PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wade Phillips: Welker not real athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guy, put your nickel Harris on Welker again.

Welker's adaptability is very good. I've noticed he tends to always play CBs better the next time around.

If Harris thinks 53 yards given up is satisfactory with no Gronk he's gonna feel pretty mad this time around.

Last edited:
Phillips is one to talk. He's pretty out of shape himself. Maybe not in the Ryan class, but not far off.

In before Wes has a 10+ reception game.

Phillips is one to talk. He's pretty out of shape himself. Maybe not in the Ryan class, but not far off.

Wish I could remember who it was, but when Wade was coaching the Bills one of the Globe sports writers said every time he sees Wade on the sidelines, he looks like he should have a big oil stain on the center of his shirt. Kind of funny.

It's OK, I mean Belichick dissed Wade last time around. Said Wade always runs the same defense, never changes. That might not be a knock from some coaches, but coming from a guy like Belichick who puts in new wrinkles constantly, it was a big diss.

Kind of a dumb thing to say. With Welker's size and stature, how on earth does Phillips think he maintains his exceptional NFL career? Luck?

In before Wes has a 10+ reception game.

I was just going to say thanks to Wade for ensuring a 10-catch game by Wes, and a hearty "You suck!" when No. 83 snatches one near the Pillsbury Doughboy along Houston's sideline.

Re: Wes Welker: I'm more athletic than Wade Phillips.

Phillips is right that Welker is no AJ Green... he's better.

This is perhaps the dumbest thing Phillips could have said going into this match. I wonder what Arian Foster thinks?

Last edited:
Isnt that a good thing for the PATS? Since his team played well against A J Green who is a pretty good athletic receiver :D

Last edited:
Wade's daddy's nickname was "Bum" .....Wade's nickname should be "Sh#thead" This guy just a few months ago said that he Has NEVER FIGURED OUT HOW TO COVER or gameplan for WELKAH!!!.....Why is that "Sh$thead?" Maybe because he is one of the most talented, ATHLETIC, and VERSATILE WR's in the history of the game!?? Sounds like he is becoming sore a##ed from all the times TB and Welk have torched his backside. What a douche he is....

Wade Phillips: Wes Welker is not 'real athletic' receiver - NFL.com

silly man. this is why your defense has never beaten tom brady. :)

Last edited:
Wade's daddy's nickname was "Bum" .....Wade's nickname should be "Sh#thead" This guy just a few months ago said that he Has NEVER FIGURED OUT HOW TO COVER or gameplan for WELKAH!!!.....Why is that "Sh$thead?" Maybe because he is one of the most talented, ATHLETIC, and VERSATILE WR's in the history of the game!?? Sounds like he is becoming sore a##ed from all the times TB and Welk have torched his backside. What a douche he is....

That was Gailey i think

How clever of Wade to diss a guy who can only defend himself on the field...

Phillips is not real bright. That's why he could never cut it as a HC. He's a lot like Rex in that respect as well as in the tree he fell from was essentially his old man's.

Re: Wes Welker: I'm more athletic than Wade Phillips.

Phillips is right that Welker is no AJ Green... he's better.

This is perhaps the dumbest thing Phillips could have said going into this match. I wonder what Arian Foster thinks?

Nothing like bulletin board material...

I want some of what Mr. Phillips is smoking, and I don't even smoke :D

Luckily for us Bradie James, Barrett Ruud, Glover Quin and Danielle Manning are even less athletic.

I think Wade has a little "bum" in him...

Wade Phillips‏@sonofbum

Wes Welker is a great athlete and one of the best receivers of all time- #twistthataround

Wade is apparently feeling a little misunderstood. So now Wes while not real athletic is a great athlete and one of the best receivers of all time... Too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes