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jul 3, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Gordon Gekko returns, ... reformed? warning about collapse?

[​IMG]

Javier Bardem has joined the cast, I guess.

Needless to say, I'm psyched for this film. Opinions vary about Stone, but it's about time Hollywood covered the economic collapse.

Stone thinks he can push out "Wall St. 2" by February. It hasn't even begun filming it yet, but I understand his ambition to keep it timely and not be delayed by lengthy production.

An interesting bit of info regarding the script:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/anton-chigurh-stalks-wall-street-in-oliver-stone-sequel.php

LaBeouf plays a young Wall Street trader whose stockbroker mentor kills himself. He blames a hedge fund manager (Bardem) responsible for major stock shorting in his mentor’s death and seeks the help of a disgraced Gordon Gekko (Douglas) in getting revenge. Gekko is fresh out of prison after serving time for his escapades in the first film, and he now sits on the fringe of the financial community. The additional kink in the mix is that LaBeouf is engaged to Gekko’s estranged daughter. The film reportedly spans from June 2008 through the recent Federal bailout and has a reformed Gekko warning the establishment that the market is about to crash.​

The original wasn't a perfect movie, but it did the trick. I'm sure Stone will add his artistic license to this one, but it'll be good to see a story put on the silver screen about the great wealth transfer of the 21st Century.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but who's going to play Barney Fwank, Chris Dodd, Jimmy Cahta, Frank Church, Ronald Dellums, Ted "Chappaquiddick" Kennedy, Billy "Bubba" Blue Dress????

Inquiring minds want to know.

//

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

as a side note, this past weekend I visited a sibling who lives about a 3-wood up the street from the Fed. We partied pretty hard Sunday night, but I made it a point to get up early Monday morning and lurk outside the NYSE and Exchange Alley for a bit. Just to absorb, you know -- watch them start their work week. I'd been there before, but this felt different.

Just wanted to breath it all in -- the epicenter of collapse ... and, one could argue, the epicenter of a whole lot of treason.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

please don't hijack another thread with this. The film, please. Original or new.

5. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Didja smell the fear in the air? :D

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No "hijack", sir. Very legitimate question: is Ollie-the-commie Stone going to make any effort to expose the real origins of the economic collapse, or is he going to just do his usual work-around: ".... them sick goddam Republicans did it!!!!! :mad:........ I'll show them!!! .......... hey, man, this is some KILLER weed!!!!.... sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssppp."

//

7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

They should include a scene where the Hillary Clinton and Tim Geithner characters beg Japan and China to not destroy the US and keep buying soon-to-be-worthless treasuries to fund our bailout and Iraq occupation.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's funny watching you willfully miss the big picture, and fashion and mold the entire cause of collapse into your own convenient and far-fetched mold. How convenient. You get to blame the gays, the Dems and the Communists, ... the poor, the minorities, even the "Godless" in one hysterical bit of self-rationalization, over what is essentially a greed-based reaction to resource shortage and overpopulation.

Reflex put you to bed long ago here regarding the CRA red herring. Yet here you are repeating the fraud over and over again, hoping someone new buys your latest verse.

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, no, I didn't say what you say I said above. I do not EVER blame the poor, ever. Nor do I blame "minorities" ..... for, though I am most assuredly of a "minority" religion, I do not make blanket statements about large groups of people; there are good and bad in almost every group.

No, no, no. I am talking here about Ollie-the-commie Stone. The guy who hates America with a passion. Oh, he's cool, calm, and collected in his on-screen interviews --- who wouldn't be after a night of some killer Thai stick or Acupulco Gold (old names, but he knows what I'm talking about) ??? No, Stoner loves to blame all the "powers that be", and yet.... take absolutely ZERO responsibility onto his own very wealthy -- filthy rich, some might say -- shoulders. So much easier to hit a man when he's down: the Vietnam Vet, Dick Nixon, the Wall Streeter enabled by the Congressional buddies.

One short question: when was the last time a Congress person left office with the same as when the entered????? How many have left with ten times, a hundred times, or more than when they went to Washington???? And, where did all that wealth come from????

//

10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The real origins whether you can accept it or not:
    - 40 years of deficit spending and trade imbalances, due to the comfort of dollar reserve status and forcing other nations to recycle into US treasuries or harm their own currency/trade.
    - Real estate bubble during the Bush era, created by Greenspan to prevent recession after 2001.
    - Trillion+ derivatives market and hedge funds outside of the bounds of legal oversight.

Only complete hacks like Fogbuster will try to make this about blaming a specific party and playing partisan politics, instead of figuring out what actually happened.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

But there is a youtube video that says...

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Maverick, if your premise is that I am playing "partisan politics" by honing in on such indisputable facts that the Congress passed legislation that totally enabled the mortgage lending system of America to be hi-jacked and then manipulated by unscrupulous people in the "dreaded private sector", then why did Obama and all the other Democrats build their entire campaign last year on "the 8 failed years of Geo Bush"???

If you say that it is beyond "partisan politics", then why was it just peachy fine OK for Obama to start every single one of his speeches with ".... the past failed 8 years....", yet NEVER did he breathe even one word of the faulty legislation that 100% was necessary for the Wall Street shenanigans to take place????

Bad legislation allowed the Wall Street mendacity in the first place. Wall Street and PARTICULARLY the banking industry, with mortgage principles in place for centuries, was doing OK ..... until Jimmy Carter and his (Democrat) Congress trashed it all, turned it into a crap shoot. There is NO way of getting around this. The truth is the truth.

//

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Ohhhh. Poor little helpless babies on Wall Street had nothing else to do but act imorally because Congress made them

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

All the while gobbling up the property on the coast with their 6K sq ft houses surrounded by fences, obstructing views and shoreline access.. lets take up a collection.

15. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you accept bits of string? I'm sure they could put it to good use ;)

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's not what I said, but you already knew that.

//

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, that's Kennedy, Kerry, Barney Fwank, Pelosi, Reid, and the Dem Congress for ya. See: Hyanisport Kennedy Compound, John Heinz Kerry living off a dead Republican senator's family business. Pathetic.

Change that makes you hurl.

//

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Can Oliver Stoned get this movie made without somehow getting his "Viet Nam Obsession" mixed up in it.

GOD DAMN AMERICA
    GOD DAMN BUSH
    GOD DAMN REPUBLICANS

19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +471 / 13 / -14

Who really thinks a MOVIE is important???

:rolleyes:

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

This is true, but you obviously have not seen the super huge development along all of our coasts by the New York INvestment Bankers.. did not think Frank lived on the coast.. Kerry does not live on the water..

Change you can believe in.. btw the Republicans never amass wealth.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and when they do it is done quite responsible..