PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waiver Wire Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wanted a thread to list players that BB/SP might be interested in picking up, as the cutdown lists start coming in.

I wont bother mentioning Carlos Rogers...

One guy that I liked in the draft this year was former Northwestern LB Tim McGarigle, drafted by the Rams in the 7th round.

Another promising player, I thought, was DE Orien Harris drafted by Pittsburgh in the 4th round. He has prototypical size for a Belichick DE, and Pittsburgh plays a very similar defense to ours.

You meant Charles Rogers. Carlos is a CB for the Redskins.

I mentioned WR Reggie McNeal, cut by the Bengals.

Also, WR Skyler Green, Dallas 4th round pick that they just cut. LSU guy, and fits the smallish profile of the other Pats WR (5-9, 190#). Pretty much a return guy, though.

244# LB Mike Goolsby who played his college ball at Notre Dame, and played 2 games for Rams last year.

Also, LB Sam Cowart was released by Houston.

The rams released Dominique Thompson - no experience, but he is a talented wildcard. He could be fantastic.

As a developmental player, OLB potential and ST I thought Ryan LaCasse would fit our system. Also Josh Lay had a good college career as a corner and could be a good PS player to develop.
Craig Bragg was a star WR and receiver at UCLA, very good kick returner.

Nothing to get excited about so far..

Last edited:
This is a fun thread. :)

WR Darius Watts was released by Denver. Pundits had said that he was likely to be the #3 WR after Lelie left.

WR Troy Edwards was released by the WR-deep Jags and is an experienced WR who can return kicks. He isn't big or flashy but is a solid short possession receiver. After seeing the Pats WRs in preseason games, Edwards wouldn't hurt.

WR Frisman Jackson was released by Cleveland. Last year he showed flashes of deep play ability. The Browns QB situation was not good and maybe Brady can help.

What time do the cuts have to be done by?

Any word on Patten?

At least he is familar with our system and QB. He could step in.

SIX pm Saturday. (4 was yesterday - Branch).

Bengals waived P.K. Sam ... and Browns waived [correction] Justin Kurpeikis.

Also, Broncs release Ron Dayne - not that we want him.

Last edited:
old 55 said:
Any word on Patten?

At least he is familar with our system and QB. He could step in.

skins said no to cutting patten months ago.

darius watts cut from denver???? wow, why? good #3 guy. might be a good #2 guy on a normal team in time (behind smith and walker).

Browns cut Ross Tucker ... they must be deep at center :)

Scratch that draft pick.

NE39 said:
You meant Charles Rogers. Carlos is a CB for the Redskins.

I mentioned WR Reggie McNeal, cut by the Bengals.

Also, WR Skyler Green, Dallas 4th round pick that they just cut. LSU guy, and fits the smallish profile of the other Pats WR (5-9, 190#). Pretty much a return guy, though.

I posted about the Bengal receivers earlier in the week. A very close friend of mine is a huge Bengal fan. He loves McNeal. Not out of the realm, given that he would also be an emergency QB, but less likely than two hours ago (now that they landed Gabriel).

Brady-To-Branch said:
This is a fun thread. :)

WR Darius Watts was released by Denver. Pundits had said that he was likely to be the #3 WR after Lelie left.

WR Troy Edwards was released by the WR-deep Jags and is an experienced WR who can return kicks. He isn't big or flashy but is a solid short possession receiver. After seeing the Pats WRs in preseason games, Edwards wouldn't hurt.

WR Frisman Jackson was released by Cleveland. Last year he showed flashes of deep play ability. The Browns QB situation was not good and maybe Brady can help.

Watts is talented. I wonder if his lack of special teams play would be too much of a negative to BB and Co. They don't like that.

Indy waived Dan Federkiel, I'd like to see him get a chance on the Practice Squad.

Rocky Boiman lb from dallas

Brian St. Pierre ... Rob Petitte ... Carlyle Holiday ... Jamin Elliott.

Rocky Boiman Dallas. I wouldn't be suprised if they brought this guy in for a look to fill Gardners spot. Here is ESPN desription of him when he signed with Dallas from Tenn. "It is not yet certain where Boiman will play in the Dallas defense, but his versatility is a valuable asset, whether he wins a starting spot or is a top reserve. Boiman played both outside spots for the Titans and, given his size (6-feet-4, 236 pounds), he has the potential to play one of the inside positions in a 3-4 front. Several teams, including the Cincinnati Bengals, demonstrated interest in Boiman as a free agent. Most of those teams viewed Boiman, who is also a special teams standout, as a potential starter. A fourth-round choice in the 2002 draft, Boiman has 113 tackles, 1½ sacks and two interceptions in 54 appearances, including 11 starts. His best season was in 2003, when he registered 55 tackles. Boiman has good enough range, most teams feel, to play as a nickel linebacker."

flutie2phelan said:
Jamin Elliott

Jamin? There is a guy out there named Jamin? BB and SP need to go get him based on his name alone. He's Jamin! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back