PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walker is on his way to Foxborough TONIGHT, per Felger on FSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahriman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
He just made that known a few seconds ago.

Eagles | Team checking out J. Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:25:15 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker is being checked out by Philadelphia Eagles trainers in the Boston area Friday, April 28.

Patriots | Team checking out J. Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:24:18 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker visited with the New England Patriots Friday, April 28. He is also being examined by team doctors.

Broncos | Team tries to hold on to J. Walker, but he leaves for New England
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:21:14 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker visited with the Denver Broncos Friday, April 28. The team tried to keep in town, but he left to visit the New England Patriots as planned. New England and Philadelphia Eagles trainers will administer physicals to Walker in the Boston area. Walker's medical reports already checked out in other cities he visited.

i hope we can work out a fair deal to get him. he could greatly help our team!

profootballtalk.com says Walker changed his mind and decided not to go to NE and to go home because he is tired of traveling. Also says the pats are offering #52 for him...

i know its likely not gonna work out but i feel like its XMAS. you got a big player coming..you wait till you see what happens. either Walker or Draft has me excited!

It doesn't make sense to get Walker simply because he will want money and lots of guaranteed money which will set the market for Deion Branch. Sure they can front load the contract with salary cap money from this year, but why do that and send a message like that to the rest of your team.

I would be extremely suprised if they trade for him. You can tie up a 2nd rounder for four plus years.

If you are going to get Walker, why not have just kept Givens?

You sign Walker to a big long term deal, you shaft yourself in Branch negotaitions.

MrBigglesWorth said:
It doesn't make sense to get Walker simply because he will want money and lots of guaranteed money which will set the market for Deion Branch. Sure they can front load the contract with salary cap money from this year, but why do that and send a message like that to the rest of your team.

I would be extremely suprised if they trade for him. You can tie up a 2nd rounder for four plus years.

If you are going to get Walker, why not have just kept Givens?

You sign Walker to a big long term deal, you shaft yourself in Branch negotaitions.
I agree. My theory: BB is driving up the price on Denver, stringing along the Walker negotiations and blowing smoke...He doesn't want Denver to get Walker, so Shanahan is forced to take a WR at 15. Denver's current plan is to trade a #2 for Walker and take Lawson at #15. If Denver is forced by need to take a WR at #15, Lawson he could easily drop to #19, which would allow a less costly trade up by the Pats. NOTE: according to Schefter of NFL network Lawson scored a 43 on the Wonderlic...

man Lawson is almost a genius!

PonyExpress said:
profootballtalk.com says Walker changed his mind and decided not to go to NE and to go home because he is tired of traveling. Also says the pats are offering #52 for him...

Let's see. Millions on the line and a future career destination in the balance. The man goes home because he is tired. If this info is legit, I would not want this guy on my team.

mac said:
Let's see. Millions on the line and a future career destination in the balance. The man goes home because he is tired. If this info is legit, I would not want this guy on my team.

Amen to that. I'm sure BB/Pioli won't want him either. At this point I'm getting tired of the this entire thing. Second of all, have any of you stop to think that these reports are kind of strange?
When we traded for Corey Dillon, when did we hear about it? That's right, when the deal was done. When they traded for Duane Starks last year, when did we hear about it? When the deal was done. Almost every deal that the Patriots have made was done under the radar and reported WHEN THE DEAL WAS DONE. It is not normal for the Pats to put their business out there like this. This situation may be a little different, but this is not how BB/Pioli handle their business. I find a lot of these reports hard to believe.

DefenseRules said:
Amen to that. I'm sure BB/Pioli won't want him either. At this point I'm getting tired of the this entire thing. Second of all, have any of you stop to think that these reports are kind of strange?
When we traded for Corey Dillon, when did we hear about it? That's right, when the deal was done. When they traded for Duane Starks last year, when did we hear about it? When the deal was done. Almost every deal that the Patriots have made was done under the radar and reported WHEN THE DEAL WAS DONE. It is not normal for the Pats to put their business out there like this. This situation may be a little different, but this is not how BB/Pioli handle their business. I find a lot of these reports hard to believe.

Well I think this is a little more high profile because Walker has brought a lot of attention to himself the last week. I don't think its the pats leaking info but walker and his agent.

I'll gladly take him for our 2nd rounder. We have plenty of cap space, and we can lock Branch and Walker up. There is no way in hell we'll get better value out of our 2nd round pick than getting Walker. No way.

With that said, I agree above. every deal the Pats are involved in is EXTREMELY low key. Even Mason's deal was not known untill he signed with Baltimore I believe.

BionicPatriot said:
There is no way in hell we'll get better value out of our 2nd round pick than getting Walker. No way.

better player? doubtful. better value? probably. walker wants a ton of money... that is not value... i'd love to get walker, but we'd be giving up a 2, PLUS a boatload of guaranteed money... is that value? maybe.

Hell even I would like a nice move in free agency, though I know to trust BB at all times during the offseason. Walker seems to be the free agent player who the Pats are focusing on most, definitley for this offseason. Having him visit and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back