PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walker (ESPN): Patriots will struggle in Post-Brady Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly...what kind of hairdo will Brady be sporting. Personally I’m pulling for the Flock of Seagulls retro look.

Last edited:
total stating of obvious in regards to Tom Brady.......there are examples in the past....teams who have not won since their epic QB's have left.....elway, marino, aikman, etc

that said, didn't the pats make it to the SB with Tony Eason and Drew Bledsoe at QB?

won't do it without a top 5 defense though

total stating of obvious in regards to Tom Brady.......there are examples in the past....teams who have not won since their epic QB's have left.....elway, marino, aikman, etc

that said, didn't the pats make it to the SB with Tony Eason and Drew Bledsoe at QB?

won't do it without a top 5 defense though

Yes, I was thinking about Elway, Marino, and Aikman as well, but for those examples there are also examples of teams succeeding AFTER losing franchise quarters......

Montana, Bledsoe, Favre

It is just one of those stupid filler articles during the slower parts of the offseason. who cares?

Odds are Brady will be around for another 3-5 years or more. No one knows what the landscape of this team and the NFL will be by then.

If you said at this time last year that the 49ers would be playing the Giants in the NFC Championship last season, most people would say you were off your rocker. Most people doubted whether the 49ers could win 4 or 5 games last year nevermind playing in the Championship game. And people will take Walker seriously what will happen when Brady leaves the Pats 3-5 or more years from now?

This might be the most self-evident point that's ever been made by a sportswriter. Yes, the retirement of one of the greatest players in the history of the game, when it eventually happens, will make the Patriots worse. Also, water is wet.

That said, I have as much faith in the current regime's ability to identify and develop good quarterbacks as anyone else. The Patriots may not be perennial title contenders once Brady's gone, but I doubt that they'll suck, either.

Last edited:
Yes, I was thinking about Elway, Marino, and Aikman as well, but for those examples there are also examples of teams succeeding AFTER losing franchise quarters......

Montana, Bledsoe, Favre

Dolphins went 11-5, 11-5,9-7, and 10-6 the 4 years after Marino.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back