PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wade Phillips: 'We feel like we should win'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I don't see much of an issue here. I'd question him if he didn't feel like his team should win.

Precisely.
Next someone starts a thread on game day "Sun to rise in East before the game!"

Holy **** Bill Belichick has you all coach speak brainwashed. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Good Lord.

Frankly, I thought the comments were more of a "diss" of Peyton Manning than of the Patriots, and I don't think they were a diss of Manning at all. However, your team is crying about an article by a writer, so let's not play this game. When it comes close to game time, teams look for motivation anywhere they can perceive it. The play is usually about a lack of respect. While I agree that Philipps' words are getting some good twisting this week, this is what happens, so don't pretend it's only in New England. The only way to avoid becoming fodder for teams/fans is to say something pretty close to "We're playing a great team this week. We're going to prepare hard and do our best".

Pretty much anything else is going to get twisted.

Last edited:
Buffon...envious...fat....dumb...scared...
Wade and the Master have been on opposite sidelines 29 times in their careers.

Wade 15
BB 14

BB has run over a lot of people in this league, but if you are into facts, Wade isn't one of them.

Last time without key LB, two DBs playing first game, J Joe hurt, Texans playing 3rd straight road game, including 3 games in something like 13 days, two going into OT and almost 5 qts, also missing TE and OT, yeah BB ran over Wade and the Texans.

Just keep believeing the script will unfold the same way this time around.

LOL 3 games in 13 days.....how did they do it?

all teams regularly play 3 games over a 14 day period

Buffon...envious...fat....dumb...scared...
Wade and the Master have been on opposite sidelines 29 times in their careers.

Wade 15
BB 14

BB has run over a lot of people in this league, but if you are into facts, Wade isn't one of them.

Last time without key LB, two DBs playing first game, J Joe hurt, Texans playing 3rd straight road game, including 3 games in something like 13 days, two going into OT and almost 5 qts, also missing TE and OT, yeah BB ran over Wade and the Texans.

Just keep believeing the script will unfold the same way this time around.

The Patriots were missing the greatest Tight End of all time on that game, so it kind of trumps all the circumstances you listed there. And that game was 42-7 when the starters were playing. It was as much of a blowout as a 12 win team will ever be involved in. Sure, everything you said played against the Texans, and I don't expect the Pats to steamroll you guys the same way, but you have to improve A LOT to win this game, based on the prior meeting between both teams.

Ha! I thought this was a typo when I read it. You do realize you're playing Tom Brady, not Andy Dalton, right Wade?

OK, the Patriots do have Brady at QB. But if you take away Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski and Lloyd, who is he going to throw too? Yeah, alright, the RBs can catch the ball too. But the point is, if you focus on stopping the run, then Brady is left without a good 6th receiving option.

:bricks:

Personally I couldn't care less about the "we feel like we should win" bit, but it always baffles me when opposing coaches discuss game planning before a game. And given Wade's history re: gameplans, I have to assume he's being forthright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes